facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default The Partiality of Impartiality

Quote:
The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied.
This was quoted on the fb status of one of my friends. What is interesting to note here is that Obama has condemned Sam Bacile and all others like him. As far as I know, neither Romney nor any other Republican leader has said half as much. In fact, most GOPers have accused the President of cowardice by "apologizing" to Muslims.

However, notice the second part where Obama lays an equal condemnation for anti-Christian and anti-Jewish hate. Obama has remained impartial, and has called everyone out for their respective garbage: its wrong to hurt the sentiments of muslims and its wrong to hurt the sentiments of jews. A totally balanced and fair statement.

Now, the problem arises here.

Here Obama justifiably criticizes Iranian president Ahmedenijad for his anti-Israeli statements. However notice that there isn't an immediate linkage nor mention of anti-Iranian activities by Israel such as "assassinating" nuclear scientists.

Basically what is happening is that when little Bobby pushes Susie on the playground the teacher puts Bobby in time-out and sends Susie back to play with her friends. When Sue later trips Bobby on the jungle gym, the teacher tells Sue she should behave better and advises her to not do it again and sends Bobby to time out for being influenced by gravity. It would be interesting to wonder which child is likely to grow up to be a spiteful adult, distrustful of authority figures.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old September 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Test Cricketer

The fact that Irani leaders frequently makes anti-Israeli statement is one of the justification Israel (and others) use in condemning Iran's nuclear weapon program. Iran also engages in financial and weaponry support for Hezbolla (and other so called anti-Israeli group), which often attacks Israel as a proxy for Iran.

Israel attacking and killing Irani nuclear scientists is the least worst thing I can think about. Chances are they do it with the blessings and support of USA.

I thought this was as obvious as they come.
Old September 25, 2012, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

He wouldn't win the election if he made condemned Israel any further.
Old September 25, 2012, 10:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Thats true, but the point I was hoping to make was why Muslims are prone to rioting. Its actually not about the movie, or the cartoons, or the ground zero mosque. Those are very focal issues...something pervasive as protests in Benghazi to Jakarta must have a more systemic cause. It consists of two parts: provacative foreign policies and a culture of intolerance. Are muslims intolerant because of skewed foreign policies or are the policies skewed because muslims are intolerant? My guess is both.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 25, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
He wouldn't win the election if he made condemned Israel any further.
Its not just about Obama either. That is just a 4 year block of time...a focal issue. I'm talking about the "bigger picture"...more long term.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 26, 2012, 06:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Thats true, but the point I was hoping to make was why Muslims are prone to rioting. Its actually not about the movie, or the cartoons, or the ground zero mosque. Those are very focal issues...something pervasive as protests in Benghazi to Jakarta must have a more systemic cause. It consists of two parts: provacative foreign policies and a culture of intolerance. Are muslims intolerant because of skewed foreign policies or are the policies skewed because muslims are intolerant? My guess is both.
which may explain why we haven't seen protests from countries like Turkey and Saudi Arabia...(the more developed and politically influential modern Muslim countries)
Old September 26, 2012, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
which may explain why we haven't seen protests from countries like Turkey and Saudi Arabia...(the more developed and politically influential modern Muslim countries)
Or perhaps because they are among the most secular and politically repressive countries respectively. The citizens of the former have better things to get upset about while the rulers of the latter do not want any protests lest they transform into an oust the House of Saud movement in yet another spring laden breath of fresh air.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

we haven't seen protests in UAE either? have we? Banfan brother can verify i guess...