facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 24, 2004, 09:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Rules abt silver goal

If scores are level on 90 minutes, extra time will be played and the silver goal rule will come into force.

If a team scores a goal in the first period of extra time, play continues until the first period is complete and if one team leads, they win the match. If it is still level at the end of the first period, the second period will be played to its end and if scores are still level, there will be a penalty shootout.

In the penalty shoot-out, each team alternately takes five spot kicks. If, after this procedure, both sides have converted the same number of penalties, kicks continue to be taken in the same order, until one team has scored one goal more than the other from the same number of kicks.

source: BBC

Old June 24, 2004, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

bhua niyom korse. tar theke ager niyomtai bhalo. golder goal ar niyomtai beshi bhalo chilo.
Old June 24, 2004, 10:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

well, if the team scored goal first in tht time gona b a bd rule for them, coz may b their oponnent will equilize later, may b win the game...

on the other hand this rule is good he concieved goal first.......coz they still had chance.............

so i think new one is fair enough
Old June 25, 2004, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

R u sure about the rule though..?..I thought I heard the commentator of the Portugal v England match say last night that whoever scores in the first period of extra time wins it right there….The silver goal rule only comes into play in the second period of extra time where the one to lead wins…!...well..I may be wrong…Please look into it…Thank you..
Old June 25, 2004, 01:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Hey sorry…I got it…..u were right…nice ‘n clear..thanx….
“”Under the 'silver goal' ruling, if matches end in a draw after 90 minutes, a first 15 minutes of extra time will be played. If one team is in the lead at the end of the 15 minutes, they will be declared the winners of the match.
If the two teams are still level after 15 minutes of extra time, a second 15-minute period will be played. If the result remains deadlocked at the end of the second period of extra time, a penalty shoot-out will determine the winners.””
Old June 25, 2004, 11:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

anyway they are getting rid of the silver goal and going back to old fashion extra time then penalties after this tournament.
Old June 25, 2004, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yeah i think that's more logical
Old June 26, 2004, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

ji asif bhai,
i also think that that is more logical. dannabad.
Old June 26, 2004, 10:35 AM
Cricket Legend

I was never a fan of gold/silver/bronze/aluminium goals to begin with. These players get paid heck of a lot of money. Make them play to the full extent. We fans deserve more football. The old rule is much better. Even if you score in ET, the other team should have a chance to come back.
Old July 15, 2004, 12:29 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
I was never a fan of gold/silver/bronze/aluminium goals to begin with. These players get paid heck of a lot of money. Make them play to the full extent. We fans deserve more football. The old rule is much better. Even if you score in ET, the other team should have a chance to come back.
Do you mean to say we should do away with penalties tooo?,....so that these players play or whatever....the sil golden goal rule is applied when theres tie i.e. both teams are equal....subject them to a stress test .....whoever performs better under stress wins...so the rules are perfect i think ,.......Ki bole