facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 24, 2019, 02:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Will we witness a 300+ score in a T20?
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Old February 24, 2019, 04:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

These dudes can do whatever they wanna do with the associates, just don’t bring all that heat to that Bangladesh game in the World Cup.

That’s like nightmare stuff.
Old February 24, 2019, 05:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
These dudes can do whatever they wanna do with the associates, just don’t bring all that heat to that Bangladesh game in the World Cup.

That’s like nightmare stuff.
Ireland and Afghanistan are both Test Playing full member countries now, not associates
Old February 24, 2019, 05:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Yikes. Forgot all about that. still can’t take Ireland seriously. Part time professionals.
Old February 24, 2019, 06:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
Yikes. Forgot all about that. still can’t take Ireland seriously. Part time professionals.
No they aren't anymore.
http://tsmsportz.com/cricket/ireland...ters-salaries/

They are just poor..with limited pipeline.
Old February 24, 2019, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Afghans are definitely bridging the gap between us . I just hope we don’t lose to them in the World Cup. I’m attending that match I don’t want to be crying all the way back home
Old February 24, 2019, 07:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Afghans are definitely bridging the gap between us . I just hope we don’t lose to them in the World Cup. I’m attending that match I don’t want to be crying all the way back home
t20 is bullsh!t format!

Afg are far behind us in other MAJOR formats.

(Especially with selfish indian money, I hope they never improve!)
Old February 24, 2019, 07:21 AM
Test Cricketer

I won’t be surprised if we lose to them in ODI in the World Cup. In the recent ODI encounters in Asia cup, they already beat us once and almost beat us in the 2nd one as well.

And now, how uncompetitive we were in NZ ODIs, my expectations for BD in the World Cup is very limited. It is possible, we may not win a single game.
Old February 24, 2019, 09:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
I won’t be surprised if we lose to them in ODI in the World Cup. In the recent ODI encounters in Asia cup, they already beat us once and almost beat us in the 2nd one as well.

And now, how uncompetitive we were in NZ ODIs, my expectations for BD in the World Cup is very limited. It is possible, we may not win a single game.
These bilaterals don't mean much especially for BD who are so hot and cold, before 2015 world cup we lost to India C Team at home, West Indies Away and then world cup happened, next year in 2015 we actually beat the full strength Indian team at home.

New Zealand also got whitewashed by South Africa at home before the 2015 world cup and they reached the finals.

Sri Lanka got whitewashed in New Zealand and Australia got hammered at the Asia Cup by every team and then went on to win a test series in South Africa for the first time ever.

We lost a T20 series vs Afghan and then we won a T20 series Away to West Indies who are current world t20 champions. We then reached the finals of Asia cup without Tamim or Shakib beating full strength Pakistan in the process. I expect the team to bounce back because they are after all ranked 7th (close to being 6th) in the world for nothing.
Old February 24, 2019, 06:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
t20 is bullsh!t format!

I think you are being harsh on us brother, Indian money is not hanging on trees for us to pick. We used 450.000USD on one month training camp in India prior to this series. We get less than you guys from ICC and our sponsors aren’t as cashrich as yours.

There is natural talent and lot of hard work in our guys. They don’t even have your guys temperament or technique but still I think you’re not far ahead as you think. We just need two good fast bowlers such our Hamid Hassan. Also we need to get of blind passengers such as Asghar Stanikzai and rest of his family
Old February 24, 2019, 06:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathanAFG
There is natural talent and lot of hard work in our guys. They don’t even have your guys temperament or technique but still I think you’re not far ahead as you think. We just need two good fast bowlers such our Hamid Hassan. Also we need to get of blind passengers such as Asghar Stanikzai and rest of his family
Isn't Asghar Stanikzai now Asghar Afghan? Captain of Afghanistan?
Old February 24, 2019, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
t20 is bullsh!t format!

They are definitely not that far behind us even in ODI. What afg/Bd team have you been following throughout the years?
Old February 24, 2019, 09:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
They are definitely not that far behind us even in ODI. What afg/Bd team have you been following throughout the years?
Isn't anik Pakistani?
Old February 24, 2019, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Rashid Khan gets 4 wickets in 4 balls. No matter who is the opponent, it definitely takes some skill to score this amount runs and take wickets. Afghanistan is definitely miles ahead of Bangladesh in T20s and equal in the ODIs. They will most probably surpass Bangladesh in ODIs too.
Old February 24, 2019, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Bepar na, with legend Shabbir being back in the squad as finisher, it is only a matter of time before we score 300+ in a T20I and show AFGA where they truly belong.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old February 25, 2019, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Isn't anik Pakistani?
He says he is b'deshi, people here says he is Pakistani, I give him the benifit of doubt and assume that he is b'deshi.
Old February 25, 2019, 03:38 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Afghanistan's improvement is nothing short of astonishing. At this rate they will be a very strong side in the next 5 years. They are already a match for us in limited overs cricket.
Old February 25, 2019, 03:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Isn't anik Pakistani?
He is Pakistani and one who dislikes certain Bangladeshis of a particular religion. He probably knows a guy who gives him info or uses the internet.
Old February 25, 2019, 03:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Afghanistanis look well built and disciplined. They also have a nothing to lose attitude. With t20 based a lot on luck, Afghan do well. However I think they will struggle in longer versions of the game in places like England
Old February 25, 2019, 07:38 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Isn't Asghar Stanikzai now Asghar Afghan? Captain of Afghanistan?
Yea he is, and even if he changes his last name to “International”it won’t improve his game. He performes once in every 15-20 matches and in the rest puts the team under pressure.
Old February 25, 2019, 07:52 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Afghanistanis look well built and disciplined. They also have a nothing to lose attitude. With t20 based a lot on luck, Afghan do well. However I think they will struggle in longer versions of the game in places like England
We do have players with better temperament and technique but our management is corrupted and keeps pushing their favorites ahead of upcoming youngsters.

Also we lack good pacers in order to do well in longer formats. When we initially arrived at international stage we had one of the best pace attacks and they won us matches. But then Hamid Hassan got injured, Shahpoor and Merwais got old and Dawlat is injured a lot as well.

For years we have havn’t produced any pacers of Hamid’s caliber. Which is very strange as we are built for pace bowling but we keep producing spinners
Old February 25, 2019, 08:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathanAFG
We do have players with better temperament and technique but our management is corrupted and keeps pushing their favorites ahead of upcoming youngsters.

Also we lack good pacers in order to do well in longer formats. When we initially arrived at international stage we had one of the best pace attacks and they won us matches. But then Hamid Hassan got injured, Shahpoor and Merwais got old and Dawlat is injured a lot as well.

For years we have havn’t produced any pacers of Hamid’s caliber. Which is very strange as we are built for pace bowling but we keep producing spinners
Corruption is in every sub continent team.

I watched a BBC show on Afghanistan when they were playing a qualifying tournament and it was nice to watch. I like how the bonding is between the team mates.

It is remarkable how a war torn country with very little resources can put a decent team together.

I don’t really follow the Afghanistan team but wish them well.
Old February 25, 2019, 09:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

The key is Mujib and Rashid. Teams take care of those two, the chances of winning goes exponential.
Old February 26, 2019, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Afghanistan well best us in pretty much every format soon if the progression trends remain similar.

We will probably beat them at home a few times but it'll soon be 50/50 there too as they'll just out-skill our spinners and muscle us out of the game.
Old February 26, 2019, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru

When Shakib and Tamim retire, forget Afghanistan even Nepal and Hong Kong will be fancying their chances with us