facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 27, 2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar
Default BPL and The Health of Our Old Mammah.

We are already overwhelmed with the conundrums of BPL and its grandiosity. Twenty five foreign players are ready to be auctioned on the soil of BD, a Dubaiwala is ready to buy a BPL team, etc. etc. and every day, more and more are coming to Banglacricket. Anytime, we see something interesting and important on the magic boxes, on the mesmerising palm boxes and on the print media, we run, don’t tumble, to Banglacricket to post it with our endless love for BC and for the innocent joy of sharing with our good friends. This is good news for us indeed; for all the BD cricket lovers and BD lovers around the globe. But my worries are about the health of our old mamma – I mean the economic impulse of her.

Some may say FagunerAgun has gone crazy, some may say give him a freezy to calm down, some cautious people may say this is a winter time, others may say freezies have no time.

Well, I say then, let me finish this write up with my ‘decreasing capacity’, as I have so many problems with their uniquely marginalized and mighty soliloquy because of my old themed poor English. But my endless genuine love for my old mamma and her cricket makes me keep on writing here, may be until my happy death given that I will still be alive and well here.

Now, let me go back to the topic and explain why I am worried. I am worried because in the sub-continent, when so much money flies and so much charisma blinds people in a cricket league, then comes up inevitable greed and corruption that we ably observed in noisy IPL and ICL.

So my worries are:

1. BCB may unwillingly tangle up in a money losing contract like the one with Nimbus.
2. Corruptions and greed may fork through the whole league.
3. The foreign currencies in return of the of poor people’s body bags, may fly out of the country again.
4. Some big and foxy corrupts are waiting to practice the same that they did in The Dhaka Stock Exchange.
5. Poor and inefficient sports and entertainment management may bring more humiliation.
6. The regional teams may not have proper management and marketing tools to increase their sustainable revenue growth.

I hope and pray that BPL will be a success, these will not happen in a catastrophic level. But a kid tumbles and hurts before it walks firmly. If it is true in this case, then our old mamma will be thrown out on the same old, dirty rugs and the foxes will run away with the money while the poor people are still languishing for having good meals for their kids.