facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 26, 2006, 02:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Bangladesh wins by 5 wickets

Here is the details of the match:
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/def...&iCategoryID=1

Old July 26, 2006, 02:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

We need consistency in our batting. Ashraful is like Eid bonus, twice in a year. We need monthly salary that'll come every month. tike thaka ekta boro kotha amader jonno. Ekhono amra 300 er swapno dekhi na. Amra chai 50 over khelte ar ta holey 250 ashbe. Ekhon porjonto etai amader lokhkho. Jader vat jute na tara monthly salary r kotha aage vabe. Eid dress er kotha na. JO scores some runs, stays in the middle for 10 overs. That's better than what Ash is doing.
Good thing is, Aftab getting matured.
Old July 26, 2006, 03:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

so our superstar ash scored less than 15. when he will become consistant
Old July 26, 2006, 03:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

humm Mashrafe took two wickets???? I thought it was five. I don't count on Ashraful anymore. Any decent score from him should be counted as a bonus.
Old July 26, 2006, 04:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanycrew
humm Mashrafe took two wickets???? I thought it was five. I don't count on Ashraful anymore. Any decent score from him should be counted as a bonus.
Probably that's typo from BangladesherKhela. Otherwise how it aggregates to 8. Should be 5+1+1+1 (Mash+Aft+Raf+Sha).
Old July 26, 2006, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanycrew
humm Mashrafe took two wickets???? I thought it was five...
He did get 5 wickets. That was a pen mistake. On the left side of that report in current result section where the score scrolls up you can see the Mash's 5/29.

As for Ash, he should do decent in the series. If not rainhill would be waiting for him.
Old July 26, 2006, 04:34 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default Tigers off to a winning start

Tearaway Mashrafee Bin Mortuza made a brilliant start in his maiden tour to Zimbabwe as Bangladesh won the lone limited-over practice game by five wickets against Zimbabwe Board XI at the Alexandra Sports. More at Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/07/27/d60727040136.htm )
Old July 26, 2006, 05:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_eye
If not rainhill would be waiting for him.
Are you sure about that?
Old July 26, 2006, 05:31 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

not a good start for bangladesh,
Old July 26, 2006, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

I would say it is a good start although not a brilliant one. But I cant blame the boys as they were out of cricket for quite a long time. ANd its always tough to play the very first match in a foreign tour. Nice to see Mush getting some wickets, proves he is in good form. Overall bowling could have been better, i.e we should have taken all wickets of the Zimbabwians, that didn't happen.

So looking forward for the first odi.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 26, 2006, 09:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

got it guys
bangladesh won by 5 wt
aftab scored 60, javed 45, cap habibul 38, and mushfikur rahim 15*
Old July 26, 2006, 09:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

ban won by 5 wts
aftab got 60 followed javed 45 den cap bashar 38
most impresive was rahim 15*
Old July 26, 2006, 10:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Wow, I had no idea this game was going on yesterday.

Masri 5-fa, Aftab 60 - good to hear. What about Ash?

Oh, and can't forget Omar silencing his critics with a 45!
Old July 27, 2006, 02:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

sorry guys my machine was acting up on me and i couldnt carry on with the updates

BD played well and won as expected only that we expected them to be a bit ruthless, which they didnt. Omar rode his luck to 45 after being dropped about 4 times...Ahmed was fantastic throughout and never seemed lacking at any point..he hit a couple of sixes and rotated the strike well. Bashar looked good as well...

The tigers looked a bit rusty for a team that beat Aussie and Sri Lanka in recent times..but its expected when you play A sides who have nothing to loose. Its a good wake up call for the Tigers coz they now realise that it might not be as easy as they thought to whitewash the Zimbos. All the same a win is a win and there are a lot of positives to take from this game..like Mash i heard was unplayable

AHMED AHMED AHMED!!!!!
Old July 27, 2006, 02:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

good to finally see u back Andy.. we were desperately lookin for u last night..
n on that rustyness.. mind u.. our players r coming back after a long 3 months break.. played hardly any cricket in this time.. so we sort of expected that rustiness

plus there were other factors like pitch, condition, environment to suit to
as they only arrived Harare 2 days ago.

i wish we had played one more warm up games for the players to be in the killer mode when the real hunting begins...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 27, 2006, 03:02 AM

Thank's Andy for your comment, a lot of our fans will be jumping up & down knowing JO was dropped for 4 times.

Please say something on Ash and Nafees, how much they scored and how they got out, our newspaper not focussing a damn thing on them. Looking forward for your response.
Old July 27, 2006, 03:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Nafees was out on 12...im not sure whether Ash batted but theres a no5 batsmen who had no name on we couldnt quite see who he was he was out on 6
Old July 27, 2006, 04:33 AM

Thank's again Andy, for your valuable information. Most of us thought Ash got out very cheaply, now it seems he might not played ( not sure though ).
Old July 27, 2006, 04:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

ash did played. he scored 12. more details on rabed imams article.

(Mohammad Ashraful had one more disappointing outing when he fell for 12 (32 balls). His was a soft dismissal as he offered a tame catch to cover off leg-spinner Kamungozi.)

really very poor way to get out.
nannu

Adventure Africa: So far so good
Rabeed Imam from Harare
26-July-2006

As opposition the Zimbabwe Board XI was not expected to mount a challenge against the Tigers but the cooler climate and grassy pitches need some getting used to. However, Bangladesh turned what could have been a tricky practice game into a virtual cruise when they chased the home side’s 198 with five wickets and 4.2 overs to spare at the picturesque Alexandra Sports Club on Wednesday.
The Alexandra Sports Club is a century old institution and has a feel good ambiance with trees lined up in a semi circle offering shade at the cricket ground. In the other parts there is a club house, tennis and squash facilities and on the other end of the main building are the soccer and rugby fields. The outfield of the cricket ground was not in the most ideal state and had patches of unevenness about it. The main interest however centred around the wicket which had a generous amount of grass on top and with a chilly breeze blowing across the venue the Bangladeshi bowlers and fielders were getting their first part of acclimatization lesson.
This was the only the fourth cricket match of any nature for the team since the third ODI against Australia on April 28. They have played the BCCB Academy team thrice back home and the games were very competitive but on Wednesday what was supposed to be virtually a Zimbabwe A side did not provide similar resistance. It was more a case of braving the conditions and Mashrafee Bin Mortaza struggled early on. He came off after bowling just three overs complaining of stiffness in the back. At the other end Shahadat Hossain Rajib came charging in and tried to make a statement with hostility. But although the grass promised encouragement the wicket had no sting and Shahadat’s shorter length had little effect on the Board XI openers Hove and Chauluka who went on to share 51.
Before it could get worrying for the Tigers Aftab Ahmed’s medium pacers gave them breakthrough. Aftab also showed the virtue of pitching it up as Chauluka got an inside edge on to the wicket. Mortaza has a smart brain and he returned after some massaging and stretching to torment the Zimbabweans. He kept an off stump line, bowled a fuller length and was rewarded.
“The more I bowled the better it got physically and there is natural movement available if you pitch the ball up,” said Mortaza who grabbed a five-for giving away just 29 from his full quota of overs. All five of his victims were either bowled or lbw and Shahadat ought to have taken a cue from him.
“There is no point bowling flat out on such a slow surface as the ball just loops up. Later on I was getting reverse swing and the length got even fuller,” said Mortaza.
Bangladesh’s other pace bowling option Syed Rasel sent down four overs for 13 and just had a hint of swing going. The left-arm spinners Mohammad Rafique, Abdur Razzak and Shakib Al Hasan bowled 23 overs between them and while Rafique had a rare off-day, Razzak was desperately unlucky not to get among the wickets. Razzak used the wind to good effect as his deliveries drifted or rather swung almost inwards before pitching and turning sharply away. Shakib extracted prodigious turn with some of his deliveries.
On the batting front Aftab Ahmed was the show-stopper with a 62-ball 60 that had eight fours and a mighty straight six that just missed the windshield of fashionable truck in the parking lot sparing someone a few billion dollars worth of replacement. Before your eyes pop out, this is Zimbabwean dollar we are talking about.
While the batting was a breeze for the Tigers for most of the time with only the gangling figure of pacer Chris Mpofu having Test experience for the Zim Board, there were still moments that made them think.
“I was halfway through some of the pull shots when I realized that the ball hadn’t arrived. These are very slow wickets and I just hope that there will be more pace in the Harare Sports Club track,” said Aftab who was lucky at the start after he was dropped once and then saw a couple of top edges just evading the fielders.
“I could not get any timing at first but the secret here I guess is to play late,” said skipper Habibul Bashar who made a fluent 38 from 53 balls.
Opener Javed Omar got a 79-ball 45 in typical workmanlike fashion. His opening partner Shahriar Nafees (12 off 16) fell early by getting too flashy while Mohammad Ashraful had one more disappointing outing when he fell for 12 (32 balls). His was a soft dismissal as he offered a tame catch to cover off leg-spinner Kamungozi.
Towards the end Mushfiqur Rahim remained not out on 15 looking comfortable and the youngster also did a good job behind the stumps in the absence of first choice Khaled Mashud who is recovering from a minor chest infection and should be fit for selection for the first ODI on the 29th.
Apart from Mashud, Rajin Saleh and Forhad Reza sat out the practice game as coach Dav Whatmore took a look at 13 members of the side. His main apprehensions about this tour were the different conditions but the coach should be pleased that the boys gave a strong showing even without stretching themselves too much on Wednesday.
Old July 27, 2006, 05:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

srry guys. server error. mods plz delete 2 of my 3 posts.
Old July 27, 2006, 05:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

thnx for the report nannu bhai...
hopefully Ash wud rise in time of need
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 27, 2006, 06:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Javed did what he does best, ashraful did what he does best. lets hope next time they do something that we expect
Old July 27, 2006, 09:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Let javed omar play but upon one condition, he must retire hurt after scoring 35. Because the way he starts playing after a quick 30-35 compells the other batsman to try shots and get out.
Old July 27, 2006, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Does anyone have links to the full scorecards for the practice matches that the team played before they left for Zimbabwe?
Old July 27, 2006, 10:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Oh, and can't forget Omar silencing his critics with a 45!
Oh yes, he silenced me:p
Quote:
Omar rode his luck to 45 after being dropped about 4 times