facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 7, 2019, 12:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
He will come back strong against mighty Sri Lanka
With a SR of 75.

Old July 7, 2019, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
100% agreed. That india knock of 2007 cemented his place because no other bd openers ever played like that.
Absolutely. If he actually continued to play like he did against IND 2007 and honed his skills towards being that type of an opener, we would have seen a better tamim. Similar to what we saw when he was striking around 100SR and was on peak form. I don't really understand this bs about holding down the innings. Shakib took the responsibility to go up the order and bat at number 3. Definitely took that pressure off him. Instead, If anything, most of the time Shakib felt pressure for TAMIM's slow batting and slowing down the RR. He has been a big let down for us for some time now with his new tuktuk batting
Old July 7, 2019, 01:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Tamim last many years no doubt held the top well, as others fell quickly so it worked in his favour, so one can’t complete dislike his SR, yes it is poor overall. But he has kept one end up many a times, other openers not done enough, which played in his favour to go at that certain Strike Rate. But coming into an ICC event on good batting wickets, his SR was always going to be a big issue, not only that he didn’t even seem like had a proper attacking gear this WC in any of the matches he played, he did get in many times but I just didn’t see him kicking on to get a big on or a high 50.

If the others, likes of Sarkar play longer innings with strike rate over 90, then Tamim will not be able to keep going at his SR, will feel the pressure if he keeps failing with a poor SR.

What makes me laugh. I read Tamims interview, he said how he changed his game and only he knows where he came from and stuffs, from how he was to this and whats worked for him last 4 years despite the SR. But to me that just seems he is gone into that mode of playing for average. In todays day an age of modern ODI, am sure as an opener playing on good batting wickets, you can strike at 85 at
Old July 7, 2019, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

The best Tamim was the Tamim of 2010. He was explosive, smashing bowlers around the park. His innings in the first test in NZ this years showed glimpse of old tamim. He is not someone who should just play an anchor role.
Old July 8, 2019, 04:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Tamim Iqbal in World Cup:

Matches: 29
Runs: 718
High score: 95
Average: 24.75
Strike rate: 73.11
100: Zero

https://twitter.com/Bangla13c/status...06644708851714
Can someone dig the stats for Tamim against big teams (non minnows and associates) In WC. I assume the average will fall down to bellow 20...
Old July 8, 2019, 08:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

All he had to do was replicate that form he showed, and we would've beaten New Zealand and India. He didn't put his hand-up at all.
Old July 8, 2019, 10:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Did Zeeshan hack your account?

I told you not to give the password with that tip you gave for fantasy team name
Uncanny resemblance... though... except I got more edited expletives and vitriol.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 8, 2019, 10:18 PM
Cricket Savant

As far as thread, total overreaction. He just hit a bad patch. Over and out.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 9, 2019, 12:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
The best Tamim was the Tamim of 2010. He was explosive, smashing bowlers around the park. His innings in the first test in NZ this years showed glimpse of old tamim. He is not someone who should just play an anchor role.
I wanna see this Tamim back from 2010, scored a smashing 125runs against England.
https://youtu.be/rmno4jISU6M
Old July 10, 2019, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
yea sure just a bad patch. he will figure it out in the 2023 wc. As the saying goes 3rd, 4th, 5th times the charm.
Old July 31, 2019, 10:20 AM
Test Cricketer

He is really hurting the team. Sure there are other deadwoods but they will come and go. He needs to be dropped man
Old July 31, 2019, 10:23 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

He was in great form leading upto the WC. What the hell happened
Old July 31, 2019, 10:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
He was in great form leading upto the WC. What the hell happened
He did struggle in the tri nations prior to that. Even though he got runs. He looked planted while struggling to make runs. I think he wants to play till 40th overs while worrying about his strike rate. Tamim is no shakib or mushfiq who can play longer innings with good strike rate. So he should focus on exactly what he wants to do. The best thing would be to forget trying to play role of an anchor but play like what worked for you in the past. He is mentally weak compare to shakib and mushfiq and very inconsistent as well.
Old July 31, 2019, 10:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
He did struggle in the tri nations prior to that. Even though he got runs. He looked planted while struggling to make runs. I think he wants to play till 40th overs while worrying about his strike rate. Tamim is no shakib or mushfiq who can play longer innings with good strike rate. So he should focus on exactly what he wants to do. The best thing would be to forget trying to play role of an anchor but play like what worked for you in the past. He is mentally weak compare to shakib and mushfiq and very inconsistent as well.
I agree. Somebody needs to sit down with him and tell him it is okay if he gets out, the team has won matches without his contribution. The team is not dependent on him. Therefore just play freely and without any added pressure to anchor the innings.
Old July 31, 2019, 10:38 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I agree. Somebody needs to sit down with him and tell him it is okay if he gets out, the team has won matches without his contribution. The team is not dependent on him. Therefore just play freely and without any added pressure to anchor the innings.
Absolutely. I wish we had someone in bcb. Someone needs to convey this message to tamim
Old July 31, 2019, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

এইগুলার চুড়ি পড়া উচিত !!
Old July 31, 2019, 10:46 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
এইগুলার চুড়ি পড়া উচিত !!
Churi pora Manus gulo SA te series jite asche..may be asolei eder churi e pora uchit
Old July 31, 2019, 11:04 AM
Test Cricketer

He can only regain his confidence by playing tests. Odi’s will further dent his confidence.
Old July 31, 2019, 12:41 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Churi pora Manus gulo SA te series jite asche..may be asolei eder churi e pora uchit
Asia Cup e India ke haray title o jitey ashchey..
Old July 31, 2019, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Let me be honest. Tamim Iqbal won't be improving anymore. He is at the end of his peak and he will only get worse from here
Old July 31, 2019, 06:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Good joke Z
Old August 9, 2019, 12:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

So much hate for one Tamim! Hurts a little...
Old August 10, 2019, 05:46 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
So much hate for one Tamim! Hurts a little...
Tamim is not doing justice to his reputation this year (2019) for sure. However, his performance until last year was praiseworthy. This kind of dip in performance happened to every cricket players and legends. But the contribution of Tamim Iqbal in the progress of our cricket can not be overemphasized. Still he is one of the better batsman BD had ever produced (include Mushfiqur and Shakib), in terms of performance or records.

It is, at least, decent to show some respect by not opening a thread with distorting the name. It doesn't reflect good on the reputation of only reliable and reputable BD cricket forum as 'Bangla Cricket. Com' either.

My humble request should be to close this thread and refrain from opening such thread in future. No disrespect intended to anyone.
Old August 10, 2019, 07:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold
Tamim is not doing justice to his reputation this year (2019) for sure. However, his performance until last year was praiseworthy. This kind of dip in performance happened to every cricket players and legends. But the contribution of Tamim Iqbal in the progress of our cricket can not be overemphasized. Still he is one of the better batsman BD had ever produced (include Mushfiqur and Shakib), in terms of performance or records.

It is, at least, decent to show some respect by not opening a thread with distorting the name. It doesn't reflect good on the reputation of only reliable and reputable BD cricket forum as 'Bangla Cricket. Com' either.

My humble request should be to close this thread and refrain from opening such thread in future. No disrespect intended to anyone.
Sorry, but we are not related to BCB. We the fans prowl here. If a player disappoints us fans, you can be sure to be grilled left right and centre over here. After all, we are like silent investors. We invest our time and money to watch these players play.
Old August 10, 2019, 08:38 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Tamim has requested a break from the test match against Afghanistan and the tri series. The source is cricbuzz.