facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 4, 2022, 12:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Predict World Cup 15

ICC will require teams to declare their squads by Aug 15 (England already declared). While Shakib will be away playing in CPL, Sriram will conduct a camp for rest of the players from Aug 10, before squad declaration.

Here is my predicted 15 -

Openers: Liton Das(WK), Soumya Sarkar, Mehedy Miraz (Sabbir can be considered backup if needed)

Top Order: Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Afif Hossain

Middle/Late Order: Mahmudullah Riyad, Sabbir Rahman, Yasir Ali, Mossadek Hossain, Nurul Hasan (VC, WK)

Pacers: Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam

Standby: Mohammad Naim, Sheikh Mahedi, Nasum Ahmed, Ebadot Hossain, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury

I would have preferred to see Riyad replaced by an younger option by now. But our pipeline failed to prepare any such alternative.

With both Miraz and Mossadek returning to the T20I team, Mahedi has become redundant, especially in AUS. He will have to improve his batting to compete with those two.

Last edited by Eshen; September 13, 2022 at 01:17 PM..

Old September 4, 2022, 01:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not really sure about Mahedi's inclusion in the team. What's his role? Batsman or bowler? He is a bits and piece player in both department. Miraz can atleast bowl properly but Mahedi, I don't get it from day one.
Old September 4, 2022, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
I am not really sure about Mahedi's inclusion in the team. What's his role? Batsman or bowler? He is a bits and piece player in both department. Miraz can atleast bowl properly but Mahedi, I don't get it from day one.
Mahedi and Nasum are exclusive for Bangladesh pitches. I also don’t understand his inclusion particularly when Mehedy plays who is a gamble.

Both have very little control of the ball. Bowling hit me balls towards the end of the innings
Old September 4, 2022, 03:11 PM
Test Cricketer

I predict as usual BCB will ask for an extension, and they will declare squad just few days before tri-series began.

Playing Mehidy as an opener means BD can afford to play an extra batter or batting allrounder and try to go hard at the power plays.

1. Opener/Liton Das
2. Opener/Mehidy Miraz
3. Shakib Al Hasan
4. Afif Hossain
5. Yasir Ali
6. Nurul Hasan
7. Mossadek Hossain
8. Saifuddin/ Nasum Ahmed
9. Hasan Mahmud/Shoriful/Ebadot/Mritunjoy
10. Taskin Ahmed
11. Mustafiz
Old September 5, 2022, 12:47 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
He is the no ball bowler..if we need to stop a record against us like fastest 100..first 300 in T20 chase we give mahadi the ball
Old September 12, 2022, 09:22 AM
Cricket Guru

So far, rumor is that no one - selectors, Sujon, or Sriram wants Riyad to continue. He is very likely get the axe unless Papon intervenes on his behalf.

A new twist - Sriram wants Liton at 4, keeping Afif at 5. He has plenty of other options in Mosaddek, Yasir and Sohan for 6-7, so no place for Riyad.
Old September 12, 2022, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

We finally have a proper opener in Liton but hey why not push him down number 4 and give more useless openers a try yet again. As if the likes of Anamul were putting the show on fire. BCB at its finest. Also, speaking about Riad, the guy is nowhere close to how he used to bat ... but let's be honest here. The 20-odd runs he is scoring (run a ball most of the time) is far better than our TikTok superstars who can't even score more than a single digit. If I was in BCB's place, I would let him be in the WorldCup squad and then tell him to call it a quit.
Old September 12, 2022, 01:49 PM
Cricket Guru

In the practice scenarios with Sriram today, Bijoy-Naim-Emon were not even in the picture. Surprisingly, Shanto showed up (then got out for a duck). Two opening pairs Sriram tried are Sabbir-Miraz on one side, and then Liton-Shanto on the another.

On Christchurch, against Pak and Kiwi pacers, I think Liton and Sabbir are the pair to go with. Think they won't dare to leave out Riyad in NZ or AUS. Riyad also has Shakib's backing.
Old September 13, 2022, 11:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Latest rumor - Nasum is getting the chop to make space for Soumya. Sriram wants a lefty opener, three candidates in consideration are Soumya, Naim, and Emon. Soumya is being preferred as he has a T20I fifty in NZ last year, selectors are expecting him to revive his form on NZ-AUS pitches. They're considering him as a death over bowling option as well.

IMO, it would have been better to leave out Riyad to make space for Soumya, but don't think that's happening.
Old September 13, 2022, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

^ picking him as a death bowler option ... Do these people know how he bowls, lol? Someone send him the video of niahadas trophy final
Old September 13, 2022, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
^ picking him as a death bowler option ... Do these people know how he bowls, lol? Someone send him the video of niahadas trophy final
Though a different format, Soumya bowled at death during recent A-team one-day matches against WI-A. He has shown good control over yorker/wide yorker during those matches, something that our other pacers often struggle with.

Mustafiz, in particular, is giving lots of headache to the team management. He has been tweaking his bowling to master inswing. But that seams to have resulted in loss of control over his line-length. He has been expensive even in practice matches, giving away wides. While they can't leave Musta out of the squad, I think they want to have as many other options as possible, while Musta sort out his bowling.

Ideally, they should go with Taskin, Hasan, and Shoriful, with Saifuddin as the fourth pacer. But Saifuddin current form (or even his form before injury break) is not assuring. Thus Soumya is coming in consideration as the fourth pacer.

There are talks about leaving Saifuddin out all together, making space for both Hasan and Shoriful to return, while Ebadot keeps his place in the squad as well. However, I don't think Shakib will again gamble on someone raw like Ebadot, if his other pacers are fit. More than likely, Ebadot will be on standby list, if both Hasan and Shoriful are fit to return.
Old September 13, 2022, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Soumya kinda like the new Imrul, constantly dropped and brought back when out of options lol
Old September 13, 2022, 01:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Anyways, pretty redundant to bring another SLA in Aus/NZ conditions when Shakib himself should suffice.
Old September 13, 2022, 01:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Soumya kinda like the new Imrul, constantly dropped and brought back when out of options lol
I think this is a horse for the track type scenario. Imrul had been a terrific ODI option to bully visiting teams at home. Similarly, since 2017, Soumya has been our best batter in T20 matches played outside Asia: https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...s;type=batting

His fifty against NZ last year pulling good weights for him.

Naim is also coming in consideration as he was our leading batter in the last T20I series in NZ (March 2021), where he had three decent knocks with good SR (127). However, I think Naim is more likely to remain on standby list for now.
Old September 13, 2022, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
We finally have a proper opener in Liton but hey why not push him down number 4 and give more useless openers a try yet again.
If you look at our T20I stats outside Asia (or Zimbabwe, or Florida's Mirpur like wicket) since 2017, Litton's stats are actually not encouraging: https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...s;type=batting

IMO, it's worth considering following batting order:

Soumya
Sabbir
Shakib
Litton
Afif
Mosaddek
Yasir
Sohan
+ 3 Pacers
Old September 14, 2022, 07:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

I would prefer Saifuddin over any other bowlers we have. Mustafiz should have been dropped.

We need to get rid of discards forever. Soumya should not be coming back. What's with this constant recycling of turds ? First Anamul, now Soumya?

Yasir ali has no T20 intl experience. Whya re we taking such a newbie to a world cup?
Shanto's batting is not impressive either. Avg of 18.50 does not strike confidence.
Hasan Mahmud's bowling has not been impressive either. A wicket a match is just not good enough in T20!

God knows who selects the team. Why is that chor Shujon still with BCB and with our team? Thsi junior godfather is like a leech and he seem to be the spokesperson for everything!
Old September 14, 2022, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Miraz and Liton should open.
Old September 14, 2022, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
If you look at our T20I stats outside Asia (or Zimbabwe, or Florida's Mirpur like wicket) since 2017, Litton's stats are actually not encouraging: https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...s;type=batting

IMO, it's worth considering following batting order:

Soumya
Sabbir
Shakib
Litton
Afif
Mosaddek
Yasir
Sohan
+ 3 Pacers
Openers are like a walking wicket for TEAM BD. Most of the time getting out within the first 3 overs. Might as well open with someone like Miraz instead of Sabbir who btw is a mystery inclusion for me. Has done nothing productive to deserve his comeback. At least with Miraz, you get that extra bowling option. Or heck, let Mahedi open, the guy is a mystery in all departments for me. Bits and pieces player - not even sure what his role in the team is.

Also Riad got the boot while Shanto was included ... who comes up with decisions like this haha.
Old September 14, 2022, 10:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Also Riad got the boot while Shanto was included ... who comes up with decisions like this haha.
They already given up hope on BD team doing anything meaningful this WC. As per Papon, their mindset moved onto building a team for 2024. So Shanto continues with his "Shikkha Sofor" (that started from Hathuru era) around the world in all formats. Staying loyal to Abahani has done wonders for him past few years.
Old September 14, 2022, 02:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Or heck, let Mahedi open, the guy is a mystery in all departments for me. Bits and pieces player - not even sure what his role in the team is.

Bowl no-balls lol.

Shanto has been useless in ODIs and tests, lets see if he has something to offer in t20s at least I guess.
Old September 14, 2022, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
They already given up hope on BD team doing anything meaningful this WC. As per Papon, their mindset moved onto building a team for 2024. So Shanto continues with his "Shikkha Sofor" (that started from Hathuru era) around the world in all formats. Staying loyal to Abahani has done wonders for him past few years.
If he gets enough chances like Tamim, Mushy, and Riad got, he will become a decent player for BD one day. May even become a bigger player than Tamim is (will be when he retires). But let's be honest, do we really have that much time to give to this guy? What Tamim and Co did for BD, that's why we are here today, at least able to dream a bit. We can't go back to the Pre-Tamim, Shakib, and co era again.
Old September 14, 2022, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Old September 14, 2022, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Bishshocup dol jeno ja khushui tai lOL
Old September 14, 2022, 08:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I am glad they had the balls to drop mullah..but I will take mullah anyday in any format over that hack shanto
Old September 15, 2022, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Shanto's main backer in the team is Sujon, his Abahani coach. Rumor is that Shakib, who was Shanto's teammate in the last BPL, opposed Shanto's selection. However, Sriram backed Sujon's choice saying Shanto plays horizontal shots well, which may come handy on a bouncy Christchurch pitch.