facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 18, 2012, 09:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

I thought this kind of extremism was just limited to Arabs / Pakistanis.. but then again religious extremism can corrupt anyone. "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion" Steven Weinberg

Old October 18, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
It's bullcrap. Why couldn't FBI keep him under close watch to see if he ever did establish a legit plot? This is like leaving a bag full of money out in the streets to see who is going to try to steal it - and then arrest them. Is the kid an idiot? Sure... But his idiocy was turned to a plot by the Feds.
The justice system needs proof to put someone away for a long time. He is definately a danger to the society because of his ideology and his eagerness to use him as a suicide bomber if need be. Sure this was an entrapment but it was necessary as there are cases in the past of terrorist going under the radar. Also it cost tax payers money to keep an eye on individual like this 24/7....
Old October 18, 2012, 09:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
There is an element of entrapment here...but the key factor was this kid seeking out the contact, they then simply gave him enough rope to hang himself.
I guess this is legal and well supported in USA to trap someone for intended terrorist activity as long as they are Muslim jihadi suspects. So, FBI doing great job here to keep the homeland safe.
Old October 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Why all these extremist idiots always fall for the hate preaching morons? Why can't they listen to the more moderate "scholar''? Even though I am not religious but the world would be a far better place if muslims were actually following the likes of Hamza yusuf or Nouman Ali khan (I have met both these ppl) instead of ridiculous clerics like Anwar Awlaki who was also brainwashed towards the end of his life.
Old October 18, 2012, 09:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Why all these extremist idiots always fall for the hate preaching morons? Why can't they listen to the more moderate "scholar''? Even though I am not religious but the world would be a far better place if muslims were actually following the likes of Hamza yusuf or Nouman Ali khan (I have met both these ppl) instead of ridiculous clerics like Anwar Awlaki who was also brainwashed towards the end of his life.
Agree
Old October 18, 2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
I guess this is legal and well supported in USA to trap someone for intended terrorist activity as long as they are Muslim jihadi suspects. So, FBI doing great job here to keep the homeland safe.
Tbf the FBI has history of this...they've busted white supremacists in this manner before.
Old October 18, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Wait a minute...

Is this the FBI's standard operating procedure? Find a seemingly loner-type Muslim kid and lure him into buying into fundamentalist Islamic ideologies, provide him with all the assistance necessary to plot an attack and then arrest him when he obliges? What in the proper fu*k? I hope I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with this picture...
Perfectly pointed out.....looks to flawed procedure to me.

If you go by this way, you can lure almost every (99%) human being into some kind of crime...I don't think that should be way, law enforcement works...you can use baits to catch established criminals, but not to lure a first timer into it...
Old October 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Wait a minute...

Is this the FBI's standard operating procedure? Find a seemingly loner-type Muslim kid and lure him into buying into fundamentalist Islamic ideologies, provide him with all the assistance necessary to plot an attack and then arrest him when he obliges? What in the proper fu*k? I hope I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with this picture...
That's actually bullshit.... need to change. But I guess it's more likely that ppl who have already been brainwashed and are committed about doing terrorist activities are the ones they are "aiding".
Old October 18, 2012, 09:57 AM
Banned

A much more common occurrence of this is...undercover female officers walking around in red light districts and bars...egging guys on, going back to hotel rooms and busting the perps once money has exchanged hands.
Old October 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
A much more common occurrence of this is...undercover female officers walking around in red light districts and bars...egging guys on, going back to hotel rooms and busting the perps once money has exchanged hands.
Any personal experiences?
Old October 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend

If you wait till he gets hold of actual explosive than u put peoples lives at risk...

Nuclear proliferation by AQ Khan was only possible because of this wait and watch policy....
Old October 18, 2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Any personal experiences?
Nothing but...it was a gay bar to boot. Got away with diplomatic immunity
Old October 18, 2012, 10:19 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
All over the news here. Federal Reserve Bank is only 10 mins away from where I work. Everyone is kinda under alert. Very bad for Bangladeshi and overall Muslim community in general here. As I said before, Bangladeshis always had good reputation in New York as hard working easy going people. Starting from taxi drivers, food vendors, city employees, accountants, doctors and businessman, Bangladesh have developed a good image over the decades. This one act is a huge blow to that image. BD Govt and Media should go very deep and find out all his associations and connections. This can't happen again.
This has damaged our image and that's really bothering me. I know how hard some Bangladeshi families over here work, how much they struggle just to survive. Over the years they have built a reputation of hardworking, peace loving community. This is indeed a huge blow for us. We all have to face the consequences for this man's stupidity..
Old October 18, 2012, 10:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
This has damaged our image and that's really bothering me. I know how hard some Bangladeshi families over here work, how much they struggle just to survive. Over the years they have built a reputation of hardworking, peace loving community. This is indeed a huge blow for us. We all have to face the consequences for this man's stupidity..
Yeah agree. But NY is home to more than 50k (my assupmtion is 70k) Bengalis. From colleges like BMCC, La Guardia, and other CUNYs, to Jackson Heigths to Jamaica, Astoria, Parkchester, Ozone Park, Brooklyn, everywhere there is a huge presence of us. Heck, I even think Jackson Heights is home to every single 'shomiti' from every single district and subset too e.g. Dokkhin Comilla, Uttor Komilla etc..

Now, its up to rest of us to continue the good work and contribute to the welfare of the city and society we live in. We all have to act in good will and speak out against this horrible act and at the same time makes sure this never happens again. One thing to note is that this kid is not a New Yorker rather had his brainwash in Dhaka. Can't blame the NY Bengali community for that.
Old October 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Test Cricketer

who the **** is this fellow? I can't believe someone from Dhaka could dare such a dangerous plot.

desher man ijjot pura maira dilo.
Old October 18, 2012, 10:59 AM
Banned

He's from upper middle class Jatrabari
Old October 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
He's from upper middle class Jatrabari
Near to 'Shonir Akhra' ... ??
Old October 18, 2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
18 October 2012 Last updated at 15:16 GMT

Suspect's father says New York bomb plot charge 'false'

Quazi Nafis' father believes his son is innocent
Continue reading the main story Related Stories
The father of a Bangladeshi man accused of plotting an attack at the New York Federal Reserve has told the BBC the allegations are "totally false".

Speaking from his home in Bangladesh, Quazi Mohammad Ahsanullah said his son was "totally innocent".

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, was arrested after he allegedly attempted to detonate what he thought was a 1,000lb (454kg) bomb.

There was no public threat, officials said, as he had been closely watched.
Mr Nafis arrived in the US on a student visa in January, purporting to be studying in Missouri, authorities said.

'Victimised'

He was charged on Wednesday with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and plotting to provide material support to al-Qaeda.
Continue reading the main story
Quote:
I am now requesting the Bangladeshi government to bring my innocent son back to the countryā€¯
Speaking to the BBC's Anbarasan Ethirajan in Bangladeshi capital Dhaka, the suspect's father said he had been told about his son's arrest earlier on Thursday.

"He is completely innocent. He went to the United States only to study. Not to do any kind of activity. He is my only son," Mr Ahsanullah said, adding that Mr Nafis was very shy.

Breaking down repeatedly as he spoke to our correspondent, Mr Ahsanullah said his son had spoken to his mother almost every day over Skype.

"I am 100% sure that he had no contact with anybody. He has been victimised.

"I haven't had any contact with my son since yesterday. I am trying to contact. I don't know how to do it. I am now requesting the Bangladeshi government to bring my innocent son back to the country."
More in BBC
Old October 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
Banned

^Well you wouldn't expect him to say anything different. I feel for him, you can;t blame the parents for this...this really isn't about bad parenting or not being watchful.

But his appeal to the government is completely misplaced and useless. I don't prescribe to the theory that the american justice system is near on perfect(the innocence project and the scary number of innocents wrongly executed are proof enough) not to mention the way the authorities have gone about things since 9/11, but his son IS NOT INNOCENT.

He might be a simpleton, he might be easily manipulated and he is obvious a massive douchebag, but he isn't innocent.
Old October 18, 2012, 11:30 AM

Not sure what does his father mean by 'totally innocent', 'had no contact with anybody', as well as 'victimised'. To me as it seems he meant everything just short of saying all are made up, isnt it? Rather, I think his father should immidiately go to US embassy in Dhaka and talk to them whaever he knows about his son and his company. Keeping in touch with US embassy would rather be helful for his son I guess.
Old October 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Not sure what does his father mean by 'totally innocent', 'had no contact with anybody', as well as 'victimised'. To me as it seems he meant everything just short of saying all are made up, isnt it?
oi je bollam naa....that's a grief stricken father, who is in denial. Completely natural. It'll slowly dawn on him, we're all worried about the big picture, and perceptions, think about that family

Sister is a doctor, father with a successful career...you send your son to study in America, and he is now known around the world as a terrorist.
Old October 18, 2012, 11:38 AM
Test Cricketer

feel for the family but not for the idiot....there is no place for him in our society...
Old October 18, 2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
oi je bollam naa....that's a grief stricken father, who is in denial. Completely natural. It'll slowly dawn on him, we're all worried about the big picture, and perceptions, think about that family

Sister is a doctor, father with a successful career...you send your son to study in America, and he is now known around the world as a terrorist.
Actually I wrote that post before I saw yours , and yes I agree with you and understand your point. It must be unbearable for the parents.
Old October 18, 2012, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Not surprised. As I've mentioned on a different thread, I prescribe to the daal-bhaat theory - we do have extremists amongst Bangladeshis, but give them their afternoon rice and they'll go to sleep and not bother. Burning US flags, flooding the streets with banners in support of Osama on Friday afternoons are all pre-rice eating activities. Most of these extremists are all hype and no action, especially when rice hits tummy and eye lids shut.

But of course, as the converse of the law of averages would suggest, out of all the lazy nap-loving extremists, there will always be one or two who will break the shackles of the bhaat-effect and actually make an attempt to act.

Anyways, send this idiotic douche to Guantanamo and let the other inmates take care of him. What a sore loser.
Old October 18, 2012, 11:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Don't take this "victim" thing seriously. Haven't yet met family member of one criminal who didn't think their child was victimized and was innocent. The idiot should pay for what he did/ was doing.. and LOL at asking BD government to bring him back. He is IN the US and caught as a potential bomber.. BD government can't do jackshit even if they wanted to (which I dont think they will be foolish enough to even try)