facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 28, 2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
let dhaka warriors take over the national team position. i see a much better performance.
A combo could be way better!

Old November 28, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i don't think that ireland or zimbabwe will pose us a problem. they will get smashed in BD, and in their home turfs, would win the odd 4 day match.

our players have somehow managed to get beyond the pre-2003 hump. they can now beat minnows they way they should. that have that psychological mind set. i mean if sakib is taking 5 fers in south african green tops, what would he do to zimbabwe or ireland even if the track has no turn? its not like he's a turner of the ball anyways.

the batsman can all bash minnows pretty much. even ash would enjoy the run fest. after average below 20 against minnows for the first 6 years of his career. he's turned it up since 2006 kenya tour. he averages about 50 in ODIs against non-test nations in the past 2 and half years. add in tamim, junaid, raqib, and rahim. i don't think the associates could handle us for more than a few sessions.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

the way ZImbabwe bouncing back against Lankan's gets me to ponder:

can we beat Zimbabwe, not just beat them but beat them in all the matches we play next?

then again in our own backyard, with Rasel, Ash, Mortaza, Razzak, Naeem, Tamim, Junaed, Rahim, Mehrab Jr., Shakib on form, MIrpur Stadium and Chittagong Stadium, Fatullah(yes, the pitch plays a HUGE role for our recent success in our backyard),it is a different Bangladesh .

i applaud Shakib for his "virtual test hattrick", too bad batsmen failed AGAIN and i applaud myself for not wasting my time and actually getting some work done in this thanksgiving break i have instead of following "third day test horrors"
Old November 28, 2008, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i don't think that ireland or zimbabwe will pose us a problem.
Yeah, if there's anything we do right, it's bashing the bleep out of minnows. Bangladesh has minnow-bashers aplenty; for example, SN's exit was followed by Mehrab's entry into the team, so there's not much to worry about.
Old November 28, 2008, 09:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Yeah, if there's anything we do right, it's bashing the bleep out of minnows. Bangladesh has minnow-bashers aplenty; for example, SN's exit was followed by Mehrab's entry into the team, so there's not much to worry about.
i take it back, i don't think the associates would beat us in the odd 4 day match. i think they would draw many matches, but i doubt they could be us. they would have to play out of their skin to put up enough runs and bowl us out inside 350 overs.

even if they don't lose wickets, i find them not scoring against sakib, razzak, or robin in a 4 dayer. they would use up 2 whole days just to score 400 runs if they don't lose wickets.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 28, 2008, 10:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Reading the Match reports It seems if the Review System was in place Saffers would have been gone for a Sub 300 Score. It seemed Raqibul and Ash finally got used to the conditions (This is where not having a 3rd Tests Hurts) but it was Asinine running and Direct Hit day that ruined the day.

I think it be better if the fans took a few days off, worry about M&M when they touchdown @ Zia.
Old November 28, 2008, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i take it back, i don't think the associates would beat us in the odd 4 day match. i think they would draw many matches, but i doubt they could be us. they would have to play out of their skin to put up enough runs and bowl us out inside 350 overs.

even if they don't lose wickets, i find them not scoring against sakib, razzak, or robin in a 4 dayer. they would use up 2 whole days just to score 400 runs if they don't lose wickets.
Exactly - our batsmen may be hopeless, but they won't need to score much as our bowling is much too strong for teams like Zimbabwe - especially our spinners.
Old November 29, 2008, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

bangladeshis are cowards.

so typical. no one stood up at all.

even i could do better; batting with my wrong hand, without a helmet on, sporting a broken rib.
Old November 29, 2008, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkrulz
bangladeshis are cowards.

so typical. no one stood up at all.

even i could do better; batting with my wrong hand, without a helmet on, sporting a broken rib.
Typical response from a Bengali fan. How about you go try out for the national team rather than yak off at them mindlessly?
Old November 29, 2008, 05:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe
Default its a mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Typical response from a Bengali fan. How about you go try out for the national team rather than yak off at them mindlessly?
Do you seriously consider this "yaking"...after 8 years of utter incompetance and embarassment, rape of national pride, ripping the fabric of youth and all those who support a NATIONAL team?

Do u seriously consider that the frustrations of millions of fans all across the globe who feel the same way is somehow mindlessly heckling some "talents"?

Do you seriously consider the lack of fundamental skill and cricketing INTELLIGENCE lacking in our players, much less our captain? Forget about winning games, the lack of spirit, or sportsmanship, patience, or simply some sensible knocks is absurd.

Do you seriously consider that BD cricket is in any shape or form going in the right direction?

This is not about "typical" bengali anything. What needs to be "atypical" is the response we get from our players who represent the NATIONAL side. This is not a club sport. There is blood, pride, hearts and minds in this game. The rape of such a sport by neanderthals is unforgiving.

The answer is not "go pick up a bat and you do it genius"...we are not supposed to be inspiring the players, we are supposed to be inspired BY the players...this is by far the last stray of bad performances and helpless heartbreaks.
Old November 29, 2008, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

bouncer khaite khaite mori gelaam, aar bounce back kora hoilo naa......!
Old November 29, 2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
bouncer khaite khaite mori gelaam, aar bounce back kora hoilo naa......!
Our players needed to ask, "Which hurts more? Bouncer or humiliation in the hands of opposition?"

Had their answer was humiliation, bouncer wouldn't have caused any trouble or pain at all.
Old November 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

i have a plan and a dream.....

i am going to design and build a long rectanguler room where there will be a rocket propelled bowling machine pitching balls at 250 miles per hour. i will lock in one BD batsman at a time for an hour inside my torture room and pray on my tasbih while they get shot in the face by the 250 mph balls. some will simply die in the process and some will come out alive looking like bloody steak in a butcher shop! after three months of doing this 7 days a week i can come up with a good batting team i reckon!~ if any batsman just goes inside the room and hunch up at a corner and think he can get by without facing the balls for an hour and he is safe....think again...video monitoring will isolate them and they will be taken to a second ordinary room(not designed by me) where i will be waiting for them with a very old rusty NUT-CRACKER and my evil laughter......hooooahahahaaaaaahhaaaa!!!!!

Last edited by bujhee kom; November 29, 2008 at 10:48 AM..
Old November 29, 2008, 10:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

*Thinks bujhee kom needs another 6 months in the psychiatric ward*
Old November 30, 2008, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't intend to try out.
Old November 30, 2008, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholCholBD
Do you seriously consider this "yaking"...after 8 years of utter incompetance and embarassment, rape of national pride, ripping the fabric of youth and all those who support a NATIONAL team?

Do u seriously consider that the frustrations of millions of fans all across the globe who feel the same way is somehow mindlessly heckling some "talents"?

Do you seriously consider the lack of fundamental skill and cricketing INTELLIGENCE lacking in our players, much less our captain? Forget about winning games, the lack of spirit, or sportsmanship, patience, or simply some sensible knocks is absurd.

Do you seriously consider that BD cricket is in any shape or form going in the right direction?

This is not about "typical" bengali anything. What needs to be "atypical" is the response we get from our players who represent the NATIONAL side. This is not a club sport. There is blood, pride, hearts and minds in this game. The rape of such a sport by neanderthals is unforgiving.

The answer is not "go pick up a bat and you do it genius"...we are not supposed to be inspiring the players, we are supposed to be inspired BY the players...this is by far the last stray of bad performances and helpless heartbreaks.
Cut down on the adjectives mate - you sound like some emo-maniac. DO YOU SERIOUSLY expect a team that changes players every second game to have any chance in the international arena? DO YOU SERIOUSLY think that Bangladeshi players are good enough to play anywhere outside home conditions? They're kids - they can't learn something in one or two matches. It's clear they're not up to it. They weren't taught your "fundamental skills". Either they should quit playing tests until they learn to handle the pressures of the international arena, or they improve rather slowly while still being humiliated by tough opposition. Take your pick. In the end, it's not your decision.

Quit complaining and expecting dreams to come true. You're just going to have to wait like the rest of us. Or alternatively, you can save yourself your emotional heartbreaks and stop following them until they become your dream team. And this time, it's your decision.
Old November 30, 2008, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Cut down on the adjectives mate - you sound like some emo-maniac. DO YOU SERIOUSLY expect a team that changes players every second game to have any chance in the international arena? DO YOU SERIOUSLY think that Bangladeshi players are good enough to play anywhere outside home conditions? They're kids - they can't learn something in one or two matches. It's clear they're not up to it. They weren't taught your "fundamental skills". Either they should quit playing tests until they learn to handle the pressures of the international arena, or they improve rather slowly while still being humiliated by tough opposition. Take your pick. In the end, it's not your decision.

Quit complaining and expecting dreams to come true. You're just going to have to wait like the rest of us. Or alternatively, you can save yourself your emotional heartbreaks and stop following them until they become your dream team. And this time, it's your decision.
It amazes me how a person that is so pragmatic can have so many posts on a bangladeshi cricket forum.
Old November 30, 2008, 05:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkrulz
It amazes me how a person that is so pragmatic can have so many posts on a bangladeshi cricket forum.
I'll take that as a compliment.