facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 30, 2012, 01:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
^ Actually, over the past 4 years in England, I've come to appreciate that the fan following of cricket is seasonal and is not nearly as fervent as the support for football. (I'm not talking about the Barmy Army, who travel with the team, as they are obviously a small minority) While I agree that practical immersion in the sport from a young age is important, I think part of the success (and athleticism) of England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa stems from the fact that they play many other sports and, as you said, take their fitness incredibly seriously. I think that has benefited Luke Wright more than reading Len Hutton's biography!
Don't have to be mutually exclusive. You have just spend 10 hours in net, you are tired, it's 10 o'clock at night, you turn on tv and no cricket, you are Mohammad Ashraful....what do you do? That's right, cozy up with a tome of Wisden Almanack. ;-]

Old September 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
^ Actually, over the past 4 years in England, I've come to appreciate that the fan following of cricket is seasonal and is not nearly as fervent as the support for football. (I'm not talking about the Barmy Army, who travel with the team, as they are obviously a small minority) While I agree that practical immersion in the sport from a young age is important, I think part of the success (and athleticism) of England, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa stems from the fact that they play many other sports and, as you said, take their fitness incredibly seriously. I think that has benefited Luke Wright more than reading Len Hutton's biography!
Liked that .... .
Old October 1, 2012, 01:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You have just spend 10 hours in net, you are tired, it's 10 o'clock at night, you turn on tv and no cricket, you are Mohammad Ashraful....what do you do? That's right, cozy up with a tome of Wisden Almanack. ;-]
He would just stare at the Monilasa pic hanging in his bedroom, or turn Momataz's LP on in loud volume.