facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 6, 2018, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Can Steve Rhodes turn Soumya's form around? That would be such a massive boost before WC.
Litton, Soumya and Anamul have the same issues which are poor footwork and bad shot selection. From what I have seen from out players it is very difficult to correct footwork of players so dont think any coach can help these three in that aspect. I hope Anamaul is done and dusted as he seems not fit for international cricket. I think Soumya needs to be replaced by another younger player.

Old August 6, 2018, 04:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Litton, Soumya and Anamul have the same issues which are poor footwork and bad shot selection. From what I have seen from out players it is very difficult to correct footwork of players so dont think any coach can help these three in that aspect. I hope Anamaul is done and dusted as he seems not fit for international cricket. I think Soumya needs to be replaced by another younger player.
Litton has a decent footwork. He may have a bit bias towards leg side. But it never a problem for him as picking runs is easy for him.

He has all shots in the book. He needs to work on the mental aspects of the game.
Old August 6, 2018, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Litton has a decent footwork. He may have a bit bias towards leg side. But it never a problem for him as picking runs is easy for him.

He has all shots in the book. He needs to work on the mental aspects of the game.
Yes he does have footwork, when the ball is on the offside he tends to move away from the pitch of the ball

But he is so 1 dimensional, just trying to hit everything on the leg side. Like all of the younger players he has mental issues I agree as shot selection sometimes tends to be poor.
Old August 6, 2018, 05:54 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Steve Rhodes need to do his job and work with Liton, Soumya, Ariful and Shabbir. If we can get at least two of these guys to play even 30s and 40s consistently it will be a huge boost to our batting and eventual run rate because all of these guys are capable of big hits. He also needs to work with Miraj, who i felt bowled great with the new ball in the odi series.
Old August 6, 2018, 06:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Is ariful really a big hitter? Hasn’t looked like it to me.
Old August 6, 2018, 06:56 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
No other reason they woukd bench Shabbir and play ariful at that position. He must have impressed during practice hits
Old August 6, 2018, 07:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Can’t help but feel zakir, afif and shanto should be getting chances.
Old August 6, 2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
He is a big hitter, proved that in last BPLs.
Old August 6, 2018, 07:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I was saying questioning the same thing. Only thing I saw him doing was rotating strike or missing the ball.
Old August 6, 2018, 07:51 AM
Cricket Sage

If anyone seen Ariful play in BPL, should have seen his big hitting capability with some decent run rate. Now that may or may not translate into playing against national teams.

We have to wait and see before making any judgement on him right now. The sample size is too small right now.
Old August 6, 2018, 08:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Techinal deficiency?

Anamul have the most, even lamen fan can see it. But he has good hand eye coordination.

SS has some technical deficiency but it can be addressed. His issues are also mental.

Litton has no technical issues that cannot be addressed or fixed. His main problem is mental and he needed some good innings like last one. His too much preference at leg side shots was a big isdue when he first came few years back, now he improved a lot. That just tells that it can be completely fixed.

Sabbir is technically good, his issue is mental and he is off form. He just need a break and sort out his mental issues outside the national team.

Arif, I don't see him the future of Bangladesh cricet, but I can see that he can be a servicable but replaceable good utility player who can contribute when the team needs him. But he deserve more time in the national team to show us how capable he is.
Old August 6, 2018, 12:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Yes. In BPL he was quite a big hitter. He came on yesterday and batted majority of the deliveries after the rain, which changed the pitch's pace and bounce.
Old August 6, 2018, 12:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Did you not watch how the wickets were tumbling in the middle period of the game lol. What is he going to do, still go at a 200 sr? Or be a bit circumspect of the situation.

And besides he ended up with a 190 sr like LOL
He can't hit when the power-play is over. He also finds it difficult positioning his shots to desired areas and just smashes on the leg-side which only works during the power-play.
Old August 6, 2018, 04:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Where is his bio?
Old August 9, 2018, 03:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
"The Test series was tough," Rhodes said. "We took a bit of a beating. But I am very proud of the way the boys came back strongly. Winning the one-dayers was something that we fancied. It was great to have achieved that. The T20s came as a bit of a surprise. We really did play well in the second and the third game. I am delighted that we have two series trophies. It was a great effort. I am very pleased for Liton [Das, who scored a match-winning fifty]. He played magnificently in that final game.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...e-steve-rhodes
Old August 9, 2018, 01:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Good to know "nindukera je jai boluk", Litton will be backed by the new coach and he will get enough chance.
Old August 9, 2018, 11:58 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

If he can find and develop 3-4 young players he will be remembered as a coach even better than Hathuru
Old August 10, 2018, 08:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

^ We are in a prime position to get some of these young batsmen. The bowling department is the weak link. Tall express is something we don't produce. Tall medium pacers with bad back and no radar are plenty.
Old August 10, 2018, 08:46 AM
Cricket Guru

I think coach also really needs to look into the overall fielding. I think it has been quite poor for some years now.

There were alot of singles given in the inner circle for my liking. The fielders dont swoop onto the ball quickly.
Old August 10, 2018, 08:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If he can find and develop 3-4 young players he will be remembered as a coach even better than Hathuru
Besides that, if he can help struggling cricketers like Soumya, Sabbir, Momin, and Mosaddek to find their feet again in international cricket, that will be huge for us.

Current core of seniors will start to go away in 2-3 years. We need next core ready to take over before that.
Old August 10, 2018, 10:48 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Besides that, if he can help struggling cricketers like Soumya, Sabbir, Momin, and Mosaddek to find their feet again in international cricket, that will be huge for us.

Current core of seniors will start to go away in 2-3 years. We need next core ready to take over before that.
The Ireland tour was a good initiative. We need more and more of such tours to help both the struggling and the new players. Mash will play the 20 odd odis we have till the WC and then he will most likely retire. I am glad Ryad has turned into such a great ODI batsman now and he will have to take the leadership role.
Old August 11, 2018, 11:22 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Already liking the guy

Quote:
"I like to play straight," Bangladesh new head coach Steve Rhodes put forward the no-nonsense approach that he wants to bring to the national side.

Rhodes in his short term with the Bangladesh national side has already shown glimpses of going beyond the usual, an approach that his predecessors hadn't really followed. In his off time with the national team - a period in which other coaches had preferred to take rest - he is set to go and follow the 'A' team

In order to gain first-hand knowledge of the cricketers in the 'A' team, Rhodes is headed to Ireland. In order to sketch a roadmap for the future, he has had several meetings in the last two days with the BCB.

The Bangladesh head coach spoke exclusively with Cricbuzz regarding his experience in his first assignment with a national team.
How has been your experience with the Bangladesh team so far?

It has been good. We had some ups and down but overall it was a fine performance by the boys (in the Caribbean), especially the way they responded in the ODIs and the T20Is after the failure in Test matches. To be honest, we need to have great character to make such a turnaround.

Do you believe everything changed after the arrival of Mashrafe bin Mortaza?

When you look at Bangladesh, Mashrafe is a fine captain. He leads by example. He is a warrior-like captain and all the guys follow him.

What about Shakib Al Hasan?

We have got Shakib as the captain in T20s and Test matches, and tactically he is a fantastic captain. All the guys respect him, the way he plays his cricket. But his cricketing brain, and particularly in T20s, is amazing. That is because he has played so much T20 cricket around the world, with so many franchises. He knows all the players and he knows the game (T20s). We are very lucky to have two very good captains.

What's your motive to go to Ireland?

It was nice that I had the opportunity to see the members of the Test team, ODI team and the T20 team. So I have now managed to look at around 20 to 22 players. When I go to Ireland, although I will see some of our players that I have looked at previously, for me it is important to know the next crop of players. Already I have seen a couple of them and hopefully, will get the chance to observe a few more in Ireland. I hope to spend some time with the 'A' team coach Simon Helmut, because if we want to have plenty of depth in Bangladesh cricket, the 'A' team needs to do well and they have done very well so far. I am very pleased and looking forward to catching up with them and see them play.

Mominul Haque scored a blazing knock in the 50-over format (182) for Bangladesh 'A' against Ireland 'A'. Is he in the scheme of things for limited overs cricket?

Mominul scored a fantastic 182 and I think that's good news for him personally and for Bangladesh because he is a quality cricketer and he has shown that he can play one-day games and that is a good sign for the future.

Will Liton Das be looked at as an option to open with Tamim Iqbal in ODIs?

He was playing well throughout the (Windies) tour but he didn't quite go on in lots of games after getting some starts. To watch him play in that final game (T20I) was amazing because when it really mattered, he played a very powerful game with good control and finesse. He showed that he is definitely a player who enjoys the big stage of a big game. To go into that match and get that man of the match award was a special thing for him and Bangladesh. So hopefully, it is a good sign for the future.

Full interview here

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...ladesh-cricket
Old August 11, 2018, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Glad to see he is not slacking out like Hathu and giving the players their due credit.
Old August 13, 2018, 08:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Serious discussion going on with Sakib in-front of "no Parking" zone...

Old August 13, 2018, 09:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^ Where is Simon with his out of the world captions?