facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2010, 11:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
BDFlag Urgent request to our Hon. PM Sheikh Hasina, "Please fire that Lotus Kamal Scumbag from BCB and the AL party"

This is my humblest request to the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladeh, Netri Sheikh Hasina - Please fire that unfit, unprofessional, power-monger Lotus Kamal from Bangladesh Cricket Board and from the Bangladesh Awami League Party. My dear Hon. PM, I am saying this to you, keeping him in the Awami League is equivilant to giving the AL party membership to a convicted Razakkar. Please dear PM, listen to us, I am just a begger on the street, but a citizen of your nation, and I respect, honor and love you.

Bangladesh Cricket forever! Joy Bangladesh and joy Bongobondhu's spirit!

Last edited by bujhee kom; January 23, 2010 at 05:12 PM..
Old January 23, 2010, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

kamal lotus must gone ,
Old January 23, 2010, 11:32 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I agree with You Bhujee bhai but will Hasina read out post?
Old January 23, 2010, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Shakib al hasan has done more for bangladesh than mr lotus kamal ,
Old January 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Shakib al hasan has done more for bangladesh than mr lotus kamal ,
Yes Shakib has done lot more than Insane Kamal for Bangladesh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 23, 2010, 01:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Here is DS article: Good one

Best is just not good enough

Architect Dr. Nizamuddin Ahmed
The retort by the Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan at last Friday's bonus-giving ceremony is not becoming of a true sportsman. It lacked humility, one of the prime traits of any person engaged in sports. That is one of the important lessons of sports that people try to emulate in real life. If your president cannot rebuke you Shakib, who can, who will?
Even on that occasion money was being given. If your integrity was under a question mark, there could have been deductions. There was none.
In no paid job, doing your best is enough. Results matter and make the difference. Your limitations is known and understood. Your lack of application (read attitude) is not. Defeat in the hands of India at Chittagong was not painful. Your integrity in trying was.
If you cannot understand good advice, if you cannot take criticism, then it boils down to you getting bonuses when you do well, and we have to shut up when you do not.
The famed Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar, commentating on the Test match in his column in this daily, has also pointed out our players' lack of commitment, while in the same breath appreciating Mahmudullah Riyad and Mushfiqur Rahim, and even the all-rounder-ship of our skipper, that is you Shakib. So you three in the team think you deserve the high kudos, but if someone no less than the BCB president wants you to do better by pointing out your failures, you raise your hand and say that no one should question your integrity, that you are doing your best, that no one wants to lose.
Dear Shakib, this is world-level cricket. You are representing a country. From a child to a ninety-plus years old Bangladeshi, from a pauper to a prince, they all look up to you. You are supposed to give your best, which clearly all of you did not, as again some of you showed.
Yes the board president could have chosen different words. Of course, it could have been a different forum. However, every board president censures a failed performance; look at the West Indies. Every cricketer in the world is lacerated by the country's journalists; look at India. Nowhere after a defeat by more than one hundred runs, a captain stands up to defend. Had you and your teammates defended that well in the match, if not win against Sehwag & Co., we might as well have drawn it for sure at Khudiram's Chattagram.
That is the kind of spirit with which a match should be approached. Bring in history, culture, the rivers, the sufferings, the pain, the hope, the people... Cricket is not about someone bowling and another swinging and missing all ends up, or someone giving it a good whack. To play consistently well you have to be beyond a cricketer, you have to garner every element in life and society that makes you a cricketer.
Humility is a virtue of man. If your performance and present world standing made you stand up and protest what many of us feel was a reprimand in good spirit, then Sachin Tendulkar would still have been captain, he could have asked to be the chief selector, he could very well demand to be the BCCI president, and consider seriously being a candidate for the Indian premiership; more people know his name than they do that of Manmohon Singh.
Calm down Shakib! Let your bat and ball do the talking. Every cricketer worth his salt has done so in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Yes Shakib has done lot more than Insane Kamal for Bangladesh.

Old January 23, 2010, 01:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: SRT,Ash,Saki,dhoni,drvid

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123

The retort by the Bangladesh skipper Shakib Al Hasan at last Friday's bonus-giving ceremony is not becoming of a true sportsman. It lacked humility, one of the prime traits of any person engaged in sports. That is one of the important lessons of sports that people try to emulate in real life. If your president cannot rebuke you Shakib, who can, who will?
Even on that occasion money was being given. If your integrity was under a question mark, there could have been deductions. There was none.
In no paid job, doing your best is enough. Results matter and make the difference. Your limitations is known and understood. Your lack of application (read attitude) is not. Defeat in the hands of India at Chittagong was not painful. Your integrity in trying was.
If you cannot understand good advice, if you cannot take criticism, then it boils down to you getting bonuses when you do well, and we have to shut up when you do not.
The famed Indian cricketer Sunil Gavaskar, commentating on the Test match in his column in this daily, has also pointed out our players' lack of commitment, while in the same breath appreciating Mahmudullah Riyad and Mushfiqur Rahim, and even the all-rounder-ship of our skipper, that is you Shakib. So you three in the team think you deserve the high kudos, but if someone no less than the BCB president wants you to do better by pointing out your failures, you raise your hand and say that no one should question your integrity, that you are doing your best, that no one wants to lose.
Dear Shakib, this is world-level cricket. You are representing a country. From a child to a ninety-plus years old Bangladeshi, from a pauper to a prince, they all look up to you. You are supposed to give your best, which clearly all of you did not, as again some of you showed.
Yes the board president could have chosen different words. Of course, it could have been a different forum. However, every board president censures a failed performance; look at the West Indies. Every cricketer in the world is lacerated by the country's journalists; look at India. Nowhere after a defeat by more than one hundred runs, a captain stands up to defend. Had you and your teammates defended that well in the match, if not win against Sehwag & Co., we might as well have drawn it for sure at Khudiram's Chattagram.
That is the kind of spirit with which a match should be approached. Bring in history, culture, the rivers, the sufferings, the pain, the hope, the people... Cricket is not about someone bowling and another swinging and missing all ends up, or someone giving it a good whack. To play consistently well you have to be beyond a cricketer, you have to garner every element in life and society that makes you a cricketer.
Humility is a virtue of man. If your performance and present world standing made you stand up and protest what many of us feel was a reprimand in good spirit, then Sachin Tendulkar would still have been captain, he could have asked to be the chief selector, he could very well demand to be the BCCI president, and consider seriously being a candidate for the Indian premiership; more people know his name than they do that of Manmohon Singh.
Calm down Shakib! Let your bat and ball do the talking. Every cricketer worth his salt has done so in the past.

murgir guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old January 23, 2010, 02:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I might not like what the author of the DS article had to say.
But i surely loved his writing. I found his writing ability pretty impressive.
It was a well done piece.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 23, 2010, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:

drivel deleted for brevity

What a load of bullshit this article is. Each and every sentence can be riposted with ease.

Humility being the prime trait of a sportsman? Oh puhleeeez, the days of namby pamby aristrocrat cricketers are long past. You cannot be great if you are not arrogant.

If integrity was a question there would have been deductions? Wait, did you actually read Lotus's comments? Synapses not connecting there? Lotus did question the integrity.

Why should Shakib calm down? Dr Architect sir, you yourself agree that the Board president could have chosen different words or different forum, yet you chose to chastise Shakib? What about Lotus mama?

Calm down Shakib? I think he was eminently calm and correct in his response.

"To play consistently well you have to be beyond a cricketer, you have to garner every element in life and society that makes you a cricketer." What kind of meaningless psychobabble is this?

To design consistently well you have to be beyond an architect, you have to garner every element in life and society that makes you an architect. See, I can play the game too...
Old January 23, 2010, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Dr Architect sir,
So I'm not the only one who flinched when he saw the guy's name prepended with the "Architect" title.
Old January 23, 2010, 02:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Shakeeb is lucky that he is still in the second test as Captain and Kamal did not fire him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
What a load of bullshit this article is. Each and every sentence can be riposted with ease.

Humility being the prime trait of a sportsman? Oh puhleeeez, the days of namby pamby aristrocrat cricketers are long past. You cannot be great if you are not arrogant.

If integrity was a question there would have been deductions? Wait, did you actually read Lotus's comments? Synapses not connecting there? Lotus did question the integrity.

Why should Shakib calm down? Dr Architect sir, you yourself agree that the Board president could have chosen different words or different forum, yet you chose to chastise Shakib? What about Lotus mama?

Calm down Shakib? I think he was eminently calm and correct in his response.

"To play consistently well you have to be beyond a cricketer, you have to garner every element in life and society that makes you a cricketer." What kind of meaningless psychobabble is this?

To design consistently well you have to be beyond an architect, you have to garner every element in life and society that makes you an architect. See, I can play the game too...
Old January 23, 2010, 04:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: See my avatar

Once you doubt somebody's integrity, their trust can never be regained. Everytime BD lose now a player's integrity will be questioned. The players will play in every game knowing even a genuine mistake will be questioned as lack of integrity. That is just adding additional pressure on them.

Appraisal's happen in all forms of employment,but they happen far away from the media glare, If the BCB president is un happy with the performance of the cricketer it should have been discussed in a closed forum as any employer would do.

Journalists world over lacerate (???) over cricketer's becasuse they are paid to write articles. They are arm chair critics just as fans are and fans all over the world also complain when their team does poorly and are over joyous when their team does great. That is not the same as the head of the cricket board questioning.

It shows Bangladesh cricket in a very poor light when the Bangladesh Cricket board is the one that should be looking at making it look better.
Old January 23, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalsri
Once you doubt somebody's integrity, their trust can never be regained. Everytime BD lose now a player's integrity will be questioned. The players will play in every game knowing even a genuine mistake will be questioned as lack of integrity. That is just adding additional pressure on them.

Appraisal's happen in all forms of employment,but they happen far away from the media glare, If the BCB president is un happy with the performance of the cricketer it should have been discussed in a closed forum as any employer would do.

Journalists world over lacerate (???) over cricketer's becasuse they are paid to write articles. They are arm chair critics just as fans are and fans all over the world also complain when their team does poorly and are over joyous when their team does great. That is not the same as the head of the cricket board questioning.

It shows Bangladesh cricket in a very poor light when the Bangladesh Cricket board is the one that should be looking at making it look better.
Absolutely!
Old January 23, 2010, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
This is my humblest request to the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladeh, Netri Sheikh Hasina - Please fire that scumbag Lotus Kamal from Bangladesh Cricket Board and from the Bangladesh Awami League Party. My dear Hon. PM, I am saying this to you, keeping this scumbag in the Awami League is equivilant to giving the AL party membership to a convicted Razakkar. Please dear PM, listen to us, I am just a begger on the street, but a citizen of your nation, and I respect, honor and love you.

Just kick this guy out please.This guy is an insane.Insane Kamal.

Old January 23, 2010, 11:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

I know most of the fans here will disagree with me but I disagree with you.
Someone in the authority need to spank these cricketers, some of these fools will never learn. Even though Kamal outburst in a wrong forum but I think this should have been done. Whatever comments he made, I can not agree more. We do not expect our team to win every match but they should show their professionalism. I got frustrated when I saw players playing flashy shots when they are supposed to occupy the wicket. They way that Rahim, Shahadat, SN, Ash, Kayes got out are "criminal acts" considering the game situation. These guys are doing these again and again. This is a disappointment for the whole country and embarrassment as well.

Sorry folks, I am not BAL supporter but had to share what I thought, might not agree with all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
This is my humblest request to the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladeh, Netri Sheikh Hasina - Please fire that scumbag Lotus Kamal from Bangladesh Cricket Board and from the Bangladesh Awami League Party. My dear Hon. PM, I am saying this to you, keeping this scumbag in the Awami League is equivilant to giving the AL party membership to a convicted Razakkar. Please dear PM, listen to us, I am just a begger on the street, but a citizen of your nation, and I respect, honor and love you.

Old January 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
We do not expect our team to win every match but they should show their professionalism. I got frustrated when I saw players playing flashy shots when they are supposed to occupy the wicket.
Then help them by arranging more FC matches for them, not by cutting down on the number of games in the NCL. If one is going to talk the talk, he should also walk the walk to back it up.
Old January 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

এই সুতা হল সতীনের কাছে দুঃখের কাহিনী বলার মত।

A few days ago, our state minister for land was reprimanding ভুমি-দস্যু। Some of them were present in the function and one of the doshshu intervened the minister's speech and said, "Just today morning my son talked with Sheikh Hasina." So, there you go, the PM needs the money of the looters to remain on the chair, her state minister is clueless and can't carry out his duty because he cannot give her the money those looters can give.
Old January 23, 2010, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul

A few days ago, our state minister for land was reprimanding ভুমি-দস্যু। Some of them were present in the function and one of the doshshu intervened the minister's speech and said, "Just today morning my son talked with Sheikh Hasina." So, there you go, the PM needs the money of the looters to remain on the chair, her state minister is clueless and can't carry out his duty because he cannot give her the money those looters can give.
ঠিক বলছেন
Quote:
#আবদুল জলিল গোয়েন্দাদের জানিয়েছেন, শেখ হাসিনা দেশের প্রথম সারির ব্যবসায়ীদের কাছ থেকে নিয়মিত চাঁদা আদায় করতেন। মুখোমুখি জিজ্ঞাসাবাদে সাবেক এফবিসিআই’র সভাপতি আবদুল আউয়াল মিন্টুও তা স্বীকার করেন। যেসব ব্যবসায়ীর কাছ থেকে শেখ হাসিনা নিয়মিত চাঁদা নিতেন তাদের মধ্যে উল্লেখযোগ্য হচ্ছেন­ সাবেক এফবিসিসিআই’র সভাপতি ইউসুফ আবদুল্লাহ হারুন, এপেক্স গ্রুপের কর্ণধার ও তত্ত্বাবধায়ক সরকারের সাবেক উপদেষ্টা মঞ্জুর এলাহী, বেক্সিমকো গ্রুপের কর্ণধার সালমান এফ রহমান, বসুন্ধরা গ্রুপ, লোটাস কামাল প্রমুখ। ব্যবসায়ীরা সরাসরি শেখ হাসিনার হাতে চাঁদার টাকা দিতেন# link
Old January 23, 2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:

These are not verified news or anything other than gossip, land looters son talked with Hasina doesnt mean she is taking money from them. State minister seems to be trying hard with RAJUK too, you can read in today's Ittefaq.

http://ittefaq.com.bd/content/2010/01/23/news0211.htm
Old January 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
These are not verified news or anything other than gossip, land looters son talked with Hasina doesnt mean she is taking money from them. State minister seems to be trying hard with RAJUK too, you can read in today's Ittefaq.

http://ittefaq.com.bd/content/2010/01/23/news0211.htm
My source was Prothom Alo. This appeared like two weeks ago.
Old January 24, 2010, 11:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
My source was Prothom Alo. This appeared like two weeks ago.
Yea; But you did not or Prothom Alo did not put the reply of state minister. He said "So what?". I heard it from one who was present at the meeting and I think it was also reported.
Old January 23, 2010, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

guys, I'm not bangladeshi but still it hurts me a lot to see shakib humiliated in front of everyone like this. this lotus guy can't be good for BD cricket, get rid of him ASAP.

today is a black day in cricket.
Old January 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
guys, I'm not bangladeshi
what are you sylhet?
Old January 23, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
what are you sylhet?
Im sylheti, thats why I struggle to understand everyone banglish.

Quote:
kemon ascho?
WTF!!! does that mean
Old January 23, 2010, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Im sylheti, thats why I struggle to understand everyone banglish.
YOu struggle to understand bangla not bacacue you are sylheti but because you are a murkho. (see now you will never know what I just called you, the power of bangla)

(i hope this is not a repeat post, I got distracted first time and closed the window)