facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2014 (Archive)

Old June 22, 2014, 07:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

CR7 has never been good in the World Cup.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old June 22, 2014, 07:10 PM
Administrator

That was so draining.
Old June 22, 2014, 07:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Portugal-Ghana would likely be an exciting draw. I think the USA would push the Germans and fight them to a draw.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 22, 2014, 07:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
That was so draining.
I could feel the stress hormones clogging up my arteries during the last 5 minutes.
Old June 22, 2014, 07:16 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
CR7 has never been good in the World Cup.
I know football is structured differently but years of following cricket as a primary sport has conditioned me to view goals for the national team, especially in World Cups, as being of paramount importance. (i.e. Couldn't care less how regularly he scores for Real Madrid)
Old June 22, 2014, 07:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I know football is structured differently but years of following cricket as a primary sport has conditioned me to view goals for the national team, especially in World Cups, as being of paramount importance. (i.e. Couldn't care less how regularly he scores for Real Madrid)
I see things the same way. There's nothing higher than the World Cup. No greater stage. No greater pressure. So it's the ultimate test of a player's mettle. I'm glad that Messi is doing well despite my feelings for the country of his birth. The greatest player of our time needed to do well here and he's doing it.
Old June 22, 2014, 07:26 PM
Cricket Savant

USA are likely to play Belgium in the next round, and then GOD willing, Germany again in the quarterfinals. I don't see the Algerians beating the Germans.
Old June 22, 2014, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

guys this is why germany needed to win against ghana... and all u guys were supporting ghana...

cant take it anymore..all this group g matches...

man all i want is us and germany to go though...i didnt want it to go to the us german game.... anyways go usa......

i am more worried about ghana now.... i think ghana is gonna beat portugal and if usa loses against germany.... (very likely) that 1 goal difference of usa and ghana is easy to erase....

i dont think portugal has any chance....despite getting lifeline at 15 secs remaining...

horible horrible feeling ..sick to my stomach..
Old June 22, 2014, 08:40 PM
Cricket Sage

^ I think we'll make it. I think we can hang tight with Germany. Everyone thought we would struggle against Ghana and Portugal, but we came to play. Granted Germany is miles ahead of these other 2 teams, but I think we can pull off a draw against Germany. Germany has no reason to go for a rout either, specially this early in the tournament. 1-0 or simply a draw makes them group champion.

Quote:
USA are likely to play Belgium in the next round, and then GOD willing, Germany again in the quarterfinals. I don't see the Algerians beating the Germans.
Sohel bhai winner of H1 vs G2 play the winner of F1 vs E2. F1 will be Argentina, E2 might be Switzerland. So if we qualify for the 2nd round and win that game, we might be playing against Messi and Co.
Old June 22, 2014, 08:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
I see things the same way. There's nothing higher than the World Cup. No greater stage. No greater pressure. So it's the ultimate test of a player's mettle. I'm glad that Messi is doing well despite my feelings for the country of his birth. The greatest player of our time needed to do well here and he's doing it.
Lets try to put this into perspective. The best players playing around Ronaldo are Moutinho and R. Meireles, whereas in Argentina Messi has world class players like Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain, Mascherano, Lavezzi playing around him. It is not a fair comparison. However yes Ronaldo did play poor in this game but lets not forget he is playing with an knee injury. So you can't really take into account his performance today and say this is how he always plays at a World Cup.
Old June 22, 2014, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ I think we'll make it. I think we can hang tight with Germany. Everyone thought we would struggle against Ghana and Portugal, but we came to play. Granted Germany is miles ahead of these other 2 teams, but I think we can pull off a draw against Germany. Germany has no reason to go for a rout either, specially this early in the tournament. 1-0 or simply a draw makes them group champion.
ajfar thats fine.... hell i want us to win... germany is secondary but we should be realistic.. germany win automatically erases goal differential between us and ghana..

and i think ghana has the upper hand in the game against portugal given how badly ronaldo and overall portugal is playing...

this is a real worry....

so its germany and ghana goes on above scenario.

portugal needs to win against ghana..... they really f*** us over, its unlikely they will make it....

so a germany win and a ghana win regardless of goal difference seems to have us packing... yes or am i missing a goal? i think i am..
Old June 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Portugal gets Pepe and Fabio Contraeo back. That will definitely improve their line up. That last assist should give CR some much needed confidence going into the next game. I think Ghana will win against Portugal, but maybe can't see 2-0. I'm predicting 2-1 Ghana. 1-1 USA Germany.
Old June 22, 2014, 09:03 PM
Cricket Legend

yeah i was missing a goal... a 2 goal differential either ghana win or us loss eliminates us...

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...ance/#comments
Old June 23, 2014, 12:35 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Bradley with a Motin-job. Screwed us twice. First missed a wide open goal then the turn over. Luckily he isn't LeBron and this isn't the NBA.

2 more tie from this group is all I ask for.
Old June 23, 2014, 12:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Afjar. I stand corrected bro. Don't have a problem with playing the best at this point though Argentina have not been very good at all so far. Because win or lose, we'll compete hard and leave everything on the field. But winning sure beats everything.

Last edited by Sohel; June 23, 2014 at 01:37 AM..
Old June 23, 2014, 03:04 AM
Cricket Savant

My fantasy scenario: USA-2 Germany-0 (can happen); Ghana-4 Posers-0 (won't happen as long as Gyan is still there. Muntari, the other geezer, has been suspended because of consecutive yellows, but Gyan can still do a lot of damage).

USA and Ghana advance!
Old June 23, 2014, 07:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Lets try to put this into perspective. The best players playing around Ronaldo are Moutinho and R. Meireles, whereas in Argentina Messi has world class players like Aguero, Di Maria, Higuain, Mascherano, Lavezzi playing around him. It is not a fair comparison. However yes Ronaldo did play poor in this game but lets not forget he is playing with an knee injury. So you can't really take into account his performance today and say this is how he always plays at a World Cup.
Perspective? Whose? A Real Madrid fanboy's? Thanks but I think I'll pass! CR7's record in every World Cup game, not just this one, speaks for itself. Do the research. Messi pulled a rabbit out of his bag of tricks twice with two game winners despite his world class teammates being far less than world class. Facts not conjectures.
Old June 23, 2014, 10:29 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I want USA to beat Germany and then Ghana beating Portugal. So USA and Ghana off to next round. But unlikely because Germany have a big positive goal difference.

So USA and Germany now will most likely settle for a draw. USA and Germany now --

Old June 23, 2014, 10:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think overall USA is a very good team. They are not boring and play very positively. They recovered nicely after the early goal and made some beautiful attacks.

I don't see why we can't go to next round now. Just keep calm and we are through.
Old June 23, 2014, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Let's just hope Portugal beats Ghana by a goal or two. Then we dont have to go through all those crazy calculations.
Old June 23, 2014, 10:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

U.S. is in a better position than Ghana to advance but there is always the unknown.
Germany was great against Portugal but against a 10-man team mostly. They look a bit vulnerable when not able to score in the first half, and their defense is not air-tight so far.
That said, any team in the world will have lot to worry against an offense of Klose, Muller and Lham.

Following are some likely possibilities:
>> Good for US
1) Germany vs USA 1-1 / Portugal vs Ghana ?-?: Germany 1st, USA 2nd
2) Germany vs USA 0-1 / Portugal vs Ghana ?-?: USA 1st, Germany 2nd
3) Germany vs USA 1-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 1-0: Germany 1st, USA 2nd
4) Germany vs USA 1-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 1-1: Germany 1st, USA 2nd
5) Germany vs USA 2-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 1-1: Germany 1st, USA 2nd
6) Germany vs USA 2-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 2-0: Germany 1st, USA 2nd
7) Germany vs USA 2-1 / Portugal vs Ghana 0-1: Germany 1st, USA 2nd

>> Tie
1) Germany vs USA 1-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 0-1: Germany 1st, USA/Ghana 2nd tie
2) Germany vs USA 2-1 / Portugal vs Ghana 1-2: Germany 1st, USA/Ghana 2nd tie

>> Good For Ghana
1) Germany vs USA 1-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 1-2: Germany 1st, Ghana 2nd
2) Germany vs USA 1-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 0-2: Germany 1st, Ghana 2nd
3) Germany vs USA 2-0 / Portugal vs Ghana 0-1: Germany 1st, Ghana 2nd
Old June 23, 2014, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

As much as I like Khederia and Ozil ... Pulling for Ghana after reading this

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-9554601.html
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old June 24, 2014, 06:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Here's some food for thought.

EVERY WAY THE US CAN ADVANCE IN THE WORLD CUP.
Old June 24, 2014, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I only think if US beats Germany 2-0 or with a difference of 2 goals and Ghana beats Protugal 4-0 or with a difference of 4. It can happen.
Old June 25, 2014, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

USA! USA! USA!