facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 9, 2006, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
It is a sad incidence.
A brutal attack on Saber Hossain--our fellow BC member and the finest cricket administrator we ever had.
BC member? Whats his username?

Old September 9, 2006, 10:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Disgusting! There can be no justification for this, or hitting any man or any woman for any thing. Such arbitrary violence, mob justice whether by the crowd or the police, has no place in a civilized society. Freedom to protest and make your opinion heard in a peaceful manner should be safeguarded at all costs. But are such protests, where one tries to rush an organization's premises with the subsequent inevitable vandalism that follows, to be tolerated? However, if a peaceful protest turns violent, is it the police's duty to beat people to an inch of their life or to take them into custody and let the law take its course? It appears our legal and executive as well as the political system is in a state of chaos.
Old September 9, 2006, 11:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Secondly, regarding, Banglabhai, whatever govt. do, media criticises, as most part of media is pro-AL. For your information, according to Jail Code (which is made long before independence and amended twice after independence, not any new law), government can declare any house as prison and can keep dangerous criminals there with proper security. Please discuss with any lawyers to have more clear views. Its nothing new and illegal.
I guess you are right partly but not fully, in my opinoin. At this momemnt regarding Bangla Bhai, Government is in a loss-loss position. And is mosltly due to their past non-activitey and lack of credible effort to capture Bangla Bhai in the past. If you read news-paper as you claim, I guess you know the past history in this issue. Gogvernment never tried to capture Bangla Bhai... actualy Babar didn't even recognized the existence of Bangla Bhai, claimed it all made up by the media.

Regarding most part of media is pro-AL, I tend to disagree in that. Which media? News-paper, TV, radio? For TV and Radio, I doubt that. For news-paper, I tend to dis agree also... if you would say "most part of media is anit-BNP or anti-Government" that is more believable than pro-AL. Traditionally that is the tradition of BD news-paper for last 30+ years which is its usually more towards anti-government except for news-papers that are controlled by ruling party.

Regarding Saber incident, its really sad.... actully I suspect this viscous cycle will continue and some BNP are already marked man for next cycle whenever BNP loose their ruling power. And that is the sad part in long run.

Last edited by Fazal; September 9, 2006 at 01:55 PM..
Old September 9, 2006, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Firstly, I do read 5-6 national dailies everyday including Prothom-alo. Never seen such news that a new law is made to release Ershaad. If u have the link please post it here, I'll have a look.

Secondly, regarding, Banglabhai, whatever govt. do, media criticises, as most part of media is pro-AL. For your information, according to Jail Code (which is made long before independence and amended twice after independence, not any new law), government can declare any house as prison and can keep dangerous criminals there with proper security. Please discuss with any lawyers to have more clear views. Its nothing new and illegal.

Now, govt wants to hang these criminals before the end of tenure and AL and part of media accusing govt. that they are trying to hide the godfather in this way. If govt. do not hang them, then the same media will cry that govt. tried to save these criminals (which they will claim as their ally) by not hanging them and the govt. is the main criminal.

Use your own sense, don't follow the media blindly.
I know how to use my sense my fellow. And I don't follow anything or any abject blindly. I think Fazal bhai answered on behalf of me so I am not making it longer.

Oh yea..'dangerous criminals'! So where those dangerous criminals were hiding for all those days? Why the govt was so lazy to arrest him? Why they denied again and again that banglabhai exists? And we all know the reason why BNP govt arrested him now, in the end of their term- to get public support, it is a show off. It is a total failure, there is no excuse, the govt did not try their best to arrest him, they did let Banglabhai and co to kill those innocent people. This is injustice. And look how they are releasing Mr Ershaad to make a qualition. Mr Ershaad was released from 3 different charges within one week. Now will you tell this news as rotona? A media mess? To you may be but if the govt do more for him it's not surprising to me at all.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 10, 2006, 05:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I know how to use my sense my fellow. And I don't follow anything or any abject blindly. I think Fazal bhai answered on behalf of me so I am not making it longer.

Oh yea..'dangerous criminals'! So where those dangerous criminals were hiding for all those days? Why the govt was so lazy to arrest him? Why they denied again and again that banglabhai exists? And we all know the reason why BNP govt arrested him now, in the end of their term- to get public support, it is a show off. It is a total failure, there is no excuse, the govt did not try their best to arrest him, they did let Banglabhai and co to kill those innocent people. This is injustice. And look how they are releasing Mr Ershaad to make a qualition. Mr Ershaad was released from 3 different charges within one week. Now will you tell this news as rotona? A media mess? To you may be but if the govt do more for him it's not surprising to me at all.
Dear SMHasan, I completely agree with you about the initial failure of Govt. about Banglabhai and Co., that was plain stupidity. But you should give them the due credit for their late act while criticising for the initial failure.

Now, my post was nothing about that. I was clarifying about the temporary prison which is well within law, which you mentioned as illegal and about new law to release Ershaad which does not exist.

Every political party in our country play dirty games to go to Power. I think you can recall, Ershaad was in the prison for the full term of previous BNP government (1991-1996) and it was Awami League who set him free through some arrangement ( in exchange of support in 1996 election) and he remained free throughout AL tenure. AL made stron co-operation with Jamaat E Islami for winning that election and now they are not even willing to sit with them.

These are all dirty games and we really cannot appreciate that. Unfortunately, these are nothing new and will continue in future.
Old September 10, 2006, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

What's wrong in Bangladesh? Just don't understand why morality is such low in our country. It's disgusting that the ambulance was not allowed to go on as the VIP was expected to pass by. If the patient would die then? And Mr Mahbub says the VIP should go at first, it seems if the vip goes anywhere then every other people has to stop moving! Jottosob churer desh. Kill them all.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

I've had to take my dad to ME hospital twice this year for treatment. Great place. Hopefully Mr. SC will soon be ok, and if he ever gets another chance to run the BCB, I hope he does a great job again from day 1.
Old September 11, 2006, 12:41 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
What's wrong in Bangladesh? Just don't understand why morality is such low in our country. It's disgusting that the ambulance was not allowed to go on as the VIP was expected to pass by. If the patient would die then? And Mr Mahbub says the VIP should go at first, it seems if the vip goes anywhere then every other people has to stop moving! Jottosob churer desh. Kill them all.
I hope you are not trying to imply this is BNP's fault, I'm sure Khaleda Zia had no idea that an ambulance had to wait because of her arrival. Although the security official there could be more humane and let the ambulance though if there really was a patient in need of urgent medical assistance.. May be he was scared or confused, nonetheless it was wrong.

It's an interesting situation though, because to the contrary if this was a hartal then an ambulance would normally would be allowed to travel unscratched. I remember several people who had to travel in an ambulance to get to the airport because their flight was during hartal.
Old September 11, 2006, 11:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

off topic fficeffice" />
I had to stand like this last Friday on a busy road which was close down because Mr. bush was in town...Can't believe at first that couldn't escape this even in usa but looks like all VIPs gets the same treatment every where
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 11, 2006, 03:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolf_hitler
BC member? Whats his username?
Saber
Old September 11, 2006, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I hope you are not trying to imply this is BNP's fault, I'm sure Khaleda Zia had no idea that an ambulance had to wait because of her arrival. Although the security official there could be more humane and let the ambulance though if there really was a patient in need of urgent medical assistance.. May be he was scared or confused, nonetheless it was wrong.

It's an interesting situation though, because to the contrary if this was a hartal then an ambulance would normally would be allowed to travel unscratched. I remember several people who had to travel in an ambulance to get to the airport because their flight was during hartal.
I am not blaming BNP or AL. I am talking about the morality. AL did this during their time now BNP is doing this. You said Khaleda Zia had no idea, are you joking? All the leader know whenever they go anywhere the traffic become stand still, so excuse here. Not only they are aware about this they really enjoy this sort of incident, I mean they think 'oh people are giving respect to me!', but the question is giving the respect by sacrificing someones life? It can't be a joke.

Last year when I went to Bangladesh I faced similar problem. Mr Saifur Rahman was going to Dhaka from Moulvibazar and the bus which was carrying me was stopped cause Mr Saifur had to go through an emty road! Ridiculous! Seems like we are not living in the 21st century.

Old September 11, 2006, 09:14 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
I am not blaming BNP or AL. I am talking about the morality. AL did this during their time now BNP is doing this. You said Khaleda Zia had no idea, are you joking? All the leader know whenever they go anywhere the traffic become stand still, so excuse here. Not only they are aware about this they really enjoy this sort of incident, I mean they think 'oh people are giving respect to me!', but the question is giving the respect by sacrificing someones life? It can't be a joke.

Last year when I went to Bangladesh I faced similar problem. Mr Saifur Rahman was going to Dhaka from Moulvibazar and the bus which was carrying me was stopped cause Mr Saifur had to go through an emty road! Ridiculous! Seems like we are not living in the 21st century.
I think you are sensationalising a picture too much. Of course she would know the traffic has to stop to make way for her, but would she know there is also an ambulance? I doubt that a PM would particularly enjoy the fact that an ambulance had to wait because of her arrival, whether or not it is some security requirement, especially when there are media crawling all over the scene - because ultimately it puts her image at stake.
Old September 11, 2006, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I think you are sensationalising a picture too much. Of course she would know the traffic has to stop to make way for her, but would she know there is also an ambulance? I doubt that a PM would particularly enjoy the fact that an ambulance had to wait because of her arrival, whether or not it is some security requirement, especially when there are media crawling all over the scene - because ultimately it puts her image at stake.
Probably u don't know bd thats why u said i m saying too much about the ambulance incident.This is everyday incident in bd and it represents how idiot we are. Whenever a so called vip goes anywhere they block the road and i never seen this anywhere in this world. Do uk people block M1 when Mr Blair goes anywhere?

Remember only when we can be a good nation when we can get small things done proplerly.

Old September 11, 2006, 10:14 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Probably u don't know bd thats why u said i m saying too much about the ambulance incident.This is everyday incident in bd and it represents how idiot we are. Whenever a so called vip goes anywhere they block the road and i never seen this anywhere in this world. Do uk people block M1 when Mr Blair goes anywhere?

Remember only when we can be a good nation when we can get small things done proplerly.
I already responded to you on MSN so I'm gonna repeat myself here, and please don't assume I don't know my country.