facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 25, 2009, 07:54 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Important Decisions at 11th Meeting of the BCB Board of Directors

Date: Sunday, 25 October 2009

Media Release

Important Decisions at 11th Meeting of the BCB Board of Directors

The BCB Board of Directors convened for their 11th Meeting today. This was the first Board meeting chaired by new BCB President AHM Mustafa Kamal, FCA, MP since he took office. Mr. Kamal said: “I am honoured to be presiding this important meeting. This is a significant day for me and I can assure the respected Board Directors of my utmost cooperation towards reaching our common goal which is the development of Bangladesh cricket.”

Some of the important decisions taken at the Meeting are as follows:

• The Board endorsed the appointment of Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim as Captain and Vice Captain respectively for the Grameenphone Cup ODI Series against Zimbabwe.

• It was decided that the BCB Annual General Meeting will be held on 26 December 2009. The BCB Awards Night will also be held on the same date.

• The Board agreed to look into areas where expenditure can be reduced as a contingency measure.

• The Board decided to accelerate the process of making the Regional Cricket Association functional.

• A decision has been taken to involve more Board Directors with Age Group Programmes of the BCB Game Development Committee. The Directors will be given specific responsibility in relation to the Age Group Programmes.

• A committee has been formed comprising BCB Directors Enayet Husain Siraj, Gazi Ashraf Hossain and Aziz Al Kaiser to explore the possibilities of introducing the franchise concept in domestic first class competitions.

Media & Communications Department, BCB