facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2008, 02:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Ash interview on his Meditation course

All Credit goes to Raheel who posted it on the Meditation thread

Very good read, Ash sounded really smart Some really interesting notes and hen is siddons going to take the course? SN should visualize every teams as Zimbabwe or Australia

Quote:
(Mohammed Ashraful, captain of the Bangladesh national cricket team completed the Quantum Method Meditation Course in the 272nd batch. He spoke about his feelings in Alokaion this Tuesday, June 18. Here is a translated and shortened version of what he said for all you cricket lovers out there.)

I was supposed to do this course a long time ago. After I was selected for the Bangladesh cricket team my cousin advised me to do this course. Later after my brother Mostaq Ahmed Shipon did the course in the 267 batch he told me to do the course also. My performance had not been that good recently. He said he believed this course would help me become a better player.

I asked him to tell me about the things that were discussed in this course. He said ‘if you set a goal and believe you will be able to break all the records you want.’ I laughed. I had heard all this ‘positive thinking’ stuff before.

But finally I agreed to do the course in spite of having to miss four days of training. I liked everything Gurujee said in these forty hours. He did not say a single negative thing in the four days.

I think this is what we need most, because we Bengalis say too many negative things. For example I was made the captain because of my good performance in domestic cricket. But after my form fell people started saying that I shouldn’t have been made the captain because I was too young. I began having doubts myself. I was considering leaving the captaincy. I thought my supporters might love me like they used to if I quit.

Then a friend said I should look at my captaincy as a big opportunity and enjoy it instead of putting so much pressure on myself. I realized all these negative thoughts were doing me no good. Instead of thinking about how to play better I was wasting my time by thinking useless things. So I again started thinking that I can. I told myself I have performed well for Bangladesh in the past. After that, I did better, although my normal game has not come back yet.

I think with the meditation/visualization techniques I learnt in the course I will play better. In 2003, when the Indian team came to Bangladesh, I had a talk with Sachin Tendulker. He told me that the night before a match I should close my eyes and visualize for two minutes how I wanted to play the next day. I took his advice and scored 158 not out the next day. I broke the record of 145 of Aminul Islam Bulbul bhai.

But unfortunately we often do not continue things. If I had continued I might have played better. But now that I have learnt so many techniques I will try to continue and keep in touch with the foundation.

The thing I liked best was monchobi or mental image meditation; because I think we Bengalis have very small dreams. The Bangladeshi cricketers do not dream of becoming top ranked world cricketers, all we want is to play a little better in a match. Although all of us say we want to, in reality we think we won’t be able to compete with others.

For example, before we won against Australia, I had played very badly in the test match. In the one day match against England I got out in the first ball. During the match against Australia, I was very tense. I knew I won’t be allowed to play in the next matches if I performed badly in that match. The selector and captain gave me a lot of support, but I kept thinking ‘I will make 0, 1, or 2 today and carry water the next four days.’

Then Shahriar Nafis told me ‘Why don’t you think of this match as your first match?’ I said ok and decided to try to stay at the wicket as long as I could. After 20 to 30 overs Bangladesh was about to win the match and I was going make a century.

My whole life changed in three hours. Three hours ago I was a burden to the team, three hours later, I was a hero. Everyone, including the Australian players was patting me on my back, congratulating me.

This happened because I believed. I had changed my trend of my thought. I decided to concentrate on what was within my control instead of what wasn’t.

I think everyone should take part in this course. I will help them to create a new life for themselves.

I will try to do many things in the future. Please pray for the Bangladesh team. Inshallah we will play well in the future. I know Quantum has the dream of making Bangladesh one of the ten greatest nations on earth. I am happy that we are already one of the top ten nations in cricket. I think that with hard work, belief and your prayers the Bangladesh cricket team will one day be the best in the world.
http://www.quanfey.org/content/pages/focus2.html

Last edited by cricman; June 20, 2008 at 02:15 PM..

Old June 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Very interesting read. We have watched how jayasuriya transformed himself with the help of meditation. It will be very interesting time to follow Ashraful's performance in the coming series
Old June 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

it's good to see A Bangladeshi finally realizing the importance of taking care of himself...not just blame or praise external factors but to recognize the power within...
Old June 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

this is very groovy! cricman bhai, you always bring out the good stuff! and of course thank you the most raheel bhai!
habfreak bhai, i very much agree with what you said!

Last edited by bujhee kom; June 21, 2008 at 03:14 PM..
Old June 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dear Ashraful,
Captaincy is not that easy matter. Man management and student of the game can make a person a very good captain. For man-management talk to Shujon, Bashar on how then handled diversity. An Islamic course on how to treat another human being can be very very helpful.

And for being a student of the game. Watch films on how great captains set their fields and make moves when they are in tight spots. The Computer Analyst can be your best friend. Also before playing on any ground make sure you watch how great performers performed in that ground previously.

Making adjustments on the fly would benefit the team. One must know what things need to adjust first. So study loads of tapes of oppositions and relative shots.

As for the game, playing for the fans is not a good concept. Play for yourself, your team and your country.
Old June 20, 2008, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dear Ashraful,
Captaincy is not that easy matter. Man management and student of the game can make a person a very good captain. For man-management talk to Shujon, Bashar on how then handled diversity. An Islamic course on how to treat another human being can be very very helpful.

And for being a student of the game. Watch films on how great captains set their fields and make moves when they are in tight spots. The Computer Analyst can be your best friend. Also before playing on any ground make sure you watch how great performers performed in that ground previously.

Making adjustments on the fly would benefit the team. One must know what things need to adjust first. So study loads of tapes of oppositions and relative shots.

As for the game, playing for the fans is not a good concept. Play for yourself, your team and your country.
good thoughts, mijan bhai.

right now his batting is up and down, mostly down, and hence his captaincy is rigid and static. if the batting holds up, we'll see an increase in captaincy ingenuity.

ash and the others have to find the balance of playing within your natural game. that means you have to cut risks, by only taking calculated risks which are based upon the game situation. playing out 90 balls just to score an unbeaten 50 in and of itself is defeatist and does no good. play that way to adjust to checking your attacking instincts is good. but there are times when you have play an aggressive knock with a few risks. minimizing that as much as possible is what you have to do.

fasting and namaaz are meditative acts which bring that spiritual aspect of the game. 90% of sports is from the head up, we've been told over and over again.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 20, 2008, 03:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thank you Asaad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
... 90% of sports is from the head up, we've been told over and over again.
That is why our five grand masters can truly help these young boys focus on the mental aspect of the game. BCB needs to help out the chess foundation and get consulting from the best strategy makers in our country.
Old June 20, 2008, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

everyone can't stands first.
Old June 20, 2008, 04:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

ahhh... Ashraful said something very important. "bengali's don't dream big!!"because we reenforce the ideology of a minnow into our life. so we think other race/englishmen/whatever are far advanced and superior to us. how can we think like that when all bounty/reward is with allah and every human are all the children of Adam?

truth is, bengalis are not the only to blame, sometimes these ideas are inserted into us by racist people, and sadly we accept them. and certainly we are not the only victim of racism...

Last edited by Rifat; June 21, 2008 at 10:33 AM..
Old June 20, 2008, 11:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

er agea commando training nilo monobol barabar jonno, kichui hoi nai.....eiber meditation training....eiber dekhi kichu hoi ki na.......
Old June 21, 2008, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Ashraful becomes Islamic
Relief ambassador

Staff Correspondent

National cricket captain Mohammad Ashraful the humanitarian efforts of Islamic Relief as its ambassador. Islamic Relief, well known throughout the world for its humanitarian activities during natural disaster and conflicts. In the 2007 cyclone Sidr the organisation provided humanitarian assistance to more than a million affected people.
Islamic Relief is an international development organisation founded in 1984 in the UK and it provides opportunities to the extreme poor population by initiating income generating activities and skill development training

Just thought that I should mention this here.
I really dont know what his role will be and how busy he is playing cricket.
Old June 21, 2008, 09:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Ashraful becomes Islamic
Relief ambassador

Staff Correspondent

National cricket captain Mohammad Ashraful the humanitarian efforts of Islamic Relief as its ambassador. Islamic Relief, well known throughout the world for its humanitarian activities during natural disaster and conflicts. In the 2007 cyclone Sidr the organisation provided humanitarian assistance to more than a million affected people.
Islamic Relief is an international development organisation founded in 1984 in the UK and it provides opportunities to the extreme poor population by initiating income generating activities and skill development training

o.k.

now i am hoping this guy scores a century and 2 fifties at least in every tour.

SHABASH
Old June 21, 2008, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

nice.. now lets keep a track on ash's performances over the next few serieses and see what happens.. whether or not it works.. sarting with the asia cup..
Old June 21, 2008, 09:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

ash is going right direction and earning at least my respect...

All started from Jamal...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 21, 2008, 10:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
er agea commando training nilo monobol barabar jonno, kichui hoi nai.....eiber meditation training....eiber dekhi kichu hoi ki na.......
it had some influence for half a year then it faded away...
how can you be so quick to forget our victory over west indies(RRR was over 8.0 per over, but alhamdulillah, we pulled through anyways, and Ashraful's 70 off 57 deliveries in New Zealand)
Old June 21, 2008, 11:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Ashraful becomes Islamic
Relief ambassador

Staff Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
ash is going right direction and earning at least my respect...

All started from Jamal...
good find zain apu! agree with you akabir77 bhai, this is indeed a good direction for ashraful as a role model or just the human himself!
Old June 21, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Ashraful becomes Islamic
Relief ambassador

Staff Correspondent

IR is run by primarily Pakistanis. They are a NGO working in the field of Relief. They are in no way involved in any sort of religious activities.

Good to know that, but it really does not mean that he is becoming religious. They will primarily try to raise fund through their goodwill ambasadors.

So don't get confused.
Old June 21, 2008, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I dont think it has much to do with religion bcse Ash never said anythng religious.
But whatever he's doing he's doing it for himself as a crckter,he's doing for his team his country & all crc fans.
So, its great to see that atleast he's trying so many things to bring a change.
Who knows maybe few days later he will be doing Judo or Kung Fu (lol:just kddng)But he is trying so g.luck to him.
Old June 21, 2008, 12:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
ahhh... Ashraful said something very important. "bengali's don't dream big!!"because we reenforce the ideology of a minnow into our life. so we think other race/englishmen/whatever are far advanced and superior to us. how can we think like that when all bounty/reward is with allah and every human are all the children of Adam?

truth is, bengalis are not the only to blame, sometimes these ideas are inserted into us by racist people, and sadly we accept them. and certainly we are not the only victim of racism...
We are no less racist!!!
Old June 21, 2008, 01:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Enough of all these talks.

First, its destitution, then the meditation probably with some medication in order for salvation and retribution.

I want to see his transformation.

Or else, we'd be stuck with our imagination.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
it had some influence for half a year then it faded away...
how can you be so quick to forget our victory over west indies(RRR was over 8.0 per over, but alhamdulillah, we pulled through anyways, and Ashraful's 70 off 57 deliveries in New Zealand)
man, moner shokti not gayer shokti..moner shokti jodi thakto tahole shea NZ er shathe 100 marto......aro koyekta 100 marto vibinno doler shathe......ashrafuler shomossa hoilo shea udash mone cricket khele, think kore na je takea ki korte hobe.....25-30 run korlei....emnei catch tuila dei.......60-80 run korlei.same jinish.......
Old June 21, 2008, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
good find zain apu! agree with you akabir77 bhai, this is indeed a good direction for ashraful as a role model or just the human himself!
Both and as a cricketer too. he is doing every thing to have his game up which he should have started like 2 years ago. anyway better late then never.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 21, 2008, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

So he meditates now? This gets funnier by the minute.
Old June 21, 2008, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
So he meditates now? This gets funnier by the minute.
Even funnier are the fans who grasp at straws.

Perhaps watching the "Love Guru" would be part of JS's coaching game plan?
Old June 21, 2008, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Make some runs against UAE and others. That's all. I don't really care what he does in his personal time.