facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 20, 2012, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Default Simmons looking for Irish to show character as they look to square Bangladesh Series

From Cricket Ireland

Cricket Ireland coach Phil Simmons is looking for his players to show character when they take on Bangladesh in the second game of their RSA Twenty20 Series at Stormont today (5pm).

Simmons missed the first game of the series due to a family bereavement, but is back at the helm and convinced Ireland can level the contest.

"I've spoken with Pete Johnston (assistant coach) and the players about what went wrong and hopefully the fans will see a much different Ireland performance this time. I suppose we are notoriously poor starters but always seem to finish well. There's no doubt we didn't play well in all disciplines of the game and we'll be out to rectify that today.

"I'll take a look at the conditions before selecting the final line-up but it may well be a case of making a few changes. It won't be a case of wholesale changes though. These guys are proven players over a long period of time and they don't suddenly become bad players after just one performance.

"The manner of the defeat has certainly hurt the players but they have the character and the ability to bounce back. That has become the trademark of this Ireland side in recent years -we always fight back in adversity, and with the backing of the Belfast crowd I'm confident we can go on and win the Series."

Ireland wicket-keeper Gary Wilson top scored for Ireland with an unbeaten 41 in the 71 run loss, and he too is confident Ireland can turn it around: "There's no question we didn't do ourselves justice in the opening game. Bangladesh certainly played well, with Shakib Al Hasan showing us just why he's the number one ranked all-rounder in world cricket, and Elias Sunny had such a fantastic spell (claiming 5-13), but we were well below par."

Wilson is of course embarking on a charity cycle ride around Ireland in October along with Ireland captain William Porterfield, and a special raffle will be held at the game to help raise funds for his cause.

"There are some fantastic prizes on offer in the ballot, with a bat signed by the England and Ireland teams, a stay for two at the Bush Hotel in Coleraine and a meal for two at the James Street South restaurant. There are also tickets for Leinster and Ulster matches on offer. Some of the Ulster players are attending the game this evening, and Paul Marshall will be making the draw for the prizes immediately after the game. There's bound to be a great atmosphere at the game, and T20 cricket is fantastic entertainment for all the family."

Cricket Ireland have organised drink and food outlets, with a live DJ, cheerleaders, and of course guaranteed action on the pitch as Ireland look to square the series.

Tickets for the match this evening and tomorrow's game (4pm) start are available at the gate or on www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Old July 20, 2012, 05:52 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
WILLIAM PORTERFIELD wants Ireland to cut out the "schoolboy errors" against Bangladesh in Belfast today (5.0) as they bid to draw level in the three-match T20 international series.
"We were off the mark in all three disciplines of the game," admitted captain Porterfield as he reflected on Ireland's 71-run defeat in the opening game on Wednesday. "We didn't execute our plans with the ball and made a series of schoolboy errors in the field that probably cost us 15 runs alone, but I'm confident we can put it right in the next two games."
George Dockrell -- the most economical bowler in T20 internationals -- missed Wednesdays's match because he was captaining the U-19s against England in preparation for next month's World Cup. He is likely to play in the final two games of the series, and there could also be a place in the line-up for Middlesex seam bowler Tim Murtagh.

Irish Independent

Old July 20, 2012, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Dor lagtase
Old July 20, 2012, 07:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Ken bhai, murgir koilja diya bhaat khaisen ??
Old July 20, 2012, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
^^ Ken bhai, murgir koilja diya bhaat khaisen ??
Ja Khaisilam Seherete shob hozom hoiya gese ar aei news poira aro dor lagtase
Old July 20, 2012, 07:56 AM
Test Cricketer

This is why I don't like the Irish. They had the stuffing knocked out of them and yet they have the insolence to say that they are going to go on to win the series.

They have a superior complex. But the truth is, Bangladesh is a far better team than Ireland.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:03 AM

No doubt they will come hard, BD boys never should let any chance go down. Its a must win game for BD.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
No doubt they will come hard, BD boys never should let any chance go down. Its a must win game for BD.
Spot on. We should carry on the momentum. If we lose this match, there's a good chance we might lose the series. So win this match and whitewash is there for the taking.
Old July 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Well they will try to come back no doubt.But we are on song.I am not scared.Bangladesh is going to crash them.
Old July 20, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
This is why I don't like the Irish. They had the stuffing knocked out of them and yet they have the insolence to say that they are going to go on to win the series.

They have a superior complex. But the truth is, Bangladesh is a far better team than Ireland.
What else can they say other than saying they will improve? What other option does any team have other than expecting themselves to improve? Even if you win a match you should be critical of yourself and set goal to improve on something you have not done well.

In fact, the fact that the Irish are showing the guts and hunger for win should be enough to like them....I know in this case they are our opponents but none the less.
Old July 20, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I have a feeling that they show more arrogance when they play us. They never say bd is better and they r trying match us. instead they always say they r better and blah blah. Even Zimbabwe gives us more respect then them... If you hear their captains interview you can sense that too. I hope we just crush them just like scottland who used to big mouth all the time...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 20, 2012, 09:50 AM

Once the Irish football team was always tough to beat, not because they were strong team but always played tough game. May be that is their one of national character.
Old July 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I have a feeling that they show more arrogance when they play us. They never say bd is better and they r trying match us. instead they always say they r better and blah blah. Even Zimbabwe gives us more respect then them... If you hear their captains interview you can sense that too. I hope we just crush them just like scottland who used to big mouth all the time...
That's exactly the same as what bangladesh supporters are treating NZ? which after some thought isn't too bad an idea, if we don't beleive we can beat higher ranked/better teams just as ireland believes they can beat us. But the arrogance that not only the irish fans as ypu say but also our fans is despicable for sure!
Old July 20, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
That is somewhat true. I am not sure if our race, economic stature and our geographical location have anything to do with this; but they might. Everyone considers BD as the stepschild in cricket. We started our journey in test with the notion "we don't belong here". We are not wanted at this elite level and our failures didn't help to shrug off that notion either. The Irish may be more irked than others thinking we are unfairly occupying their spot in test cricket and because of our failure ICC is not pondering the idea of elevating them anytime soon.
Old July 20, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibd
That's exactly the same as what bangladesh supporters are treating NZ? which after some thought isn't too bad an idea, if we don't beleive we can beat higher ranked/better teams just as ireland believes they can beat us. But the arrogance that not only the irish fans as ypu say but also our fans is despicable for sure!
I am not pointing to fans but the players t self. but As a fan if you see on other arrogant threads a lot of us trying to defuse those bd fans who either have less knowledge of cricket or very young at age. most knowledgeable bd supporters r not like this... I have no clue about irish supporters but i was commenting about the players from their comments.

And I am not sure where you saw our players disrespecting nz team... i don't agree with that
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; July 20, 2012 at 02:25 PM..
Old July 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Well, Simmons got his guys to deliver with help from some of our guys.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 20, 2012, 02:22 PM
Cricket Savant

But that wasn't enough thanks to Riyad
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Today was their good day and our ordinary day.
Old July 20, 2012, 02:25 PM
Cricket Savant

^This is why cricket is such a funny game.
Old July 20, 2012, 02:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
^This is why cricket is such a funny game.
thats the thing about this sport. You can never know what happened. I went off to sleep after mash over and after a while i cheked my mobile and saw 8 needed from 1 ball!
Old July 20, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Ireland played superb today, they had us till the last over of the game. Though the last ball 6 left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old July 20, 2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Ireland played superb today, they had us till the last over of the game. Though the last ball 6 left a bad taste in my mouth.
It was all over for Ireland, thus, Mullah played with them!

Anyway, well done Ireland.

Now, get ready for the Banglawash!!
Old July 20, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Only left a bad taste, since we only one by one run, and I wanted BD to beat Ireland comprehensively each game :P
Old July 22, 2012, 05:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Press Conference: Phil Simmons - Bangladesh in Ireland T20I Series - 3rd T20I

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...io/573470.html
Old July 22, 2012, 06:54 AM

Much thanks Naim for sharing the link