facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 13, 2017, 03:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Banning was much harsher 5 or so years ago. If you said something and the elders didn't like it, you got banned. Your posts would also get deleted and you weren't informed why.
Many popular members who had thousands of posts were perma-banned and lot of people as a consequence stopped coming here. This is the reason why the forum is so inactive.

These days, it only gets active during matches. At other times, it seems it's just Zeeshan opening threads one after another ;D

Old January 13, 2017, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I've had my fair share of issues with the mods in the past. I have been a BC staff member too in the past, and got many warnings for any comments that was not deemed appropriate. I did stop visiting BC for that reason at the time...but I see that there's a bigger issue. It's Bangladeshis in general. Go to cricinfo and read up all the comments. BD team duita series jitse in bangladesh, ei futanir chotey our fans lose their minds and troll other sites. Problem is, this profile of users exist on BC as well. And then, add the over-policing practices of our deshi culture to the mix. Our culture instills this in our belief...we're taught to police everything. Ke ki bollo, oitar onno meaning ghuray pechay we make a mountain out of a molehill.
Once upon a time, possibly a decade back, our Forget Cricket secton was the forum I came whenever a world event happened, the discussions were passionate yet informative and some members would cross a line that would have been ban-worthy a few years later ....

Anyways, balance is hard to maintain, and I respect the moderators wish to avoid a Cricinfo type forum ...

But that is one reason I do not come to this forum that much.

For a period of a few years in the noughties, I never had to log in, because I visited BC so frequently that I was logged in , permanently.
So when few months back, I had to type banglacricket (as it was no longer coming via auto type), and had to log in (using the same password I set 13 years back as a sophomore in UT), I felt a weird sense of pain.

It was like having to register yourself at the reception security with an ID when visiting your best ever friend's apartment after a few years gap ....
Old January 13, 2017, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

After my ban, I toned down a lot. Just avoided being controversial. I can still enjoy the forum, but at the time it was very frustrating.
Old January 14, 2017, 07:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
After my ban, I toned down a lot. Just avoided being controversial. I can still enjoy the forum, but at the time it was very frustrating.
If you find particular members cuaisng your blood pressure to go up, simply add them to your Ignore list
Old January 15, 2017, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
If you find particular members cuaisng your blood pressure to go up, simply add them to your Ignore list
No I wouldnt start arguments with members, I think I just said controversial things and complained against mod actions. I cant really remember exactly.
Old January 21, 2017, 02:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Malinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
If you find particular members causing your blood pressure to go up, simply add them to your Ignore list
That's what exactly I do when someone irritates me on forum with bad comments. But what about PM messages? Is the ignored listed person cannot send you messages in private also? I don't think so because of the persons was able to message me even after I put him in ignored list.
Old January 21, 2017, 04:09 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtachetna
That's what exactly I do when someone irritates me on forum with bad comments. But what about PM messages? Is the ignored listed person cannot send you messages in private also? I don't think so because of the persons was able to message me even after I put him in ignored list.
you can report the pm if u find it offensive
Old January 21, 2017, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

One of the things that still baffles me is if someone asks for unauthorized choral links to watch the game then there is no problem and is appreciated if some1 shares it. but if a torrent link is asked for instance then you have to receive infraction as copyright violation.
Old January 22, 2017, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Mods on this site need to chilax. They take this job far too seriously like a freshie who comea here from desi nations and gets excites doing/knowing any little bits, of British way of things.