facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 19, 2017, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I was the first Shahadat fan (well not very first, but you know)...then I was probably the third Taskin fan after (tanvir and Nadim).

Dhaka Express to Mohammadpur Express...now I have boarded the Sylhet Express and am waiting to board at Kulaura station.
Can I hear you say it, just type it out "I have given up on Taskin Ahmed"

Then the christening will be complete

Old October 19, 2017, 06:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Can I hear you say it, just type it out "I have given up on Taskin Ahmed"

Then the christening will be complete
I wont say that, but lets see.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 19, 2017, 06:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I wont say that, but lets see.
AF holding onto that little glimmer of hope, at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait till overhyped Taskin meets his fate. Rubbish Shahadat Esque bowler.
Old October 19, 2017, 06:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
AF holding onto that little glimmer of hope, at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait till overhyped Taskin meets his fate. Rubbish Shahadat Esque bowler.
Shahadat had performances in tests, but Taskin has had equal performances in ODIs. Getting guys like Kohli for single digits in a chase on a 300 pitch is an achievement. Getting Williamson out cheaply on multiple occaisions in NZ is also not something any tom dick or harry seamer can do.

On top of that hes still Bangladesh's fastest bowler (after the Fizz).

But I would like to see Ebadat in the next Test series or even Yasir Arafat Mishu.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 19, 2017, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shahadat had performances in tests, but Taskin has had equal performances in ODIs. Getting guys like Kohli for single digits in a chase on a 300 pitch is an achievement. Getting Williamson out cheaply on multiple occaisions in NZ is also not something any tom dick or harry seamer can do.

On top of that hes still Bangladesh's fastest bowler (after the Fizz).

But I would like to see Ebadat in the next Test series or even Yasir Arafat Mishu.
Incorrect that would be Rubel Hossain.

Source:Rubel is known as the fastest bowler in Bangladesh cricket history.[citation needed] He bowled 149.5  km/h in a warm-up game in 2009 ICC World Twenty20. He also bowled at 148  km/h vs Sri Lanka in 2015 Cricket World Cup. Rubel's best ODI figure is 6/26 vs New Zealand, where he also took a hattrick. Rubel Hossain consistently bowled around 145 km/h in the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
Old October 19, 2017, 11:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

What attributes does yasir arafat mishu have? Why should he be fast tracked?

Do we have any footage of him?
Old October 20, 2017, 02:09 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

let AF swim in Koolaid
No one else without 3 quarters of a Jack Daniels would rate Taskin this highly.

The kid is overrated, oversmart, overhyped... and I am over and out on him and by the looks of this thread, everyone else is too
Old October 20, 2017, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
let AF swim in Koolaid

The kid is overrated, oversmart, overhyped... and I am over and out on him and by the looks of this thread, everyone else is too
He has no brain in the first place, how can he be oversmart???
Old October 20, 2017, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

Height, I guess 6ft 1 inch, mediocre FC bowling, eco is 4.46
Old October 20, 2017, 03:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Incorrect that would be Rubel Hossain.

Source:Rubel is known as the fastest bowler in Bangladesh cricket history.[citation needed] He bowled 149.5  km/h in a warm-up game in 2009 ICC World Twenty20. He also bowled at 148  km/h vs Sri Lanka in 2015 Cricket World Cup. Rubel's best ODI figure is 6/26 vs New Zealand, where he also took a hattrick. Rubel Hossain consistently bowled around 145 km/h in the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
Average pace. Right now Fizz average top speed is higher than Taskin and Rubel. Clocked 145 in the first Test (might be a gun error).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 20, 2017, 03:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Only one attribute needed:

Name doesnt start with Tas and doeznt end with in. Means he should not be out of the squad.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 20, 2017, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
let AF swim in Koolaid

Fake post.

Without Taskin England had a great chance to make WC quarters and knock BD out. Taskin got all the key wickets and if Tamim held that catch Rubel wouldn't have the chance to even be a hero. Full credit to Rubel btw.

Without Taskin's breakthroughs (plural), Fizz wouldnt have the chance to grab that debut fiver and beat India.

That being said he has bowled trash the last several games and should be dropped. But past doesnt magically disappear due to the present.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 20, 2017, 04:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Taskin, fizz, rubel, all of them r utter rubbish and none of them r good enough to play for any other half decent side. The only reason they r getting a long rope is because of the fact that currently we don't have any decent pacer playing in our domestic.

The ones who r performing decently in domestics ie shafiul or Roy r even worse. I don't know whether I should say it but the fact is fizz and taskin along with Roy and Shafiul aren't good enough to even play for many Ranji teams let alone playing for the national team.
Old October 20, 2017, 04:32 PM
Test Cricketer

One more thing. These bowlers shouldn't have been hyped up so much in the first place. Taskin started decently against India because he bowled on some extremely bowling friendly pitches against India.

Even a terrible bowler like stuart binny took wickets for fun in that series between Bangladesh and India. Truth is taskin has always been a rubbish bowler with his wayward line and length.

As far as fizz's deterioration is concerned, well, it was always on the cards. He got success because he had an unique bowling action, nothing else. As soon as his secret code got cracked by the batters he became another useless trundler from Bangladesh. I knew this would happen.
Old October 20, 2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
One more thing. These bowlers shouldn't have been hyped up so much in the first place. Taskin started decently against India because he bowled on some extremely bowling friendly pitches against India.

Even a terrible bowler like stuart binny took wickets for fun in that series between Bangladesh and India. Truth is taskin has always been a rubbish bowler with his wayward line and length.

As far as fizz's deterioration is concerned, well, it was always on the cards. He got success because he had an unique bowling action, nothing else. As soon as his secret code got cracked by the batters he became another useless trundler from Bangladesh. I knew this would happen.
Another proof that tells your story...
Old October 20, 2017, 05:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Only one attribute needed:

Name doesnt start with Tas and doeznt end with in. Means he should not be out of the squad.
I was serious, I want to know a bit about the kid.
Old October 20, 2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Fake post.

Without Taskin England had a great chance to make WC quarters and knock BD out. Taskin got all the key wickets and if Tamim held that catch Rubel wouldn't have the chance to even be a hero. Full credit to Rubel btw.

Without Taskin's breakthroughs (plural), Fizz wouldnt have the chance to grab that debut fiver and beat India.

That being said he has bowled trash the last several games and should be dropped. But past doesnt magically disappear due to the present.
Taskin got all the key wickets.. right
Mash got Hales, Root
Rubel got Bell, Morgan
Taskin got Taylor and Buttler

And Taskin got all the key wickets. Ok man! I forgot Hales, Root, Bell and Morgan are bowlers

And saying that Fizz's fifer happened due to Taskin is possibly the worst argument you couldve given to defend him. No one is trying to magically disappear his past. He can cherish those single handed legendary performances in Instagram as "Throwback Thursdays" but the fact that once hyped to be the all time best seamer in the making isnt happening in this lifetime. Infact he should consider himself lucky to be in the side with performance curve going downward and his brain lost in a black hole.
Old October 21, 2017, 01:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Taskin got all the key wickets.. right
Mash got Hales, Root
Rubel got Bell, Morgan
Taskin got Taylor and Buttler

And Taskin got all the key wickets. Ok man! I forgot Hales, Root, Bell and Morgan are bowlers

And saying that Fizz's fifer happened due to Taskin is possibly the worst argument you couldve given to defend him. No one is trying to magically disappear his past. He can cherish those single handed legendary performances in Instagram as "Throwback Thursdays" but the fact that once hyped to be the all time best seamer in the making isnt happening in this lifetime. Infact he should consider himself lucky to be in the side with performance curve going downward and his brain lost in a black hole.
Context of the match dude. Buttler was the top scorer of the innings. And Taskin, along with Mash and Rubel picked up wickets in the key middle overs where teams cruise...especially on a subpar score of 275. Then you also have the wicket of Woakes who could have won that game...he was dropped off Tamim in a dolly that even Tamim's daughter would catch, and she hasnt even been conceived yet.

Similar thing happened in 2016 game at Mirpur...Taskin had the wickets.

But I would like to ask you about bowlers name Kane and Kohli. Surely those tailender wickets ought to count.

I meant to say Taskin's wickets set up Fizz's five fer. Fizz is a class bowler he took fivers without Taskins help. Just pointing out the obvious.

But Taskin career averages are pretty good...plus strike rate. His form has only recently fallen away.

Why not apply the Al Amin theory especially since AA relies on pure luck and fielders taking blinders for his wickets. 80% of all AA wickets are due to batsmen slogging at the death.

Fake posting is the fad these days and history is constantly revised. Just seems like there is no upper limit to it.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 21, 2017, 01:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I was serious, I want to know a bit about the kid.
His last name doesnt start with Ah or end in med.

Jokes aside, Seriously then, according to 2017 standards you already know all there is to know. Lol.

We are 5-6 years removed from requiring alternative info.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 21, 2017, 01:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse

Fizz action is somewhat similar to Amir's. I guess Bumrah should deteriote immediately given that his action right up there as the weirdest action of all time, right?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 21, 2017, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Context of the match dude. Buttler was the top scorer of the innings. And Taskin, along with Mash and Rubel picked up wickets in the key middle overs where teams cruise...especially on a subpar score of 275. Then you also have the wicket of Woakes who could have won that game...he was dropped off Tamim in a dolly that even Tamim's daughter would catch, and she hasnt even been conceived yet.

Similar thing happened in 2016 game at Mirpur...Taskin had the wickets.

But I would like to ask you about bowlers name Kane and Kohli. Surely those tailender wickets ought to count.

I meant to say Taskin's wickets set up Fizz's five fer. Fizz is a class bowler he took fivers without Taskins help. Just pointing out the obvious.

But Taskin career averages are pretty good...plus strike rate. His form has only recently fallen away.

Why not apply the Al Amin theory especially since AA relies on pure luck and fielders taking blinders for his wickets. 80% of all AA wickets are due to batsmen slogging at the death.

Fake posting is the fad these days and history is constantly revised. Just seems like there is no upper limit to it.
I never said Taskin got wickets by luck or his wickets were unimportant. I said he is overrated. Its you who decided to go over each of his wicket from 2 years ago to justify otherwise. You dont have to agree with me. You can live in your own bubble where Taskin Ahmed is an amazing bowler who took the worlds best wickets. I wont hunt you down for doing so! But man, being a knowledgeable poster you are, I expected better then the examples from the past you gave.

You really wanna talk about career stats?

Taskin Ahmed Tests- Avg=97.42, Econ=4.21, ODI: Avg 31.04, Econ=5.84
Rubel Hossain Tests- Avg=79.00, Econ=3.94, ODI: Avg 34:76, Econ=5.67
Mash Mortaza Tests- Avg=41.52, Econ= 3.24,ODI: Avg 31.11, Econ= 4.77

And these are players that played significantly more then he did and still has better stats for the most part!

Someone like Roy who played the same of tests as Taskin, has MUCH better stats then Taskin has.

So when I said, Taskin Ahmed is overhyped, Overrated... I guess the stats show that too no?

Al Amin Hossain, right!

AA's ODI stats

Game no. 14, wicket at 34th over
Game no. 13, wicket at 34th and 36th
Game no. 12, wicket at 15th over
Game no. 11, wicket at 29th over
Game no. 10, didnt get a wicket
Game no. 9, wicket at 5th, 48th, 50th over
Game no. 8, wicket at 2nd, 40th over
Game no. 7, wicket at 10th, 12th, 14th and 38th over
Game no. 6, wicket at 6th and 10th over
Game no. 5, wicket at 18th over
Game no. 4, didnt get a wicket
Game no. 3, wicket at 1st and 3rd over
Game no. 2, didnt get a wicket
Game no. 1, wicket at 11th over

and according to AF Guru, "80% of all AA wickets are due to batsmen slogging at the death"

Case closed....

And whatever "fake posting" means to you!
Old October 21, 2017, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I never said Taskin got wickets by luck or his wickets were unimportant. I said he is overrated. Its you who decided to go over each of his wicket from 2 years ago to justify otherwise. You dont have to agree with me. You can live in your own bubble where Taskin Ahmed is an amazing bowler who took the worlds best wickets. I wont hunt you down for doing so! But man, being a knowledgeable poster you are, I expected better then the examples from the past you gave.

You really wanna talk about career stats?

Taskin Ahmed Tests- Avg=97.42, Econ=4.21, ODI: Avg 31.04, Econ=5.84
Rubel Hossain Tests- Avg=79.00, Econ=3.94, ODI: Avg 34:76, Econ=5.67
Mash Mortaza Tests- Avg=41.52, Econ= 3.24,ODI: Avg 31.11, Econ= 4.77

And these are players that played significantly more then he did and still has better stats for the most part!

Someone like Roy who played the same of tests as Taskin, has MUCH better stats then Taskin has.

So when I said, Taskin Ahmed is overhyped, Overrated... I guess the stats show that too no?

Al Amin Hossain, right!

AA's ODI stats

Game no. 14, wicket at 34th over
Game no. 13, wicket at 34th and 36th
Game no. 12, wicket at 15th over
Game no. 11, wicket at 29th over
Game no. 10, didnt get a wicket
Game no. 9, wicket at 5th, 48th, 50th over
Game no. 8, wicket at 2nd, 40th over
Game no. 7, wicket at 10th, 12th, 14th and 38th over
Game no. 6, wicket at 6th and 10th over
Game no. 5, wicket at 18th over
Game no. 4, didnt get a wicket
Game no. 3, wicket at 1st and 3rd over
Game no. 2, didnt get a wicket
Game no. 1, wicket at 11th over

and according to AF Guru, "80% of all AA wickets are due to batsmen slogging at the death"

Case closed....

And whatever "fake posting" means to you!
Quote:
Fizz action is somewhat similar to Amir's. I guess Bumrah should deteriote immediately given that his action right up there as the weirdest action of all time, right?

So....which one of you are gonna retire from BC this time.

Old October 21, 2017, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Chris Mpofu and Kyle Jarvis>Taskin Ahmed
Old October 21, 2017, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Al-Amin ?
Zia?
Robiul?
Shahid ?
Old October 21, 2017, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

I still feel this kid has the attributes to do well. He needs proper direction. These guys are not mature enough to prioritize what is important and what is not. Not thinking, not working hard, and not fearing for his spot in the team. You need to spoon feed everything to the likes of him.

He's been a major let down no doubt, but still a 22 year old kid. Not over yet-of course thats up to him.