facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 23, 2008, 02:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman

Everyone Wearing Green and Red Will Score Runs,
Technically since we wear white in the tests, does this mean no players will score any runs?! Haha.. sorry just bored at work..

Go Bangladesh.. Hope we win this time against a definitely better prepared NZ side.. Will be watching eagerly..

Old October 23, 2008, 05:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal
নাহ! ৫ম দিন খেলা গড়াবে না মিরপুরে, কিউই পাখিদের রোস্ট আগেই খাবো গরম গরম মাঠ থেকে!!
কেন নয়? আমি আগামীকাল ঢাকার বাইরে যাচ্ছি ২৮শে ফিরব। শেষ দিনে খেলা গড়ালে আমি ষ্টেডিয়ামে খেলা দেখতে যেতে পারতাম ! তার আগেই যদি বাংলাদেশ কাহিনী শেষ করে দেয় তাতেও আমার আনন্দ এতটকু কমবে না।

Last edited by auntu; October 23, 2008 at 06:33 AM..
Old October 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal
জয় হোক টাইগারদের।
ইচ্ছা আছে ঢাকা টেস্টের একদিন মাঠে যাবো!
:d
ভাইয়া অনেক ইচ্ছা ছিল ঢাকা টেস্ট এ মিরপুর যাবো, যেতে পারব না হয়ত। ৩১ তারিখ ভর্তি পরীক্ষা। সবাই দোয়া রাখবেন।
Old October 23, 2008, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

jitbo insallah...BC te temon aste parchi na..bt khela dekhte miss korbo na..
Old October 23, 2008, 10:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

NO excuse for me not to follow the game via cricinfo all night long. Yet, last test has mentally drained me too much. Hopefully will wake up to good news in the last day of play.

Good analysis by the NZ blok.

Best of luck to the BD team.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Is there any way to listen to the Bangladesh Betaar from Web?

THey are broadcasting the game live from Mirpur. (BDkhela)
Old October 23, 2008, 11:09 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Azharuddin

I think we can be proud of the Chittagong Test. I don't mind losing after showing the 'fight' that BD gave. Thats all we can ask for. However, I can't help but long for a Captain who will save or win us matches by sheer determination like Inzi/Ponting/Vettori.

A big worry is if the team is mentally sapped by the hard work in the Chittagong test. Then they won't be able to show the consistency in fighting in a 2nd consecutive test match.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Damn, I thought that it was starting tomorrow. Have to wait another day then.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
ভাইয়া অনেক ইচ্ছা ছিল ঢাকা টেস্ট এ মিরপুর যাবো, যেতে পারব না হয়ত। ৩১ তারিখ ভর্তি পরীক্ষা। সবাই দোয়া রাখবেন।
Inshallah, you will do good in your entrance exams mac bhai. don't worry too much and best of luck to you! all our prayers and good wish are with you!

go out to the exam rooms and be the mac daddy you are!
Old October 23, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
NO excuse for me not to follow the game via cricinfo all night long. Yet, last test has mentally drained me too much. Hopefully will wake up to good news in the last day of play.

Good analysis by the NZ blok.

Best of luck to the BD team.
I suffer from Insomnia because of them ... I'll get some sleep for the SA tour
Old October 23, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Follow Kumble!!
Don't follow Kumble. I just read Kumble wanted to be back in Kotla. India have to drop their young sensation Misra to accommodate him. Do a Naseer Hossain and retire yourself as better alternative is availble. If you can not do that, do as one Eng captain did (I should remember his name) who drop himself in an Ashes test because he thought he is not good enough to represent England let alone captaining them
Old October 23, 2008, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Ash trying hard to score some runs in the 2nd test as his back already touched the wall.
Old October 23, 2008, 12:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi

Ash trying hard to score some runs in the 2nd test as his back already touched the wall.
razi, who's that behind hash? tamim?

so sorry my dearest razi, i mistakingly wrote zia, my boss was caming towards me and i was rushing, trying not to get caught!

Last edited by bujhee kom; October 23, 2008 at 01:36 PM..
Old October 23, 2008, 12:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

after playing the GREAT test Against AUSTRALIA in FATULLAH....what happened to the second one? anyone remembers? it was ANOTHER GREAT INNINGS...but only from GILLEPSIE. being 11th Batsman scored 200 runs...

as history repeats itself ( repeats more for Bangladesh)...I hope this one never repeats!
Old October 23, 2008, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
zia, who's that behind hash? tamim?
Yes, this is Tamim.
Old October 23, 2008, 01:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Write history in your own way.
Let it be in a different way this time, Rabz

Their own way might be by an innings and 99 runs

Good luck BD
Old October 23, 2008, 01:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Yes, this is Tamim.
thank you my dearest razi, i mistakingly wrote zia's name as my boss was coming to talk to me and i was trying to hide BC from him!
Old October 23, 2008, 02:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

NZ's best is yet to come

Brendon McCullum has warned the hosts that New Zealand have yet to show their best in the tour although it is nearing its end.

The hard-hitting New Zealand wicketkeeper-batsman has had a very poor run during the one-day series against Bangladesh that the Black Caps came from behind to win 2-1 and also in the Test series that they lead 1-0.

Admitting his lack of form in the season, McCullum said during a practice session at the Sher-e-Bangla Mirpur Stadium yesterday that the second Test, which starts at the same venue tomorrow, could be the ideal stage for Daniel Vettori's side to flourish.

"We have played two one-days here and feel we are ready to go all out and win the Test series 2-0," the New Zealand vice-captain told adding that Mirpur has wickets where the batsmen could get runs if they showed patience.
Everyone was fearful of the master-blaster one-day opener, especially after his swashbuckling 80 off just 30 balls that throttled New Zealand to finish a chase in just six overs -- a one-day record -- against touring Bangladesh during the 2007-08 season.

But the Bangladesh attack has so far tamed his bat successfully. His one-day scores in the series were 14, 12 and six while his Test figures while batting in middle-order were 25 and two.

"Bangladesh's performance in the Chittagong Test was not unexpected to us because it was their home condition. The spinners dominated there but we made a comeback."

New Zealand chased a record second-innings total of 317 on foreign soil to snatch a three-wicket victory in the first Test in Chittagong from the jaws of defeat, thanks to Vettori's eight-wicket haul and a pair of half-centuries. However, they will be without their ODI series hero Jacob Oram, ruled out for the last Test due to injury.

"We have not done very well (so far) but our best is yet to come."

Only five local players, Tigers captain Mohammad Ashraful, Rajin Saleh, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal and star performer of the first Test Shakib Al Hassan, had optional batting practice in the afternoon but Bangladesh will return for a full session this morning.
For the full story read from the daily star.
Old October 23, 2008, 02:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I know it is little out of place but I beleive there is room for humor every where. This article featured in New Age.

Fun-loving umpire celebrates
birthday in style

Azad Majumder
Celebrating a birthday away from the home and family members is not very uncommon with the ICC’s elite panel of umpires and often they do it in quite humble manner without any buzz.
But that was not the case for Daryl Harper, one of the two umpires conducting the Bangladesh-New Zealand series, who turned 58 on Thursday and celebrated it amid pomp and grandeur.
Emirates Airline – an official partner of the ICC, which sponsors the elite panel of umpires and match referees, gave Harper a pleasant surprise when it hosted a party to celebrate his birthday at a city hotel on Thursday.
The party was also attended by Asoka de Silva, the other elite panel umpire involved in Bangladesh-New Zealand series. Neither Harper nor Asoka had any previous idea what was waiting for them inside the partly hall.
‘Frankly speaking, I can’t really remember when I last had my birthday party at home. Probably once in the last eight years,’ said Harper to the awaiting guest. ‘I am really surprised today, it was beyond my expectation.’
His joy was transmitted to Askoa and the duo had come out of their usual shell to give the attending guests an idea of their passion and love for the game and profession while talking in an informal session.
Harper happily explained to everyone about his strange business card that carried picture of a dog chasing him in the cricket field. Funnily enough, the business card begins with a slogan – every dog has his own day.
‘It was probably in 2003 when the dog attacked me during a Test match between Sri Lanka and England at Kandy. The picture was published in Sri Lankan newspaper next day, I got a lot of fun out of it,’ said Harper.
‘I didn’t have any business card until two years ago and decided to have one for myself only after seeing its frequent uses in the sub-continent. Everyone here offers me his card and in return wants one from me,’ he said.
‘Everybody has his best moment in career and the picture is a true example of it and that’s why I used it in my business card,’ said Harper, who was also full of fun when he described his relation with the players.
His relationship with Indian cricketer Irfan Pathan could best describe the Australian umpire’s sense of humour. ‘Every time I meet him, I ask “are you still single?” And he replies, ‘Is your daughter still single?’
‘This year I was officiating a one-day match between India and Australia in Commonwealth Bank series in Sydney. It happened to be my 150th ODI and my family were present at the stand.’
‘During the game I went to Irfan and said, “Look at the stand and see my girl waving her hand to you.” Irfan also waved his hand and they both had an eye-to-eye contact. They never got married, but the moment gave me a lot of pleasure.’
Harper looked jovial when he described how he met Bangladeshi umpire Enamul Haque. ‘Enamul met me and asked how he can be a
good umpire when I came here in 2000 to train the local umpires. Eight years on I found him as my colleague in the third one-day match between Bangladesh and New Zealand, which was so pleasing,’ said Harper.
The umpire, who will be standing in his 75th Test match in Dhaka from Saturday, also had a logical view over sledging which has now become an integral part of international cricket.
‘I can’t imagine a Test match with the opposing players not talking to each other. If it really happens, the match will be boring really. So we don’t stop them and interfere only if it gets overboard,’ said Harper.
Old October 23, 2008, 02:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

• Ash's back is against the wall, can you deliver this time, Ash? Tamim saying, "Ball chara bhaloy poze dichen, ustad!!"
Old October 23, 2008, 02:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Fun-loving umpire celebrates birthday in style
Thank you Zia bhai for this interesting article.
Old October 23, 2008, 03:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1) Umpire'der kisu "upodhoukon" dewa uchit.
2) cheetsheet on how the opponent may cheet.
3) A threat letter.
4) baggage lost if not complied.

Ei test'a jittey hobei. Oram bod nai. Player'ra ektu freely kheltey parbey.

Thanks for the articles guys. A pleasant read.
Old October 23, 2008, 05:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Here is an interesting piece on former NZ pacer Shane Bond. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/c...ry/375065.html
Old October 24, 2008, 01:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

haha...
good one Zia, on the Ash batting comment.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 24, 2008, 04:29 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

This test will be a complete joke....

100% chance of rain on sunday
90% on Monday
70% on Tuesday