facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 6, 2007, 08:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default BCB convenes emergency meeting on Dav Whatmore

Latest bulletin..

Current Tour

World Cup 2007
BCB convenes emergency meeting on Dav Whatmore
06 April 2007
After criticizing Dav Whatmore's interest in India job in the middle of the world cup campaign, Bangladesh Cricket Board has now convened an emergency meeting on April 10 to discuss the fate of Dav Whatmore as Bangladesh coach.
It is learned that BCB members are divided in their opinions and Whatmore lost some grounds after expressing his willingness to take vacant India position in the middle of the most crucial world cup campaign of Bangladesh.

Read the rest of the bulletin »

Old April 6, 2007, 08:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Whether it is to offer him a renewal on his contract or to terminate the contract, this should have waited till the end of our WC matches. This will be an unnecessary distraction for our players. BCB could discuss these in private among themselves as well as with DW rather than announcing it in public.

When will these people grow and start looking at the whole picture??
Old April 6, 2007, 08:55 AM
Test Cricketer

sorry

Last edited by BangladeshCricket; April 6, 2007 at 09:40 AM..
Old April 6, 2007, 09:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

BCB should have arranged the meeting on private. The result of the meeting may hamper the players concentration.
Old April 6, 2007, 09:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

BangladeshCricket,
Don't blame the Indian media on this one. This is our own wrong doings. The Coach should have mentioned to the media person (interviewer) as "off the record" then this would not have taken place at all. No body would have known. He would have given a high contract extention by BCB. He would have opportunity to decide either or to stay or leave. Being a high profile coach for so long he knew what he was doing and must face the music.

The thing is, BCCI will point an interim coach probably Amarnath. Then after the BD series they have a month to decide on Watmore before they go to England.
Old April 6, 2007, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Allright now all are divided, what's the solution? They did same while McInnes no contract extension possibilities were provided to him..and again we are doing same thing!! Is there any reason for repeating same thing? Don't tell me that these officials are doing the same thing our batsmen does always, getting out doing same mistakes again and again.
Old April 6, 2007, 03:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Whatmore is money-hungry and lets give it to him-more money. He is like a watch-dog when fed properly is always loyal and hard-working but needs more food as it becomes big.
Old April 6, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketboy
Whatmore is money-hungry and lets give it to him-more money. He is like a watch-dog when fed properly is always loyal and hard-working but needs more food as it becomes big.
Sorry. Can't agree with you.
Old April 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

this is already being discussed in another thread, but anyways, i don't think an emergency meeting is required in the middle of a world cup tournament. the bcb had already expressed their feelings about dav speaking up in pulbic, and things should have been left at that. i really feel this is an unnecessary move from the board. things can be taken care of after the world cup or behind doors.
Old April 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree. This emergency meeting could have been easily kept under lid. BCB's initial response was a good thing, but now they should just keep it quiet until end of BD's WC campaign.

Also, I strongly believe that they should not renew his contract. I would not have said this but for this latest snafu by Whatmore. He did it once before. But repeat of the same situation in a even more sensitive context (WC) just makes it real bitter.
Old April 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
this is already being discussed in another thread, but anyways, i don't think an emergency meeting is required in the middle of a world cup tournament. the bcb had already expressed their feelings about dav speaking up in pulbic, and things should have been left at that. i really feel this is an unnecessary move from the board. things can be taken care of after the world cup or behind doors.
agreed...and i don't really see how any indian can be blamed...further, Dav cannot be blamed either. his stock his high...he could get a job that pays 10 times more...and we could use new philosophies...we are fast approaching our plateau with DW

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 6, 2007, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Cheap move by BCB. BCB is an organization and Dev is an employee. Right in this situation when we are in the middle of an assignment, BCB should not conveyed their comments to public. The ideal situation would be let the world cup goes, see the results of the remaining matches, talk with Dev, analyse possitives and negetives, make a decision and then go public. It was not yet time to go infront of the journalists. They just could have their internal meeting and discussion on the issue without leaking it out.
Old April 6, 2007, 06:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

well... dav done dis before.. i read it somewhere that.. dav did this before so that bcb raise his money.. and hes doing the samething again at the same time...just before his contact ending....

i don't know if its a good move or bad move from bcb.. but they shud not continue with him.. we need a better coach than him....
Old April 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

It is not a matter of being a good thing or a bad thing. One must ask two dispassionate questions.

A. Is this ethical?
B. Is Dav the right coach for Bangladesh
Old April 6, 2007, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It is not a matter of being a good thing or a bad thing. One must ask two dispassionate questions.

A. Is this ethical?
I answer one of my own questions:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ble#post102395
Old April 6, 2007, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:

A. Is this ethical?
Since I think I have already put my view on those two questions in the whatmore thread I want to ask you.....And your answers to those two questions would be....Just a thought, most of the mods are less active where posting their opinion is concerned barring a few. Most of the mods are people whose opinions BC members respect I presume so apni eto shundor question korlen kintu nijer opinion ta dilen nah keno bujhlam nah.

Sorry You posted your above reply while i was writing this post. But that was in 2004 and addresses only the second part of your question. Since you put the link here I assume your stance is still the same on part B. So what do you think about your first question.

Last edited by layperson; April 6, 2007 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Added another paragraph after seeing zunaid bhai's last post.
Old April 6, 2007, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
Since I think I have already put my view on those two questions in the whatmore thread I want to ask you.....And your answers to those two questions would be....Just a thought, most of the mods are less active where posting their opinion is concerned barring a few. Most of the mods are people whose opinions BC members respect I presume so apni eto shundor question korlen kintu nijer opinion ta dilen nah keno bujhlam nah.
I am not an official mod even though by virtue of being an admin I do have mod privileges. I exercise them lightly but when I do I do it hard.

Anyway, I already answered B. Three years ago. See link ^^^^^^

As for A, I am a tad busy but will briefly answer: yes, it is unethical.

Last edited by Zunaid; April 6, 2007 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: offoicial = official ie tpyoe
Old April 6, 2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Btw, these damned meaningless nick changes are confusing.

Here's my mental map...

Shahriyar = layperson?

BBGun = special one?
Old April 6, 2007, 07:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:

Here's my mental map...

Shahriyar = layperson?

BBGun = special one?
Spot on.
Old April 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:

Here's my mental map...

Shahriyar = layperson?

BBGun = special one?

To quote shakespeare, "What's in a name, that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" . You reply to the posts not to the name dont you. But yes you can say that the name changes were meaningless or were they?
Old April 6, 2007, 11:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Miraz Bhai,

You reported it as BCB convenes emergency meeting on Dav Whatmore

Prothom alo reported it as "Dav issue enters the agenda of April 10th emergency meeting of BCB" বিসিবির জরুরী সভায়ও ঢুকে পরেছেন হোয়াটমোর। The report also mentioned the main agenda of the emergency meeting was to discuss the CA deal.

Which one is correct?

Is this another of your post where you are twisting the facts to suit your views?
Old April 7, 2007, 02:57 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
Miraz Bhai,

You reported it as BCB convenes emergency meeting on Dav Whatmore

Prothom alo reported it as "Dav issue enters the agenda of April 10th emergency meeting of BCB" বিসিবির জরুরী সভায়ও ঢুকে পরেছেন হোয়াটমোর। The report also mentioned the main agenda of the emergency meeting was to discuss the CA deal.

Which one is correct?

Is this another of your post where you are twisting the facts to suit your views?
The news source is AFP, Cricinfo and other cricket sites used the same source with the same info.You can go to AFP,Cricinfo or other sites to verify that.
And please don't write rubbish about another person without knowing anything. You are making too many unnecessary personal comments.

Here's the cricnfo report
Quote:
Peeved by coach's interest in India in midst of World Cup campaign
Bangladesh board to discuss Whatmore's future

Cricinfo staff
April 6, 2007

The BCB will speak to Dav Whatmore first before the meeting on April 10 © AFP

Following Dav Whatmore's statements to the media about his interest in coaching India, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) have convened an emergency meeting on April 10 to discuss his future as coach of Bangladesh.
After Greg Chappell resigned as coach of India, Whatmore told an Indian news channel that he would be interested in taking over as Chappell's successor should the opportunity come his way. The BCB were particularly critical of the timing of Whatmore's comments, given that it occurred in the middle of Bangladesh's World Cup campaign, adding that it would only distract the team. Whatmore's contract runs till May.
Click here for rest
Old April 7, 2007, 03:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
The news source is AFP, Cricinfo and other cricket sites used the same source with the same info.You can go to AFP,Cricinfo or other sites to verify that.
And please don't write rubbish about another person without knowing anything. You are making too many unnecessary personal comments.

Here's the cricnfo report
Click here for rest
I am making my personal observations/criticism. Being a journalist, you should know the difference between criticism and personal attacks. According to my observation, your previous poll was designed to get a biased result. It was clear in your poll choices.

What makes your writings non-rubbish? That you have been writing for longer? Or that you are "Editor" of something? I think I made my points clear in every thread where I quoted you.

With regard to your source, I would say, they are manufacturing news to their liking. And being a Bangladeshi cricket writer, you may want to check out your other sources (And we know you have a lot of such sources) and thereby make more credible reporting with regard to Bangladesh cricket. My post remains the same, except AFT gets in your shoes.

See, I am saner than you ...... the moment you have shown that it might not be solely your fault, I am admitting my mistake. This is called professionalism.
Old April 7, 2007, 03:27 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakirc
I am making my personal observations/criticism. Being a journalist, you should know the difference between criticism and personal attacks. According to my observation, your previous poll was designed to get a biased result. It was clear in your poll choices.

What makes your writings non-rubbish? That you have been writing for longer? Or that you are "Editor" of something? I think I made my points clear in every thread where I quoted you.

With regard to your source, I would say, they are manufacturing news to their liking. And being a Bangladeshi cricket writer, you may want to check out your other sources (And we know you have a lot of such sources) and thereby make more credible reporting with regard to Bangladesh cricket. My post remains the same, except AFT gets in your shoes.

See, I am saner than you ...... the moment you have shown that it might not be solely your fault, I am admitting my mistake. This is called professionalism.
Yap very good professionalism. Calling name before verifying and later admitting mistake.

Bravo.

Verification from Prothom-alo? Reuters, AFP, Cricinfo all are very relibale news sources.
Moreover, Look at the opening post it's posted at 1:30 PM GMT/ 7:30 PM Bangladesh time. It was added to the front page about half an hour before that.
On the other hand, Prothom -Alo online version is updated around 9-10:00 PM GMT / 3-4 AM Bangladesh time. It's about 8 hours later.

Last edited by Miraz; April 7, 2007 at 03:49 AM..
Old April 7, 2007, 03:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Verification from Prothom-alo?
Who talked about anything regarding verification with Prothom Alo? Please read my post slowly, try to understand what I wrote, before commenting on it.

Quote:
Prothom -Alo online version is updated around 9-10:00 PM GMT / 3-4 AM Bangladesh time. It's about 8 hours later.
So Prothom Alo published the news 8 hours later and during that time the story changed? I don't think so .... whats your point?