facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 9, 2006, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Default One step at a time

Bangladesh used to be a crap side, but Bashar could bat a bit, and Rafique was useful.

Then came the game against Australia in Cairns.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and Mashrafe and Rafique were both useful.

Then came the game against the West Indies at St Lucia.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and the tail could wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Mashrafe and Rafique were both useful.

Then came the Test against India in Chittagong.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid has talent, and the tail could wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Mashrafe and Rafique were both useful.

Then came the Test series win against Zimbabwe.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, but they showed heart, and Bashar could bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid had talent, and the tail could wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Mashrafe and Rafique were both useful, and that Haque Jr kid could bowl you out on the right sort of pitch.

Then came the tour of England.

After that, Bangladesh were a crap side, and if you take it easy against them they can beat you, because Bashar can bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid can destroy you, and that Nafees kid has talent, and that Aftab kid has talent, and the tail can wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Mashrafe and Rafique were both useful, and that Haque Jr kid can bowl you out on the right sort of pitch.

Then cames Australia in Bangladesh, and it was ...

Bangladesh are an inconsistent side, and if you take it easy against them they can beat you, and if they're on their day they can beat you, because Bashar can bat a bit, and that Ashraful kid can destroy you, and that Nafees kid has talent, and that Aftab kid has talent, and the tail can wag, and Mashud's a good keeper-batsman, and Mashrafe and Rafique were both useful, and that Shahadat kid can rip through the top of the order and that Haque Jr kid can bowl you out on the right sort of pitch.

Old April 9, 2006, 05:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

i love it! the return of "one step at a time". the best part about it is that most of those players have the suffix 'kid'. shows you the real strength of our team, youth. and by youth i dont mean people in their mid twenties. our team is full of world beaters who just turned men.

Edited on, April 9, 2006, 10:58 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old April 9, 2006, 05:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Oh Ian you missed Srilanka and Kenya tour.
Old April 9, 2006, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Ian
Man you are more fanatic then me. I believe in evry word u utter but do not have the conviction like you to say it so怀loud
Old April 9, 2006, 06:00 PM
Club Cricketer

Nice observation Ian.
Old April 9, 2006, 06:01 PM
Club Cricketer

BTW u missed the Multan test against PAK
Old April 9, 2006, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

LeeXU,

I also missed the England tour of Bangladesh in '03, that was a lot closer than it looked.

The two most heartbreaking defeats - Multan and Dhaka - both took great innings by great batsmen to deliver the win.

Ian
Old April 10, 2006, 07:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
LeeXU,

I also missed the England tour of Bangladesh in '03, that was a lot closer than it looked.

The two most heartbreaking defeats - Multan and Dhaka - both took great innings by great batsmen to deliver the win.

Ian
IanW, you are playing Mr. Good Guy here. Always trying to say pro-Bangladeshi things. I have been noticing this for a long time. Be realistic and that will be more helpful to the Bangladeshis.

Bangladesh is really coming up now but you need to be frank with them and tell them what they lack, instead of just telling them fairy tales.
Old April 10, 2006, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Antiger,

*giggle*

Find the original 'One step at a time' post.

Check the date stamp.

And then find where, in Bangladesh's results since that, including the ... whats that phrase the media are using for the last two days, a yeah thats it ... "fairy tale" two days against Australia, I have been guilty of excessive optimism.

Ian Whitchurch
Old April 10, 2006, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Would some one at the foreign desk take note of this gentleman Ian Whitchurch and give him an honorary green passport?
Old April 10, 2006, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Man, could please be kind enough to introduce yourself once again where are you from? Are you a Bangladeshi? If not, how do you know so much about BD? Can a non-BD person says so much about bd? I am stunned. I wish I was the government of BD so that I could award you a bd passport (of course if you are not from bd and interested to get one only).

Thank you so much for such a nice post.
Old April 10, 2006, 03:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

Mr Ian Whitchurch i am a big fan of you......u rock mate...can not agree more..may i ask where you from?
Old April 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

eh? i dont know whats all the fuss about. ian is a cricket fan, and he already explained why he chose bangladesh as the team he cheers for. he was impressed by our show at cairns. but more than that, our team is the youngest one out there with bundles of talent. this team will be very exciting to watch in the coming days. who wouldn't watch a team rise from the ashes and become world beaters.

but aside from that, ian has indeed been an inspiration on this board. thats how a fan's mindset should be. always positive, ever optimistic. we're not critics, we're fanatics.

p.s. you can be optimistic AND reasonable.
Old April 10, 2006, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

No, it hasnt been always optimistic.

I've had to hose people (ie Alok fans) down on occasion. And the diatribes against the fat, useless alleged all-rounder of an ex-captain.

Ian Whitchurch
Old April 10, 2006, 04:52 PM

Ian, I was curious abt the original thread. Unfortunately I think its lost on the forums, and has probably been purged. The search engine here couldnt find it

But nice post: Shows our improvement very candidly 'one step at a time'
Old April 10, 2006, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Ian, I was curious abt the original thread. Unfortunately I think its lost on the forums, and has probably been purged. The search engine here couldnt find it

But nice post: Shows our improvement very candidly 'one step at a time'
Check the original Ian classic.

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=329

If you want to know what else we have published from him - go to the articles page from the main menu and then click on the authors link on the left nav bar.
Old April 10, 2006, 05:16 PM

Thanks Zunaid Bhai. Puts a perspective on this thread. Its Truly nice to see the list getting longer. Maybe Rajin will be in next
Old April 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

so Ian you are an Australian....nd also a supporter of BD cricket ( frm ur posts it seems so) ....nd u also mentioned in one of ur posts tht u like to support the underdogs..... who r u supporting in this series ? australia or bangladesh?

BTW ur posts r all very logically written nd hence a treat to read.....
Old April 10, 2006, 08:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Master Blaster

what was the point of your big lecture?

do you want to say something?

Please say it loud, don't put puzzles, haven't got much time for that.
Old April 10, 2006, 08:03 PM

IanW, I love this piece from you, I loved it long ago you wrote it, and I love it now too. It's feel like a sweet poem of BD cricket history. This enthusiastic piece could a treasure for BD team, fan and BanglaCricket forever, and I like to see this piece on in some other cricket web site too, they may love to put it on for it's uniqueness and BD's enthusiasm performance ( someday soon i hope ). So you should keep the copyright intact.

Please add those missing series like Pak ( in Pak ), Eng and SL ( in BD ), and make it perfect. I am sure this piece will remain as
treasure in BanglaCricket forever.