facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 22, 2007, 12:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Int Cricket News: Cricket news and views around the world

OD Gibson17.3--1--47--10--2.68

Congrats to former WI fast bowler Ottis Gibson who took 10 wicket in an innings for Durham in county cricket match against Hampshire.

Last edited by MohammedC; August 24, 2008 at 07:17 AM..

Old July 22, 2007, 12:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ottis Gibson takes all ten wickets for Durham
Cricinfo staff
July 22, 2007

Not bad for 38: Ottis Gibson took 10 for 47 to dismiss Hampshire for 115 at Chester-le-Street © Getty Images

Ottis Gibson, the Durham and former West Indies fast bowler, became the 79th bowler in first-class cricket to take all ten wickets today when he single handedly dismissed Hampshire for 115.
Gibson, 38, becomes the first player to manage the feat since Debasish Mohanty in 2000-01, and first player in county cricket since Richard Johnson took 10 for 45 for Middlesex in 1994.
On eight wickets today, he was made to wait, rather inevitably by the rain, before he had David Griffiths caught behind and then bowled James Bruce for a first-ball duck to claim figures of 10 for 47.
Gibson is enjoying a new lease of life since joining Durham in 2006 - his third county in what has been a nomadic career - and struck a magnificent 155 to keep his side in the top flight last season.
Full report to follow at stumps
Old July 22, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Gosh Mo, crossed me over this scintillating Ottis Gibson news, cool stuff from this phenomenal allrounder at this age. Look what I found!

Arnie and Ryan Sidebottom
Arnie Sidebottom was one of the last footballer-cricketers, playing with Manchester United among other clubs, and his one Test appearance came in 1985 when, by his own admission, he was "past his sell-by date". He was always prone to injury so it was somehow fitting that he limped out of that game. Ryan's debut in 2001 was uninspiring, and most believed he was destined to be the one-cap son of a one-cap father. But he honed his basics in county cricket, and when called up again six years later, he was a much more effective swing bowler.

English cricket has about six instances of such.
Old July 23, 2007, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Sidebottom has to continue to perform at this level. Time is not on his side. I've seen him in several county matches and on his day he can be unplayable. When the sun shines, its a different ball game
Old July 23, 2007, 08:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Good sign for Zimbabwe cricket
Quote:
India A in Zimbabwe 2007
India's next generation arrives in Harare
Cricinfo staff
July 23, 2007
India A arrived in Harare mid-morning on Saturday with a strong squad ahead of their two four-day matches against Zimbabwe Select in Harare and Bulawayo. The squad is a blend of the finest young crop in India and some fringe national team players.
Mohammad Kaif, the batsman who represented India at the 2003 World Cup, captains the side. Also touring are allrounder Irfan Pathan, batsman Robin Uthappa and pace bowler VRV Singh. The last two have played for the national team with some success but have not yet cemented their places. In all, seven of the squad have played for India.
Source
Old July 23, 2007, 08:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Andrew Flintoff set for batting return

Quote:
Andrew Flintoff will make a low-key return to action for Lancashire Second XI at Blackpool today. The England all-rounder, who had a third operation on his left ankle on June 1, will play against Derbyshire purely as a batsman.
Flintoff has featured in a single County Championship game and three Friends Provident Trophy matches for Lancashire this season, suffering discomfort in the four-day game against Hampshire at the Rose Bowl in May. He took no part in the Test series against the West Indies but the England and Wales Cricket Board are now happy that he has made sufficient progress to be eased back into action.
No targets have been set beyond today's encounter although Flintoff has expressed his determination to return to the England squad for the one-day series against India, which begins at the Rose Bowl on Aug 21.
The Second XI match at Blackpool will be a gentle workout for Flintoff and the England medical team will not be able to judge his fitness seriously until he tests his ankle by bowling in a competitive environment, possibly on the Twenty20 Cup finals day at Edgbaston on Aug 4.
Telegraph
Old July 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Pakistan tour to go ahead

CRICKET Australia are standing firm on their commitment to tour Pakistan in March, despite Hockey Australia's dramatic decision to miss the Champions Trophy.
Hockey's national body has declined an invitation to play in the December tournament in Lahore - the year's major hockey event - because of security fears.

"It's our intention to fulfil our tour obligations," a CA spokesman said tonight.

"We will continue to monitor with the relevant security agencies both in Australia and overseas on the day-to-day developments in Pakistan."

Herald Sun
Old July 24, 2007, 06:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Wright joins New Zealand in high-performance role
Bracewell reappointed for two years

John Bracewell has held on to his job as New Zealand's coach for two more seasons. New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has also announced that John Wright will be given a high-performance role, although the exact nature of his position is still unclear.

cricinfo
Old July 24, 2007, 11:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHID AFRIDI

return likely for inzimam
Old July 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default 'Stresscothick' pulls plug on England again

MARCUS Trescothick's international career appears to be over after he ruled himself out of England's winter program, including the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup.
The 31-year-old Somerset opening batsman said he had still not recovered sufficiently from the stress-related illness that forced him to return from two tours last year.
Trescothick admitted: "It was a difficult decision. At first I thought I was just about getting there, but as things went on I knew I was not quite ready for it. Some people will make up their minds that this means it's all over for me as an England cricketer. I suppose that's inevitable. But that's not how I see it. I still believe strongly that I will play international cricket again."
Trescothick's withdrawal came only two weeks after he was included in England's provisional squad for the Twenty20 World Cup, to be played in South Africa in September.
Telegraph, London

Source
Old July 27, 2007, 01:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHID AFRIDI

third training camp begun from friday here at national stadium karachi
paksitan A will play 12 practice T20 macthes against pakistan B
Old July 28, 2007, 11:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

England in Sri Lanka, 2007-08
ECB assesses Sri Lanka security

Read More
Old July 28, 2007, 12:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Lord's to light up for historic match

Read More

I dont see any point having light at lords. English summer is long and the sun does not set till 9 pm so whats the point
Old July 28, 2007, 12:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Lord's to light up for historic match

Read More

I dont see any point having light at lords. English summer is long and the sun does not set till 9 pm so whats the point
no in september night time falls at 6ish
Old July 28, 2007, 10:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Ian Chappell looks back on 30 years behind the mic

Quote:
Do you still look back at the mess you were involved in back in 1980-81 when you used bad language on air?
I'm always conscious of it because I know that if I make the mistake again, that might be it. I enjoy commentary, I enjoy the work. I don't know whether I've deliberately got it stuck away in the back of my mind or not but I'm always conscious of it. And it's interesting that when I had the mess-up, there were four words you weren't supposed to say on TV and I managed to get three of the four in one sentence.
I realised I had to stop swearing. Period. I actually did for six months - almost all swearing except a few "bloody"s. I ran into Garry Sobers not long after it happened and I said, "I've stopped swearing, Gary" and he said, "What? There's going to be lot of gaps in your conversations then." But I slipped back into bad habits, and now I'm still at it. But I know it will cost me my job if I'm not conscious of it. Maybe it's a good thing. It makes me a bit more disciplined.
Sounds like 80's commentary was more fun

Read more
Old July 30, 2007, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

flintoff makes cautious noises about playing one day cricket for england again.
Old July 30, 2007, 07:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Warne helping to tweak England

Quote:
HISTORY suggests Shane Warne has never been too fussy about who gets hold of his mobile phone number, but Australian fans will be surprised to learn of the leg-spinner's telephonic flirtations with the England Cricket Board.
England's chairman of selectors, David Graveney, admitted on Saturday he had sought advice from Warne, who leads county side Hampshire.
"We have swapped phone numbers and will stay in touch," Graveney told the England's Sunday Telegraph.
Sydney Morning Herald

This will make Australians really angry
Old July 31, 2007, 12:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Post World Cup report made public in magazine
Cricket South Africa responds to alcohol claims

Cricinfo
Old August 1, 2007, 06:53 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Lasith Malinga the short-term solution for Kent

Quote:
Kent have secured the signature of Sri Lanka World Cup star Lasith Malinga on a short-term deal.
The 23-year-old paceman will join the county for three weeks as replacement for South Africa all-rounder Andrew Hall, who has international commitments.
Good move by Kent

Telegraph
Old August 2, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

i hope the rains stay away from the county of kent and wherever they play for the remaining part of the summer. would love to see makinga in action.
Old August 4, 2007, 09:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Tim Boon interested in Indian coaching job

another name goes in to the hat
Old August 4, 2007, 09:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Kent take Twenty20 in thrilling final

I did not enjoy this years 20/20,lots of game was abandoned in group stage due to the weather.
Old October 30, 2007, 05:31 AM
BC Editorial Team

New South Wales v Queensland Shield match yesterday. Qld made 467 and NSW replied with 601 for 8 decl (Katich 306).

Queensland captain Jimmy Maher didn't like it that NSW did not declare early. So on the final day he refused to stop the match early even though it was certain to end in a draw.

Queensland declared late in the day, setting NSW a target of 265 in 8 overs, and Maher then forced NSW to bat the eight overs.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/aust...ch/298318.html
Old October 30, 2007, 05:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

That was really stupid for an Aussie
Old November 2, 2007, 04:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Two-day board meeting concludes in Dubai
ICC seeks WICB inquiry into Samuels matter
Cricinfo staff
October 31, 2007

ICC has asked the West Indies board to investigate the bookie connections against Marlon Samuels and submit a report by January 31 © Getty Images

The ICC has asked the West Indies board (WICB) to investigate the alleged bookie connections against allrounder Marlon Samuels, which were raised by the police on West Indies' tour of India in February 2007.
After receiving a report from its anti-corruption and security unit, the ICC asked the WICB to submit the results of its investigations by January 31, 2008. The ICC said that the report contained allegations that Samuels indulged in "inappropriate activity" and behaved in a manner that was "prejudicial to the interests of the game of cricket".
On February 7, the Nagpur police had charged Samuels with sending team information to Mukesh Kochar, an alleged bookie, on the eve of the first one-dayer in Nagpur on January 21. At the time, Samuels defended himself and said he had known the man for many years and he was a family friend. The ICC allowed Samuels to take part in the World Cup and beyond, pending a final assessment.
Julian Hunte, the WICB president, told the Daily Nation that the board would have to look at the matter very closely, as it was a delicate issue. The WICB will submit its report to an official enquiry, comprising Code Of Conduct commission Michael Beloff, QC, and two other Code Of Conduct panel members not connected with West Indies cricket.
© Cricinfo
Its really sad to read this kind of news.This Bookies people wont give up on cricket