facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 7, 2009, 01:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Default No Pakistanis in IPL 3

Modi rules out Pakistan players in IPL 2010 - report

Pakistan cricketers will not feature in IPL 2010 as their board has failed to obtain their visas before the deadline for confirmation of participation, the league's commissioner, Lalit Modi, has said. The franchises will now have to look for replacements for the Pakistan players they had signed, he said.

"We have been informed by the PCB that they have not been able to obtain the visas as of now. So we are not able to extend the deadline," Modi told the Times Now channel. "Today is the absolute deadline for confirmation of Pakistani players [to take part in the IPL]. The exchange window [ends] the day after tomorrow.

"Unfortunately, the Pakistani players are out and they will not be allowed to take part in the next IPL because we are handicapped by the fact that the exchange window is the day after tomorrow. We are informing the teams that they now can go for the replacement of the Pakistani players."

A PCB spokesman told Cricinfo the board was in possession of all necessary NoCs and clearance letters from the Pakistan side but had not been given visas.

Pakistan are the reigning World Twenty20 champions, and several franchises had expressed their interest in signing on the country's cricketers. Five Pakistani players - Kamran Akmal, Misbah ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul and Sohail Tanvir - are already on contract with IPL teams.

Last week, it had seemed that they, and several of their team-mates, would be in next year's IPL after Pakistan's foreign ministry and interior ministry cleared them to play in the Indian league. That meant the PCB could issue the NOCs necessary for Pakistan's players to be eligible for the tournament, but the inability to obtain the visas in time meant their players will have to sit out a second successive IPL.

Pakistan's players were absent from IPL's second season, held earlier this year in South Africa, after their government did not allow them to travel to India - where the tournament was originally to be held - for security reasons. The decision came in the wake of the Mumbai attacks last year, after which relations between India and Pakistan deteriorated considerably. Eleven players from Pakistan had taken part in the first IPL, though after the Mumbai attacks, only four were retained by their franchises, though their contracts were suspended until further resolution. Razzaq was signed recently by Kolkata Knight Riders.

The PCB has been keen on getting their players involved once again after Ijaz Butt, the board chairman, raised the matter on a trip to India in October and said after that the relevant government authorities had also cleared Pakistan's players to play.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/cont...ry/438528.html

Old December 7, 2009, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

seriously...
Old December 7, 2009, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Mash 'n Ash are safe for now.
Old December 7, 2009, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
yhh but i dont think the team would want them to play
Old December 7, 2009, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
once again I need to get this question answered? was the contract for mash (and ash) for 1 season (or for 2/3). If it was just for last season they are not going back I guess....
Old December 7, 2009, 05:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

I am surprised that Pakisthan is taking this !!

I belong to the school of thought that India should not have any sporting relations with Pak until certain issues are resolved .But even I dont subscribe to this constant dilly dallying .

Either you have them or you dont but one should not humiliate them with these technicalities.

Pak (PCB) on its part need to understand that Indian govt. is in no mood of allowing them to play and keep a distance with India (or BCCI). It would do good by sacking Ijaz Butt who seems to be bending backwards to please BCCI .He needs to understand that BCCI is powerless in front of the Indian govt.
Old December 7, 2009, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Seems like not playing the IPL is the key to doing well in T20 World Cup.....Look what happnened to India! On the contrast Pakistan is the team to beat in T20s!
Old December 7, 2009, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Lot of Pakistani fan would be very disappointed i guess, good for our players though as some more players may play for other teams
Old December 7, 2009, 11:16 PM
Cricket Legend

That sucks, higher probability of seeing bangladeshi players in the ipl though they are likely to be sidelined for most of the tournament.
Old December 8, 2009, 12:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
I am surprised that Pakisthan is taking this !!

I belong to the school of thought that India should not have any sporting relations with Pak until certain issues are resolved .But even I dont subscribe to this constant dilly dallying .

Either you have them or you dont but one should not humiliate them with these technicalities.

Pak (PCB) on its part need to understand that Indian govt. is in no mood of allowing them to play and keep a distance with India (or BCCI). It would do good by sacking Ijaz Butt who seems to be bending backwards to please BCCI .He needs to understand that BCCI is powerless in front of the Indian govt.
Technicalities? It was not done all of a sudden. There was a deadline. I think the Pakistani government took too much time giving a clearance to the players, but we never heard the PCB ask for an extension till the last moment.
Old December 8, 2009, 04:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Meh..who cares.
Our players are safe, thats all matters to me.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 8, 2009, 04:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Meh..who cares.
Yo and also Shak might sneak in.
Old December 8, 2009, 07:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I think, PCB wanted this to happen but didn't want to risk doing it directly. Now they can blame BCCI for managing the players sentiments.

Shakib should be in. But there are a couple of more to enter I guess from Eng
Old December 8, 2009, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

if shak dont get a chance then it would be really disapointing
Old December 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

I hope KKR gets shakib, they are a really weak team.
Old December 8, 2009, 01:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Shakib is big guys. He will be one of the stars this IPL.
Old December 8, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
if shak dont get a chance then it would be really disapointing
Not really. Except for Chris Gayle, no Test captain actually sees T20s as anything other than a business venture. If Shak has to choose between grade 2 county cricket and IPL, I'd be happier if he went with grade 2 county cricket. T20 is poison for Test bowlers, specially for spinners. T20 will never teach a spinner to attack the batsman. And without that midset, bowling in test would be fruitless. We can not do that to our best weapon.
Old December 8, 2009, 02:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I hope Shakib is dished one more time. He badly needs the county stint. We will be visiting them soon.

I humbly request to IPL, (kinda like begging almost) please do not select Shakib for any team. He was #1 back then he is still #1. Nothing has changed. So your evaluation should not change either.
Old December 8, 2009, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer
Shakib is big guys. He will be one of the stars this IPL.
hope so..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
Not really. Except for Chris Gayle, no Test captain actually sees T20s as anything other than a business venture. If Shak has to choose between grade 2 county cricket and IPL, I'd be happier if he went with grade 2 county cricket. T20 is poison for Test bowlers, specially for spinners. T20 will never teach a spinner to attack the batsman. And without that midset, bowling in test would be fruitless. We can not do that to our best weapon.
yhh
Old December 8, 2009, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Meh..who cares.
exactly.. and more of the ICL players will be going too i guess.. likes of AK, SN, Aftab and maybe even the great Rafique.. would love to see them play in ICL

i dont care about the pakistanis though, but sad to hear this.. they would have surely made the tournament much better..
Old December 9, 2009, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
exactly.. and more of the ICL players will be going too i guess.. likes of AK, SN, Aftab and maybe even the great Rafique.. would love to see them play in ICL

i dont care about the pakistanis though, but sad to hear this.. they would have surely made the tournament much better..
lol yhh it would be great to see them
btw u mean ipl
Old December 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
Cricket Legend

errrr whatever happens with IPL or ICL...I wont hope to see our valuable boys getting easy chance while Paki players not available...rather I'd like to see BCB should think of sending important BD players to right place. I mean lets think of county cricket or other foreign reliable cricketing leagues!! why only seeking chance to play in IPL/ICL!!?? Does that really help us at all?????
Old December 24, 2009, 03:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAHID AFRIDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
Lot of Pakistani fan would be very disappointed i guess, good for our players though as some more players may play for other teams
actually lot of Pakistani fans are happy and hoping that young players like AAMIR and U AKMAL do not go any where near IPL

just see pakpassion for confirmation
Old December 25, 2009, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

the fans may be happy but the players are not.
Old December 26, 2009, 07:46 PM
BC Editorial Team

who cares?