facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 16, 2004, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Default the hard reality

It was good to read the enthusiastic posts of some of my Bd brothers. But the hard reality is Bd is long way away from international standard. They were easily outplayed by WI and thats the hard reality.

Old May 16, 2004, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

another cool_rockus?
Old May 16, 2004, 04:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

you are no Bangladesh fan. Or you wouldn't make such a blind sweeping comment!

PS: I will be watching you.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by pompous]
Old May 16, 2004, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Default truth is hard to grasp

i am a as good a bangladeshi fan as anybody and tats why i can criticise openly. truth is hard to grasp. Cheers!
Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
you are no Bangladesh fan. Or you wouldn't make such a blind sweeping comment!

PS: I will be watching you.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by pompous]
Old May 16, 2004, 04:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

And what is your remedy? strip Bangladesh of test status? ODi status? lets hear it!
And how did you exatly reach your conclusion about the state of our cricket. What recent performance convinced you?
Old May 16, 2004, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
And what is your remedy? strip Bangladesh of test status? ODi status? lets hear it!
And how did you exatly reach your conclusion about the state of our cricket. What recent performance convinced you?
well take the recent ODI for instance. Bangladesh was thoroughly outplayed. Dont get fooled by the margin. The difference in the standard of the bowling is quite evident. And lets not forget WI is "supposed to be" the worst side in internatioal cricket save Bangladesh.
Cheers:P
Old May 16, 2004, 05:35 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

You forgot Zimbabwe there. I guess by your logic, England is also one of the worst sides in world cricket since they recently had to bend over backwords to draw the ODI series (2-2) against WI. Check out the series

Look, the only people I know who think Bangladesh sucks are most outsiders and some Bangladeshis who have seriously no idea about our strenghts or the ones who thought Bangladesh will start winning matches as soon as they got a test status. They were obviously dissapointed by the results and blame the team for not fulfilling their naive expectations.

We here judge the team by their growth and potential. I expected the team to do badly in the two matches and was pleasently surprised by our bowlers. We knew that it will take time for us to get to that stage.

If you follow carefully, you can easily see that one solid (and we have had those) performance in either of the last two matches could have turned the series around.
Old May 16, 2004, 05:38 PM
Test Cricketer

the truth is...we are not good enough for Oneday game.......oneday is more batsmen game....and we dont have Oneday batsmen.....if we play 5 matches series agaist kenya....we will lose the series.

...but i m hopeful about test Cricket......if our batsmen shines in both innings....we may able to draw/win atleast one test match in this series
Old May 16, 2004, 06:12 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default We just need more physical players

gayer jor dorkar...
Old May 16, 2004, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

I'll tell you what the hard reality is.

[Mod:hard reality image deleted; funny but]

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Zunaid]
Old May 16, 2004, 06:26 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
It was good to read the enthusiastic posts of some of my Bd brothers. But the hard reality is Bd is long way away from international standard. They were easily outplayed by WI and thats the hard reality.
Our bowling is very good these days, its our batting that is below international standards, some of our guyz batting techniques are horrible and they seem to lack power to crash the ball in to the boundary. Everybody has been raving about Rana, even though he scored 33n.o, am not impressed with his batting technique at all, soon he will only stay in the team because of his bowling. Like I said before, every single batsmen that have played for Bangladesh so far will never score a double ton. I thought Sarkar was a possibility but I would like to say he aint gonna do it as well, now ad love to be proved wrong. Everytime a new batsmen emerges I look forward to seeing him in action, in the hope that he is the finished article, but so far no luck. Lets see what Faisal Hossain has to offer. All the players should try and get their physique like Rajin Saleh so it gives them a bit more power. Enamul Hoque Jr is the player for me, I have predicted he will become a legend, now am just wating for a Bangali batsman who I can say the same about.
Old May 16, 2004, 06:39 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
gayer jor dorkar...
gayer jor dia ki hobe common sense na thakle
Old May 16, 2004, 09:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by reverse_swing
Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
gayer jor dorkar...
gayer jor dia ki hobe common sense na thakle
They have common sense but their abillities are limited. I got bored of watching Rana and Sarkar trying in vain to hit the ball past the boundries, if they had more strength then some of these unintended shots might have reached the boundary. Ha,ha,ha then little Mashud comes along and hits a reverse sweep that nearly went for six, if it did it would have been only the second reverse sweeped six in ODI's after Jonty Rhodes hit, thats what they said on Sky. No seriously guys we need big hitters the only one we got is Rafique
Old May 16, 2004, 10:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Well lets see

How many fours did WI hit =4

Bangladesh=3

sixes

WI=2
Bang=0

But those 2 sixes were becuase Smith is known for hitting as his career strike rate is 105.82

You see cricket is as they say 'you miss i hit'

And this is what happened .
Had rana caught smith when he was in 30s

and if smith had dropped those wonderful catches he took we would have easily beaten WI.

But that was the difference between the two teams .They had Smith !

very soon we will have our own Smith and then we will in matches .

[Edited on 02/08/80 by Emad03]

[Edited on 02/08/80 by Emad03]
Old May 16, 2004, 10:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default batsmen

berrera mentioned rajin's physique...i saw a pic on this site of rajin chillin with the others, and he does have a good physique. indeed others should lift wieghts as he does.

i am really dissappointed but still hopeful about our batsmen...i still think that rajin saleh and mohammad ashraful will carry this team for at least the next ten years. many times when they fail as today, it is after the top order have us in a horrible position...at this time the psychological pressure to turn thigns around may be to great for these youngsters...i think solid openers would automatically fix our middle order problem. rana and sarkar it should be.
Old May 16, 2004, 11:02 PM
Cricket Legend

hey it's not like the west indians are all scoring centuries either, are they?

chill baby....
Old May 16, 2004, 11:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Emad03

You see cricket is as they say 'you miss i hit'

is not it Micheal Holding's dialouge???
Old May 16, 2004, 11:35 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
well take the recent ODI for instance. Bangladesh was thoroughly outplayed. Dont get fooled by the margin. The difference in the standard of the bowling is quite evident. And lets not forget WI is "supposed to be" the worst side in internatioal cricket save Bangladesh.
lets go line by line:
# Bangladesh was thoroughly outplayed.
- Lets make one thing clear to myself first. u are talking about cricket, right? not football or something like that? because in terms of cricket, the reality is just opposite. a quick stat, there have been only 5 odi's so far where the win was by one wicket. that means, whever a team takes 9 wicket on second innings, 99.99% times, they win. just spend some time on the stat of last 5 odis bd play. i've a feeling that u really did not do your homework before posting.

#The difference in the standard of the bowling is quite evident:
-again, i'm confused. evedence of what? we took more wicket on the first odi than they did. rana-rafique-sujon's bowling doesn't show anything to distinguish from wi bowlers.

#And lets not forget WI is "supposed to be" the worst side in internatioal cricket save Bangladesh.
- reading this, i'm very much convinced that u are talking about football. WI, the worst side of cricket. they are passing through the worst TIME of their cricket, but even with that, they can compete and snach win against anyteam in the world.

"... bd way far from internation level"? really? i see them playing and fighting in internation level right now.

if u are to defend your theory, u have to do it by logic and using stat. wanna give it a try?
Old May 17, 2004, 02:06 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
The difference in the standard of the bowling is quite evident. And lets not forget WI is "supposed to be" the worst side in internatioal cricket save Bangladesh.
West Indies is not the worst side in the world. If you say things like that, then I'll say that AUSTRALIA IS THE WORST SIDE IN THE WORLD :P (Alright, that was a joke, so don't bother to agree/disagree with that).

About the stats as to why West Indies is NOT the worst side in the world - yes, they are a far weakend team than they used to be during the 60s, 70s & 80s, plus when you see them losing to Zimbabwe 2 ODIs only recently in Zimbabwe (By the way, West Indies lost 7 of their 24 matches played against Zimbabwe, since the year 2000, and also WI did not lose to ZIM before 2000), however, they have come back and beaten the same Zimbabwe side in the next 3 matches in a row to win the ODI series.

There are some other stats, like only recently, Bangladesh's games are becoming close matches than ever. Earlier, Bangladesh used to get smashed by the same teams for below par and we used to wonder oh, when will Bangladesh become a little more competitive? And now the current team is, a lot more competitive than its entire cricket history suggests.

So I recommend, BangladeshFan, that you are living in the world of 1990s when Bangladesh was like that.
Old May 17, 2004, 02:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

yeah, probably banglafan is in his forties and do not have much time to follow cricket step by step. Banglafan, we are coming, just need a bit strong batting mindset
Old May 17, 2004, 03:32 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Physical Age is not a matter, I believe there are some members here who are around or more than 40, but still more optimistic than (even) I am about this current Bangladesh team.
Old May 17, 2004, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Quote:
lets go line by line:
# Bangladesh was thoroughly outplayed.
- Lets make one thing clear to myself first. u are talking about cricket, right? not football or something like that? because in terms of cricket, the reality is just opposite. a quick stat, there have been only 5 odi's so far where the win was by one wicket. that means, whever a team takes 9 wicket on second innings, 99.99% times, they win. just spend some time on the stat of last 5 odis bd play. i've a feeling that u really did not do your homework before posting.

#The difference in the standard of the bowling is quite evident:
-again, i'm confused. evedence of what? we took more wicket on the first odi than they did. rana-rafique-sujon's bowling doesn't show anything to distinguish from wi bowlers.

#And lets not forget WI is "supposed to be" the worst side in internatioal cricket save Bangladesh.
- reading this, i'm very much convinced that u are talking about football. WI, the worst side of cricket. they are passing through the worst TIME of their cricket, but even with that, they can compete and snach win against anyteam in the world.

"... bd way far from internation level"? really? i see them playing and fighting in internation level right now.

if u are to defend your theory, u have to do it by logic and using stat. wanna give it a try?
thanks for the reply and also to someother who have replied in different manner. The thing is I said last ODI not the last 5 ODIs -->so that solves it. Secondly I do rate Rafiq and Rana good left armers for ODIs but when you talk about bowling standard you mean the whole line up. In terms of fast bowling strength Bangladesh is still way below them. We dont have a good offie or leggie either.

Thirdly WI is indeed the worst side in the world if you exclude BD and the present Zimbabwe of the league. All the other sides are ahead of WI and have won ODI series there(and yes everyone is winning test series there as well, can you ever imagine Bd doing remotely close?).

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2004, 04:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Come on Man....

The west Indies team has a test history of 80 yrs while BD has entered in the 4th year.

we are not thinking that BD is gonna be no 1 team with 5 or 10 years. what we want is gradual improvement which will be consistent for next years to come.

the current WI team is worst compared to any WI team in the past.

I dont know what will happen to the WI team when Brian Lara retires.

And talking about bowling.....
yes Tino Best and Edwards are performing well in the carribeans .....we will see how they perform when they visit Pakistani,India or Srilanka.

The current WI team doesnt even have a good enough spinner. Gayle is a part time spinner.

WE do have Rafique & Rana in our side.

Rafique is vastly experienced spinner & have always proved his quality for the last 1 years.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by nasifkhan]
Old May 17, 2004, 07:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Default hard reality is our batsmen are irresponsible

This is insane..I didnt expect
them to win but what is this...loosing
wkts like you playing to prove you can
play(!) glamourous shots...
why you have to frek'n glance
or pull or square cut when you
can't do it...why rana and musfiq
scores 25...with one four..why not