facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old October 3, 2005, 10:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Same 'ol explanation. Nothing going on in the Cricket world. Out of boredom ....

Old October 4, 2005, 10:04 AM
Cricket Sage

This vaguely whining about decreasing "Quality of Thread" really confuses me. What is considered junk to one can be treasure to others.

This website has a guideline for members to follow, and lots of moderators (and some members already complained that we may have more than what we need) to monitor. Moreover we have "report button" to repots abusers to mod.

This site is about BD cricket fans. Like our country, it consists of different type of people in-terms of social status, economic status, physical location, age group, intellectual taste, sense of humor, level of tolerance to controversial ideas, religious faith, political affiliation, cultural orientation, etc. The quality of some threads can be perfect for our taste, some below and some above our head. And that should be perfectly ok as long as we are not breaking any rules set-up by the moderators. And that’s what makes this site vibrant and interesting and full of ideas. Personally I don’t want to see 1000 more robot Fazals writing in this site about the same thing, with the same point of view, agreeing all the time. Then why bother to come to this website and waste my time, instead of talking with myself in the mirror?

Having said that, I realize we all have room for improvement, so that we can present our thoughts more presentable way and easy to understand by others. So what we can do about that? Here are some of the ideas:

*) Add more to “Good Practice guideline” to message board rules

*) Add “Rate the thread” by other users to give feedback to “thread initiator” instead of personally attacking him with a reply, “What a stupid thread it was”. Also people who are very sensitive about the quality of the thread can avoid those lowly rated threads.

*) Add capability for a user to block/filter by “thread” or “by user (who created the thread).”

Personality, I don’t have any problem with the quality of thread. Usually nature take care of itself. However I feel, if we believe that there is a problem with the quality of the thread, instead of just plain complaining and whining, we should be more constructive and proactive by helping the mods and the owners (of this website) with some specific ideas about how we can improve the quality.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comment.
Old November 25, 2005, 03:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

This post might be out of topic,
Just a thought... can we have a section in this forum about tech support. Example... computer related help.
Old November 25, 2005, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

the Support Forum.
Old November 26, 2005, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
This vaguely whining about decreasing "Quality of Thread" really confuses me. What is considered junk to one can be treasure to others.

This website has a guideline for members to follow, and lots of moderators (and some members already complained that we may have more than what we need) to monitor. Moreover we have "report button" to repots abusers to mod.

This site is about BD cricket fans. Like our country, it consists of different type of people in-terms of social status, economic status, physical location, age group, intellectual taste, sense of humor, level of tolerance to controversial ideas, religious faith, political affiliation, cultural orientation, etc. The quality of some threads can be perfect for our taste, some below and some above our head. And that should be perfectly ok as long as we are not breaking any rules set-up by the moderators. And that’s what makes this site vibrant and interesting and full of ideas. Personally I don’t want to see 1000 more robot Fazals writing in this site about the same thing, with the same point of view, agreeing all the time. Then why bother to come to this website and waste my time, instead of talking with myself in the mirror?

Having said that, I realize we all have room for improvement, so that we can present our thoughts more presentable way and easy to understand by others. So what we can do about that? Here are some of the ideas:

*) Add more to “Good Practice guideline” to message board rules

*) Add “Rate the thread” by other users to give feedback to “thread initiator” instead of personally attacking him with a reply, “What a stupid thread it was”. Also people who are very sensitive about the quality of the thread can avoid those lowly rated threads.

*) Add capability for a user to block/filter by “thread” or “by user (who created the thread).”

Personality, I don’t have any problem with the quality of thread. Usually nature take care of itself. However I feel, if we believe that there is a problem with the quality of the thread, instead of just plain complaining and whining, we should be more constructive and proactive by helping the mods and the owners (of this website) with some specific ideas about how we can improve the quality.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comment.
This is the single-most brilliant and constructive post I have read so far about how to beahave on these forums.

I am also thinking about posting more good practice guidelines (not rules). I might even quote this post by Fazal when I do that.