facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 29, 2004, 12:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Australian Prime Minister may be wishing he was stayed in Iraq

Australian Prime Minister John Howard must have been thinking what a great week it was going to be after flying in and out of Baghdad on the weekend , visiting the Aussie troops and getting a big media coverage.
Then the King of Australian radio John Laws accuses his main radio rival Alan Jones of influencing public service appointments.
And poor old John Howard cops more shrapnel wounds than Iraqi rocket propelled grenade would provide in the cross fire between the 2 radio giants.
This is the most worried Howard has looked during his 8 years as Prime Minister.
It looks like the man with the golden microphone "Laws" may have brang down the government , even though he was targeting his rival "Jones".
So after breathing a sigh of relief leaving Baghdad on Monday, now John Howard finds himself digging in to save his skin here on Thursday.

Old April 29, 2004, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Quote:
It looks like the man with the golden microphone "Laws" may have brang down the government , even though he was targeting his rival "Jones".
Brang?
Old April 29, 2004, 03:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Ouch. Pulled over by a 13 year old for grammar/spelling...

Anyhow, Howard the snake that he is will slither out of this mess without a fuss (as he has done on numerous other occasions). The guy is untouchable!
Old April 29, 2004, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok, is'nt it a safer place now? I mean Australia, not Iraq.

And are you guys going to have a referendum or just pull the plug, a la Madrid, if that labor guy wins.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by oracle]
Old April 29, 2004, 06:05 PM
Club Cricketer

BRUNG
BRUNG
BRUNG

how many demerit points do I get for "brang".
unfortunately I am also a repeat offender of the same crime.
may as well quit my job and re do primary school starting at grade prep.
Old April 29, 2004, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

i believe the word is BROUGHT.
Old April 29, 2004, 06:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Ok, is'nt it a safer place now? I mean Australia, not Iraq.
That is debatable.. before Australia wasn't really on the hit list, but nowadays it seems that most threats coming from Islamic fundamentalists contain Australia as a target.

John Howard wants to turn Australia into a mini-US by copying her internal and foreign policies (e.g. with regards to East Timor, Australia is trying to 'steal' all their oil, trying to take away rights of gay married people etc). He's just toeing the conservative party line I suppose. In the past few years, Australia has become more reliant on the US for economic and military assistance than ever before, so I suppose regardless of who wins the election this year, we'll still be kissing US bottom. But for all his vices, I must say he is a brilliant politician as he manages to turn every single incident (detrimental to his cause or otherwise) to his own advantage.

Quote:
And are you guys going to have a referendum or just pull the plug, a la Madrid, if that labor guy wins.
Well the labor guy said he would pull troops out of Iraq by December if he wins the election this year. That wasn't really well received by the public, so I guess that may not happen. I think it all depends if an Australian soldier dies or not. If that were to happen (seriously hope it doesn't), then public opinion will most likely sway.
Old April 29, 2004, 09:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Shubho
i believe the word is BROUGHT.
I might start at kindergarten instead