facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 28, 2008, 09:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
Man dont even remind me of SRILANKA....the amount of *** whopping we are going to face with those are will make me cry till I am deaf. BD is toast, with no jam or jelly on top.
Zimbabwe had SL 7 down for 116. Now they are 135/7 thanks to Mubarak.

If they can get this close, BD can do better!

Old November 28, 2008, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Yes, I know, we will comeback next time with our latest "comeback".

We have had more resurrections than Frank Sinatra had farewells.

From an elitist point of view, "It's the background , stupid."

For many of the players [ probably all of them ] things are going great ! They are earning several tens of multiples compared to what they would earn otherwise.

So, they are not too bothered with the latest smacking. They are having the final laugh !!

I saw most of the match [ from recordings ]. Sakib, Junaid and Mushfique were pluses. Mahbubul and Rokibul , probably good prospects. Rokibul, we knew that already.

Tamim neutral.

The rest have fallen backwards. It's one thing not having the ability. But not having the intelligence to marshall your limited ability is a greater problem.
Old November 28, 2008, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

courses niye super busy dekhe couldnt follow this test, but after the 250 in the first innings, i thought there will be sth for the 4th day.....

131 is becoming synoymous to Bangladesh, the score line between 131-139 should be named a Bangladesh score from now on.....
Old November 28, 2008, 09:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful and Shane Warne
Default Eight years of playing the wrong shots and yet still no reform

I have observed Bangladesh play eight years of international cricket. And in that eight years I have witnessed a lot of change in myself, e.g. wrinkles on my skin, hairs whitening and etc. In addition to that I deliberately had to make some reform in myself to make room for some of the changes in myself.

Disappointedly, one thing I cannot understand is that in those eight years, players of Bangladesh team have not considered even changing their mentality towards a match by a single degree. Thus, I have yet witnessed our players go for the shots that they simply don't need to do anything other than to leave it.
Old November 28, 2008, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

MY PLEA....

Am sure if all of us were that passionate about BD then we would arrange a protest IN BD and Flood BCB with Anger mails for the sacking of the current loser management.
I don't have connection or contacts but i know PPL here in BC got contacts in BD and BCB.
That's the problem we just moan but don't do anything..look at other teams supporters specialy INDIA..remember their FAN reaction in INDIA When they lost to us and went out of the world cup? it's shame we just talk do this do that.. these ****** are making a mockery of our country and having it easy. PLAYERS And the managemant. unless we do something like i always said From the very first day when i came in to BC ..then nothings gona change.
We will be humiliated tour after tour.
am sorry this is my frustration.
I remember when i first came here i got banned for 3days for critising since then i don't do it here that much that i ought to do.
But c'mon who wouldn't criticise at this disgrace performence .I could understand if its like 2-3 tours but its every god damn tour and nothing improves ..infact i think we going more backwards compared to other lesser team eg. IRELAND.
Am FED UP!! plz my request to the ppl who got contacts here in BC plz stand up and do something plz don't let our country go down the drain..don't tears come down your eyes?? when you see these lot making a disgrace of our country?? how low we gona go?? plz if you can do something about the state of our cricket then plz stand up and send a msg to the BCB that we had enough of this crap!!
no point in just writting articles on one in a blue fluke wins/perfomence.
look at the future we are a laughing stock in the cricket world.
Don't you feel sad ? don't you?? don't your heart bleed when the commentators take the p1ss out of us?
MY PLEA TO PPL in BC If you love your country then stand up!! get rid of these morons in BCB and lets take our country and cricket BACK!!
Old November 28, 2008, 10:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful and Shane Warne
Default Final thought on Ashraful

I strongly believe that Mohammed Ashraful should give a serious consideration to his position. He should consider whether he should relinquish the position of captaincy or keep it.

Before Ashraful took the role of captaincy, his performance was not bad, but more or less it was consistent. Since he took over as the skipper, he undermined his own potentials and consequently his performance has been totally doomed.
Old November 28, 2008, 10:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

wow.. Embarassing!
We NEED to start playing test with smaller teams (like Ireland, Scottland, Zimbu)
Old November 28, 2008, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
wow.. Embarassing!
We NEED to start playing test with smaller teams (like Ireland, Scottland, Zimbu)
How can you play test with teams who don't have test status?
Old November 28, 2008, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I think without our captain we will play better cricket. He is the best batsman of our team but he is not helping the team in any way.
Old November 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

We always find ways to embarass ourselves. After some poor batting we took a further dip by some stupid and nonsense running between the wicket. Overall very poor cricket from Bangladesh.

This type of cricket won't help anyone in world cricket.
Old November 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

sigh
Old November 28, 2008, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

তিনটা রান আউট কোন মানে হয়!
Old November 28, 2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
wow.. Embarassing!
We are not similar to Ireland, Scotland or Zimbabwe, we are much better than them, the problem is, we are the only one at our level, either we thrash the opponent, or get thrashed.
Old November 28, 2008, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

I seriously think we should suspend our Test status for a couple of years. This is just embarassing not only for us but for the game of cricket as well.
Old November 28, 2008, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
We are not similar to Ireland, Scotland or Zimbabwe, we are much better than them, the problem is, we are the only one at our level, either we thrash the opponent, or get thrashed.
I have not followed Scotland team lately, but I believe Ireland and Zimbabwe are strong enough to beat our team in their own turfs.
Old November 28, 2008, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
I seriously think we should suspend our Test status for a couple of years. This is just embarassing not only for us but for the game of cricket as well.
And we will start from zero again.
Old November 28, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Not necessarily. Over last 8 years, we have developed a talented bunch. However, in Test cricket talent alone is simply not enough. Those youngsters first need a good foundation course in longer version cricket through FC matches. Since we have not managed to establish a decent FC tournament in Bangladesh yet, BCB needs to send the team to participate in tournaments like Duleep Trophy (India), Pentagular Cup (Pakistan), and Provincial Trophy (Sri Lanka). Those tournaments are short, BCB can easily schedule ODI series in between so that cash flow from international cricket does not stop. During the Asian off season, we can send the team to play against English counties, Zimbabwe, and Ireland on their own turfs.

We can also invite A-teams from other countries to visit Bangladesh on regular basis. Cricket boards of other countries should know very well what kind of challenge our team can provide on home turfs, so it should not be hard to interest them to send their A-teams to Bangladesh frequently.

Last edited by Eshen; November 28, 2008 at 12:45 PM..
Old November 28, 2008, 12:38 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

After yet years, I still get embarrased. Like my nationa team, I haven't learned in eight years. My lesson should be - learn to Suppress shame. The teams lesson should be on - FEEL some shame, something, ANYTHING.

My first reaction after looking at the 13 all out was - I am going to puke.
Old November 28, 2008, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

let dhaka warriors take over the national team position. i see a much better performance.
Old November 28, 2008, 01:25 PM
Cricket Savant

okay i am back...here's wat i was bickering about CholCholBD and crickfreak....

first and foremost, i am all for taking constructive criticism like a man... but when a schmuck reporter in Cricinfo uses namecalling like "stupid bangladeshi-s" and "idiotic" etcetera it goes on to show their level of professionalism and big-brother-we-indians-(assuming)-are-better-than-thou" attitude....

that needs to be stopped. treating us like garbage by calling names is what makes it so personal.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 28, 2008, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

At least we'll beat sri lanka by -48 and -innings runs!
Old November 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Not necessarily. Over last 8 years, we have developed a talented bunch. However, in Test cricket talent alone is simply not enough. Those youngsters first need a good foundation course in longer version cricket through FC matches. Since we have not managed to establish a decent FC tournament in Bangladesh yet, BCB needs to send the team to participate in tournaments like Duleep Trophy (India), Pentagular Cup (Pakistan), and Provincial Trophy (Sri Lanka). Those tournaments are short, BCB can easily schedule ODI series in between so that cash flow from international cricket does not stop. During the Asian off season, we can send the team to play against English counties, Zimbabwe, and Ireland on their own turfs.

We can also invite A-teams from other countries to visit Bangladesh on regular basis. Cricket boards of other countries should know very well what kind of challenge our team can provide on home turfs, so it should not be hard to interest them to send their A-teams to Bangladesh frequently.
I am afraid that you are wrong. We cannot even take our need to progress seriously with test status, and expecting evolution via alternative means, is simply wishful thinking.

The basic problem with our nation is the lack of motivation. Then comes application.

We have been given a platter full of the King's food, and we still choke on it.

When I was struggling with my PHD, my Professor had said, so...you have a job offer. Accept it, and begin work, and fly back in during the weekends to finish it up.
I thought, I can't even make progress working on it day in and out, and you expect me to...

Your proposals are just things people use to fill in blank sheets, for Bangladesh. They have no material value beyond the sense of objective. In Bangladesh, no one will even care once we are deprived of test status.

Oh yes, did we also notice, we have no shame either.

Why was Tamim playing w/o knowing where the ball could go. You just cannot even play one such shot.

Zunaid is a tall lad, and what good did that do? He followed the ball like a soccer goal tender ready to punch the ball over the bar.

Old November 28, 2008, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru

I don't think lack of seriousness is the problem with Bangladesh cricket, the problem is the lack of a proper approach to develop a team. Bangladeshis in general tend to take shortcuts to success and think very little about long term goals. We are seeing the reflection of this tendency in cricket where our fans, media, and cricket administrators are pushing our young cricketers in top level of cricket without doing ground works first.
Old November 28, 2008, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
And how exactly are we improving now?

I think our batsmen have pretty much figured Steyn out in the second Test. But does that mean that they will be able to play Steyn in the same way next time? No, because we don't play SA for atleast 2 more years and by the time they face Steyn again it is most like that they will look as clueless as they were in the first Test against him. Because two 3-day matches against him does not provide you enough experience!

But if we send a team to England, Australia or South Africa where each domestic team has a 140+ bowler they will be playing proper pace in atleast 10 FC matches and they will get used to it and they will have enough time to remember the lessons and apply it in the future.

Sometimes for your own benefit you have put your emotions behind you and think practically. These huge defeats is not doing us any favours rather it has made us and Test cricket a laughing stock.
Old November 28, 2008, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
really?? that is awesome!!
Actually he was always out against AUS. I was looking at the wrong column.

BTW, poor RBW in middle order caused us an innings. Bowling from RSA was not a problem really. The athletico became the demon this time.