facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old April 18, 2014, 09:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

What a game! What a battle! What a win for the Detroit Red Wings Alhamdulillah!

-Period 1: We were lucky to have survived these minutes unscathed. The Bruins dominated every minute of which with their hammering, heavy game. Respect. We're lucky to have one Jimmy Howard between the pipes.

-Period 2: We came back with speed and vengeance as their confidence began to erode as fast as our kids skate. They can't handle the truth known in Detroit as Darren Helm. They're lucky that there's a team of arrogant and clueless morons who traded Rask for a 12th place finish in the conference

-Period 3: More Howard and Rask as vicious blows were exchanged. What defensive work from Glendening, DeKeyser, Abdel Kader, Legwand and Miller, all Michiganders. Sadly for them Bs, one Pavel Datsyuk, even at 75%, serves us with his magic wand. 1-0 Motor City. The number 8 seed takes a 1-0 lead in the series in the building of the Prez Trophy winners.

This will be a legendary series!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 19, 2014 at 07:49 AM..

Old April 18, 2014, 09:32 PM
Cricket Savant

1-0 Dallas! Show 'em what you've got cowboys. I have them upsetting the Disneylanders.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 18, 2014, 10:55 PM
Cricket Savant

2-1 Disney after 2 thanks to solo efforts from Getzlaf and Perry.
Old April 18, 2014, 11:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Babcock after the win:-

Quote:
It's one thing to know you're good enough. It's another thing to prove you're good enough.
I wonder which team he has in mind ...

Malik:-

Quote:
The Detroit Red Wings did what they tend to do during playoff games. They struggled on the power play (and oh yes, there was an even-up), they battled like mad to play inefficient hockey--firing 24 shots ON Tuuka Rask and another 30 attempts wide/blocked--they freaked the fan base out with frantic defensive mistakes and baffling over-complicating things to the extreme...
Malik is ubercritical and for once, I disagree with him here. The wings battled thoroughly throughout even during the Bs' first period domination, pressuring their defense all night. It's the highest compete level I've seen them display all year. Yes, they made some errors, but so did Boston. The wings looked quick, and very focused. If they can play this way all series it will be a very difficult out for the Bruins.

Harrison Mooney on Datsyuk's goal. Filthy magic at its best:-

Quote:

So much beauty here, and it begins at the moment that Datsyuk corrals this puck. The play begins with a truly terrible pass from Johan Franzen, who tries to flip it to Datsyuk to start the breakout and winds up losing it in traffic.

But no matter. Already dashing through the neutral zone like a one horse open sleigh, Datsyuk reaches back behind him and snags the puck, dragging it between all three Bruins' forwards, then slingshotting it through his legs and up to his stick. He does all this at full speed.

From there, he rocks into the Bruins' end, pulling the puck away from a Zdeno Chara pokecheck attempt before dancing across the zone and shooting it through a Justin Abdelkader screen and past Rask.

Just an unbelievable play, and one of the reasons you shouldn't count the Red Wings out of this series. They may not have Boston's record, and they may not have Boston's depth, but as long as they have Pavel Datsyuk, they're a scary team.
Could not have said it better myself.

Last edited by Sohel; April 19, 2014 at 06:48 AM..
Old April 19, 2014, 06:30 AM
Cricket Savant

You respect teams that know how to win with what they have and honestly, I always respected the Bruins from afar. Now that we're in the same conference, I find some of their attitude utterly devoid of class. Something I expect from the thugs of Philly or the BJs but not from a club that has won the Cup on the backs of one Tim Thomas and then-unheralded players who always give their 100% executing Julien's formidable structure.

Have a look at this disgusting attempt to minimize Lucic's dirty attempt to emasculate a young Danny DeKeyser who owned his Neanderthal @$$ the whole game. Here's the incident and some PhDouche named Fagerberg's faggotry on it:-

Quote:

Granted, it wasn't fair for Looch to mortgage DeKeyser's future kids to gain the mental edge but, especially when you're playing a team as composed and systemic as Detroit, getting in the other team's head is a game-changing intangible.

Goading. Antagonization. Retaliation. These are all aspects of the game that get amplified when you're playing the same guys night in and night out. Call it cheap. Call it troglodyte gutter politics, but the fact is that, when you're in the hunt, tempers run hot, and there's no such thing as a short memory.

LINK
WTF??? Here's Julien's cop-out comment:-

Quote:
"Respect is a word you use because the other team is a good team and they’re in the playoffs, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what goes on on the ice. Once the puck is dropped, you play the game, and that’s what both teams intended to do tonight,” Julien said. “I think both teams are out there trying to win a series here, so there’s no time to be holding hands out there and trying to make friends or trying to make enemies. It’s about going out there and playing for your team."

LINK
That's a cop-out. That's a cop-out by a coach who tolerates and encourages the Lucics and Brad Marchands of the world to play the way they do--without any respect for their opponent--and that's what separates Mike Babcock from Claude Julien.

Babcock's a grown-up when it comes to the concept that doing stupid, mean things to your opponents isn't simply "part of the game." Julien's team, for all its masterful play, doesn't get that.
Old April 19, 2014, 06:35 AM
Cricket Savant

The Stars better execute for all 3 periods in North Texas unless they wanna hit the golf course early. Gotta respect Getzlaf and Perry every second they're on the ice. That's how we beat them last year and Ruff had better take a look at how it's done.

Expecting the Pens to dominate the BJs tonight and take an insurmountable lead in the series. The Avs are too good for Minny, period. The New Yorkers will handle the other thugs without too much difficulty. Way too much team discipline and cohesion in front of the best goalie in the world. Not quite with the Blues. Another bruiser ahead with the possibility of either team coming out on top. The Hawks are more than capable of coming back from a 0-2 deficit even if the Blues hold at home.

Rooting for the Pens, Blues and the Avs.

Last edited by Sohel; April 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM..
Old April 19, 2014, 08:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Tremendous win ! Shut out at their home. Saw bits and pieces. Not surprised at Lucic shenanigans. He is a dirtball. Worse is that coward rat Marchand. He cheap shots all day then chirps at people and accuse them of diving ! Of course, they have the worst media in the world justifying every thing Bruins do, but will rail against somebody else if they dare to do anything questionable to Bruins. The same article you posted is getting a lot of play here, because one of the writer here has twitter war with that guy. So, he did an RT last night. The back and forth was hillarious. But, that is typical Boston. Always the victim. DeKeyser must have done soemthing to deserve it, just as Orpik deserved to be assaulted by Thornton because he refused to fight after the hit on Erricson. On the same note : When Neal kneed that rat Marchand ( even though he is rat ), Disco said to the media right away that Neal made no attempt to get out of the way. There was no spinning. I am not a fan of Disco the coach, but he is stand up human being. Also, Cooke was made to reform his game after the Savard incident. Boston will never own up to anything. There are always the victim. I have really grown to dislike them a lot. Philly is just crass ( media/fans ), but when it comes to whining and being blind to everything their own, Boston is peerless
Old April 19, 2014, 08:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Ducks are a tough team. Dallas played real well too. But, this Ducks team have so many good forwards. Now, Stars must win both games at home if they want to remain in the series. Bolts are done. Habs are a very cohesive unit. They have tremendous structure ( MT system is great ), speed and skill, great goalie. Very dangerous underrated team. Bishop went down at the worst possible time for them. But, I am not sure it would have mattered.

Anyway, Game 2 for us. I just want us to have a better showing than what they did in Game 1. Oh yes, and win the game.
Old April 19, 2014, 01:59 PM
Cricket Savant

"I do not know why I did it, it was in the heat of the moment. I am not that kind of player" said Milan Lucic after his THIRD spearing accident this year. RIGHT!

Last edited by Sohel; April 19, 2014 at 09:49 PM..
Old April 19, 2014, 09:45 PM
Cricket Savant

The Blues hold at home as TJ Oshie returns. What a thriller! I expect the same in Chicago no matter who wins. Lot of pressure on Chicago but they know how to handle it. The Red Wings fans know that only too well, having blown a 3-1 series lead against them last year.

Bobrovsky is keeping the BJs in the game as we go to the second OT. Jack Johnson's something else.
Old April 19, 2014, 09:48 PM
Cricket Savant

The BJs win in double OT after coming back in the game and killing a couple of penalties in OT. Bobrovsky stole this one.

The Avs and Minny are tied at 1.

Last edited by Sohel; April 20, 2014 at 08:24 AM..
Old April 19, 2014, 09:53 PM
Cricket Savant

The Avs just scored to take a 2-1 lead as MacKinnon and Landeskog combine. Great, not good, but *GREAT* players in the making. Some would argue MacKinnon already is. There must be something in the water in Crosby's hometown.

Last edited by Sohel; April 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM..
Old April 19, 2014, 10:09 PM
Cricket Savant

And they combine again to give the team from my former shoshur bari(s) a commanding 3-1 lead with more than 7 left in the 2nd. Can't forget Stasny's pivotal role in all this. What a fabulous line piling up playoff points!

Former Flyer Bryzgalov has always been mentally unstable, and will have a total meltdown after this game

Last edited by Sohel; April 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM..
Old April 19, 2014, 11:33 PM
Cricket Savant

MacKinnon looks to be the new Pavel Datsyuk in terms of pure offensive skills, if he stays healthy and continues this form. Maturity and vision lightyears beyond his age MashAllah. Nobody and I mean *NOBODY* has ever been this good at 18! Good effort from Minny throughout the 3rd but Varlamov was there. Suter's dumb penalty eliminated whatever remote chance Minny had for pushing this to OT. I don't think they're coming back from this. Avs in 5 max but it's safe to get the brooms out!

Now that we're in different conferences with no new bad blood between us, I'm pulling for them to take the West and make it to the SCF. It's nice to think of my hockey-crazed ex-wives and their families filled with joy. It would be nice for us to make it there too but I don't think that'll happen this year. Then again, one can always hope against the odds. I didn't think we were gonna it to the playoffs this year ...
Old April 20, 2014, 03:02 AM
Cricket Savant

The key to beating physical and structured teams like Boston has always been sticking to our own game. Namely the combination of paying attention to 2-way details, competing every second of every shift and staying hard on the puck, speed in all 3 zones, and playing whistle to whistle. Solid goaltending and a bit of luck will do the rest. We defend with our structure and score on the counterattack with superior speed after softening-up the opponent with nowadays short but intense stretches of puck-possession in their own zone.

We're not playing Boston's game but it would appear Boston's making some adjustments to speed up their game. That works well for us.

Here's a very good article from FSD:-

Quote:
Once again we have a team approaching the Wings as if they're a collection of figure skaters -- just lay some muscle on them and they'll wilt -- which has always been a recipe for disaster against the Red Wings.

When will the Wing' opponents understand that they choose not to engage in extra-curricular activities, especially after the whistle?

In between whistles, the Wings are as tough as anybody. They're relentless on the puck, and their keep-away philosophy frustrates the opposition. Expect the Wings to continue to be aggressive during Game 2 on Sunday in Boston -- fast and in possession of the puck -- but also expect them to shy away from any of the Bruins' tactics of intimidation.

"We want to play in between the whistles," Wings defenseman Brendan Smith said. "All that junk that happens after, there's no point of it. We wanted to stay very disciplined in that sense and just play our game, and use our speed and take advantage of it. It was a good win for us. Obviously, they're going to get way better. That's just how it is. We have to up our game and be ready for them."
Smith turned over the puck just once in the game, and lost possession a couple of more times trying to do too much after carrying the puck into their zone. Otherwise, well ...

Quote:
"I think we need to just maintain playing our game and not get off our game by getting into stuff after the whistle and that kind of thing," DeKeyser said. "If we're skating and making plays, that's when we're at our best, so we have to keep playing."
DeKeyser was error-free and handled their second line like a Norris candidate with a mediocre but somewhat inspired Quincey. Well said.

READ MORE
Old April 20, 2014, 07:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Pens got crushed in all depts. No fight, no grit in this team. They turn it over at will, they don't generate anything 5 on 5. Not only is coaching a big problem, but the roster is a huge problem, and it has been for a while. We get by in regular season. There is nothing to dissect but we got dominated in every facet of the game. To compound the issues, Disco refuses to bench Scuderi+Glass+Adams. Anyway, I am not too excited this year. In a sad way, I want a big change here, WIN or LOSE. Lots of big name players will have to go. They have become stale. THis team will not progress beyond this round ( surely will get swept next round if it goes that far ).
Old April 20, 2014, 07:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
"I do not know why I did it, it was in the heat of the moment. I am not that kind of player" said Milan Lucic after his THIRD spearing accident this year. RIGHT!
Dont forget he ran Ryan Miller when Miller came out of his crease to play a puck. He made no attempt to avoid him. Granted goalie was out of his crease, but he had only one thing in mind. Miller had a concussion. Of course, CJ defended him then too. Just imagine, if a winger did that to Rask ?
Old April 20, 2014, 10:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Pens got crushed in all depts. No fight, no grit in this team. They turn it over at will, they don't generate anything 5 on 5. Not only is coaching a big problem, but the roster is a huge problem, and it has been for a while. We get by in regular season. There is nothing to dissect but we got dominated in every facet of the game. To compound the issues, Disco refuses to bench Scuderi+Glass+Adams. Anyway, I am not too excited this year. In a sad way, I want a big change here, WIN or LOSE. Lots of big name players will have to go. They have become stale. THis team will not progress beyond this round ( surely will get swept next round if it goes that far ).
I feel you bro. Nothing short of winning the Cup will do. Babcock and the rest of the RWN wants the Cup but Kenny seems satisfied with the streak! We feel that Kenny hasn't done his part in giving Babcock the players he needs to do that. He has spent money on useless untradable players like Weiss, Tootoo, Cleary, Bert and what not whilst overpaying guys like Ericsson. Not a top 4 defenseman but being paid like one. Quincey is overpaid too for what he brings to the table. Number 5 and 6 defensemen at best. We need at least two more ahead of them. Kindl and Lashoff aren't good enough to play for a Cup winning team. And as valuable as Legwand has been, we seriously question trading an excellent prospect like Jarnkrok to get an older, and slower version of Andersson with no visible offensive upside. We need a big power forward screening the best goalies in the league, or a Holmstrom 2.0. Mantha is still a couple of years away from playing in the big leagues and Kenny let Hossa go. Franzen will never fulfill his true potential and become a 30+ goal scorer we've been waiting for him to be, but Kenny doesn't mind paying him as one. Can't have that elusive "breakout" season at this age. Sadly Ilitich Jr. loves him and there's no chance of their bromance ending anytime soon.

But one can always hope to be wrong
Old April 20, 2014, 11:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Hiring AV and acquiring St. Louis may take this Rangers team much farther than anyone is willing to talk about. Smartest moves since acquiring Messier.
Old April 20, 2014, 04:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Trailing 1-3 after 2. Came back well enough after being dominated in the first. Boy, did they ever hand it to us. Had it not been for Howard, we'd have been out of it already. Lucic's goal just when we were tilting the flow in our favor would be a deep mental hole to come out of in the third. Let's see how we respond.
Old April 20, 2014, 04:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Not responding well at all. Quincey's dumb penalty leads to Chara making it 4-1 Boston. This game is done and back to the drawing board and the Joe. At least we got the split. Now the challenge is not to give them one.
Old April 20, 2014, 04:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Actually we're playing really well after their fourth goal! Solid and confident D and creating chances. Sadly Rask is handling them all with frightening confidence. What a king of a goalie!
Old April 20, 2014, 04:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Schooled by Boston on how to play 60 minutes of hockey with Rask as your last line of defense. Humbling defeat and kudos to the Bruins.
Old April 21, 2014, 06:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Babcock's not happy at all about the way we performed and everyone should expect a much tighter game from us at the Joe. He thinks we were "ineffective and didn't execute" when we needed to and he's right. Howard made some great saves after giving away the first goal, but the initial damage was done for the rest of the first period once we took THREE effing penalties in the first 10 minutes and they scored another one. Funny how Howard talked about learning from Mrazek's superior puck handling ability as something he should "just go ahead and do without second guessing" and paid a steep price trying to mimic him. Legwand and Alfie were particularly ineffective as Franzen also looked somewhat complacent and lethargic. Not expected from him in the playoffs. Kindl and Lashoff looked like the non-elite D-men they are and Smith, after his weirdly **$$y non-fight with Chara, simply watched the menacing Giant bang-in their fourth one. Quincey also made some key mistakes at the wrong times. That third Bruins goal was the back breaker and took the hard-fought momentum away from us.

Here's what Babcock had to say before flying back to Detroit:-

Quote:
"I thought we were ineffective period, to tell you the truth," said the coach, whose team is 0 for 6 on the power play in the series. "I didn’t think we were very good. I thought they were better. I thought we were better than them in Game 1. I thought they were way better than us in Game 2. They were engaged, they won the battles. They were quick, we were slow. We didn’t execute."

"On the power play, I thought their penalty kill forecheck was good. On special teams, they won the faceoffs so they cleared it down. Our power play breakout failed to execute so we got no zone time. It was like an exercise in skating up and down the rink. We weren’t very good on specialty teams."

Despite that, the Red Wings had clawed back to 2-1 as the second period was drawing to an end before Milan Lucic struck at 18:16 to restore the two-goal edge.

"As poor as we were, I thought in the second period we got the game to right where we wanted it. It’s 2-1, going to be going into the third [period]. It’s a simple two-on-two cross play and we don’t execute on it and now we’re down, 3-1, and the game’s over. We weren’t very good here tonight."

LINK

Last edited by Sohel; April 21, 2014 at 09:20 AM..
Old April 21, 2014, 06:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Anyway, solid effort from Philly to keep themselves in the series after trailing 0-2 in the game. The Habs are on the verge of a sweep as are the Sharks. I see the Kings going down in 5 max if they manage to win one in LA. Huge game for the Pens tonight and an even bigger one for the Stars. Minny may beat the Avs tonight but I don't see them winning on Wednesday. Landeskog-MacKinnon-Stastny are simply too much for them to handle, and Duchene is skating again. Another battle ahead for the Blues and the Hawks. I just love playoff hockey and would be rooting hard for the Pen, Avs, Blues and the Stars.