facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 15, 2008, 02:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Default Ponting out of Bangladesh series

Quote:
Ricky Ponting's recovery from wrist surgery will prevent him from appearing in the one-day series against Bangladesh at the end of the month while Matthew Hayden must prove he is ready after a long-standing heel problem. Ponting's absence makes him an unlikely starter for the Champions Trophy - if Australia go to Pakistan - while Hayden will be monitored over the next two weeks.

Andrew Hilditch, the chairman of selectors, said the three games against Bangladesh in Darwin would be ideal preparation for a busy time over the next 18 months. "While it is disappointing not to have Ricky Ponting available," Hilditch said, "we are confident that continuing his recovery and missing this series will assure Ricky is ready for the demanding cricket schedule ahead."

The Australians go into camp next week in Queensland before the first match of the series on August 30. Originally Bangladesh were supposed to appear in two Tests, but they were postponed to 2010 when it was realised they clashed with the Olympics. Both teams will use the contests to fine-tune for the Champions Trophy, which is currently due to start in Pakistan on October 12.

Australia Matthew Hayden, Shane Watson, Michael Clarke (capt), Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Brad Haddin (wk), Shaun Marsh, David Hussey, James Hopes, Cameron White, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Nathan Bracken.

© Cricinfo
Bad News for us . Would love to beat Australia with Ponting as a captain.

Quote:
Both teams will use the contests to fine-tune for the Champions Trophy, which is currently due to start in Pakistan on October 12.
CrapInfo as usual has no Idea that we aren't takin part.

Last edited by patriot; August 15, 2008 at 09:02 AM..

Old August 15, 2008, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Nothing new, it was almost certain ages ago that he will be missing this tour even if he is ready to play. Against us Aussies will try to use their young guns and give players like Ponting a bit of rest. And when there is a case of injury no way they would try to risk a player like him for playing against us.
Old August 15, 2008, 03:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Does not really make any difference.
Australia is still a very strong team.
Micheal Clarke, being captain for the first time in a whole series, will certainly like to start things off in a good note.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 15, 2008, 04:52 AM

Whatever, all I wish we show some good resistance, cant expect anything more than that.
Old August 15, 2008, 05:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Bad News for us. Would love to beat Australia with Ponting as a captain and have this one back again at CricInfo Photos.
Dare to dream?
or
Dream to dare?

Old August 15, 2008, 06:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i wasn't really worried about him, its sean marsh and luke ronchi that i am worried about
Old August 15, 2008, 07:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Aus Team for Darwin named

Cricket Australia’s National Selection Panel (NSP) today announced a 14-man squad to take part in the three-match Commonwealth Bank Series to be played against Bangladesh in Darwin during late August and early September.

The 14-man squad for the Commonwealth Bank Series is:

State Age
Michael Clarke (c): NSW, 27
Michael Hussey (vc): WA, 33
Nathan Bracken: NSW, 30
Stuart Clark: NSW, 32
Brad Haddin: NSW, 30
Matthew Hayden: QLD, 36
James Hopes: QLD, 29
David Hussey: VIC, 31
Mitchell Johnson: WA, 26
Brett Lee: NSW, 31
Shaun Marsh: WA, 25
Andrew Symonds: QLD, 33
Shane Watson: QLD, 27
Cameron White: VIC, 24

NSP Chairman Andrew Hilditch said:
“The Commonwealth Bank Series against Bangladesh is ideal preparation for us with a busy schedule of international cricket over the next 12-18 months. The squad is an exciting mix of our senior players and our young emerging talent which performed so well in the West Indies,” Hilditch said.

“While it is disappointing not to have Ricky Ponting available we are confident continuing his recovery and missing this series will assure Ricky is ready for the demanding cricket schedule ahead for the Australian team. Matthew Hayden has been selected in this side subject to fitness. His progress has been monitored closely by our physiotherapist and doctor and his overall participation in the series will be determined as we get closer to the date. The NSP has reserved the right to add a 15th player into this squad should this become necessary.”

Cricket Australia physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said:
“Ricky Ponting is still recovering from wrist surgery and has not been considered for selection for this series. He is making good progress and on track to be available for upcoming cricket. Matthew Hayden is progressing well with his rehabilitation following an achilles tendon injury. His availability for the Commonwealth Bank Series will be determined over the next two weeks.”

Australian Team Coach Tim Nielsen said:
“This series provides us with an exciting opportunity see our senior players and youth combine in what will be a very important series for us. We are very hopeful of Matthew Hayden being able to rejoin the team and our medical staff will continue to monitor him over the next two weeks,” Nielsen said.

“The series will also provide a great chance for those in the Top End to see the elite of Australia’s cricketing talent in action.”

http://www.cricket.com.au/default.as...splay&id=41756
Old August 15, 2008, 07:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I guess our oldest will be younger than their youngest (playing 11).
Old August 15, 2008, 08:22 AM
Cricket Sage

like it matterss...they r still a very strong team..i just hope we can put up sum gud fight...maybe win one or two warm up games...
Old August 15, 2008, 08:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Bepar na...shala doraise. Niche takaile dekhben pand bhijay falaise already.
Old August 15, 2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I guess our oldest will be younger than their youngest (playing 11).
Very true.
Old August 15, 2008, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

yeah,, lets not talk about age again,, the age of our oldeest player dont even play in their A team.. an average age of 23,, no other country ( other than maybe Nepal) has this young national team... Heck, we cant even select any players above 27 even if we wanted to..Talk about "Age" cleansing!!
Old August 15, 2008, 02:21 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim iqbal
Default Ponting out of Bangladesh series

Cricinfo staff

August 15, 2008

Ricky Ponting's recovery from wrist surgery will prevent him from appearing in the one-day series against Bangladesh at the end of the month while Matthew Hayden must prove he is ready after a long-standing heel problem. Ponting's absence makes him an unlikely starter for the Champions Trophy - if Australia go to Pakistan - while Hayden will be monitored over the next two weeks.

Both players left the tour of West Indies early, with Ponting heading home during the one-day series, and Hayden departing without playing a Test. Michael Clarke, who was in Melbourne for a meeting with ICC officials over the Pakistan situation, will take charge of the 14-man squad.

Andrew Hilditch, the chairman of selectors, said the three games against Bangladesh in Darwin would be ideal preparation for a busy time over the next 18 months. "While it is disappointing not to have Ricky Ponting available," Hilditch said, "we are confident that continuing his recovery and missing this series will assure Ricky is ready for the demanding cricket schedule ahead."

Australia's previous engagement was the 5-0 win over West Indies and players such as Shaun Marsh, Cameron White and David Hussey have held their spots. "This series provides us with an exciting opportunity to see our senior players and youth combine in what will be a very important series for us," the coach Tim Nielsen said. "We are very hopeful of Matthew Hayden being able to rejoin the team and our medical staff will continue to monitor him over the next two weeks."

The Australians go into camp next week in Queensland before the first match of the series on August 30. Originally Bangladesh were supposed to appear in two Tests, but they were postponed to 2010 when it was realised they clashed with the Olympics. Both teams will use the contests to fine-tune for the Champions Trophy, which is currently due to start in Pakistan on October 12.

Australia Matthew Hayden, Shane Watson, Michael Clarke (capt), Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Brad Haddin (wk), Shaun Marsh, David Hussey, James Hopes, Cameron White, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Stuart Clark, Nathan Bracken.

cricinfo
Old August 15, 2008, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Hey man there is a thread with the same title and issue
Old August 15, 2008, 03:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim iqbal

i'm sorry, i had a look at bangladesh cricket section before creating this but some how i i faild to notice patroit already created one for the same topic. so i guess MOD can delete this thread then
Old August 15, 2008, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

beta baicha galo shahadat er bouncer thekey
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old August 15, 2008, 05:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
beta baicha galo shahadat er bouncer thekey
exacto! porikkhay fail-er(dabba) bhoy-e jor ashche! ekhon haate betha = vangchami!
jai hok, may Allah heal him soon!
Old August 15, 2008, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Good squad chosen.
Cameron white is our weajness really just a batsmen who bowls part time spinners.
Like to not play him and play james hopes at 8,an all pace attack.
Batting is deep for us.
The lack of a quality spinner makes it good for banglaesh.
Michael clarke and andrew symmonds likely to bowl their part timers.
Old August 15, 2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Etodin pore janlam Ponting er bon-k ke biye koreche! Shalar durdoshay dulavaier eto khushi keno ta oboshsho bujhlam na!!
Old August 23, 2008, 04:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Australia's training camp
Ponting to test injured wrist in nets

Quote:
"I'll attempt to start hitting some balls for the first time and see if my wrist is strong enough and up to it yet," Ponting told AAP. "What I do from there will depend on what I do Sunday.
Rajib and mash start your engine

Quote:
"If it's okay then I'll probably stay around for a few extra days and get what batting I can
You are welcome to play against us!!!! get some loosing practise. Because there is nothing better than watch you loose.

Quote:
If it's no good then I'll probably go back home and join up with the guys before we head off to the Champions Trophy
I thought they pulled out of it.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/austr...ry/365920.html