facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 30, 2013, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Default BCB Media Release: BPL player payment and Dhaka Gladiators’ claim

DHAKA, Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Media Release

BPL player payment and Dhaka Gladiators’ claim

It has come to the attention of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) that BPL T20 franchise Dhaka Gladiators have claimed to the media that the BCB has not processed 25 percent of the player fees for the 2nd edition of the event after the ‘franchise had completed the payment to the BCB’.

In this regard the BCB states:

As per the procedure for payment the franchises are obligated to submit duly signed (by cricketers) and filled up player agreement documents to the BPL Governing Council. The Governing Council will initiate the necessary audit and related formalities before the BCB processes the transfer of funds to the respective players’ accounts.
All the franchises involved in the 2nd edition of BPL T20 have received separate agreement papers for local and overseas cricketers from the BPL Governing Council.

Dhaka Gladiators have made a payment in regards to 25 percent of player fees to the BCB. However, despite repeated requests the franchise until yesterday (Tuesday, 29 January 2013) had failed to furnish the BPL Governing Council/ BCB with duly signed and complete player agreement papers of each of its local and overseas recruit.
Dhaka Gladiators had submitted nine (09) agreement papers of local cricketers but the BCB’s audit department has found discrepancies in the documents.
Dhaka Gladiators have not provided the agreement documents and list of their foreign players.
Without the player agreement papers, it is not possible for the BCB to process bank transfer of fees to accounts of local players and international remittance in regards to overseas player payment.

The BCB would also wish to express its discontentment and disappointment at the way Dhaka Gladiators have approached this matter and made inaccurate claims against the Board.

Old January 30, 2013, 07:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Dhaka Gladiators are the culprit.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:13 AM
Administrator

At least they did hand over the money.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

How on earth those people run a board, company ???? I really can't understand.

The tournament is half way through and they are asking for Agreement papers ???? OHH GOD !! and why there will be only 9 signed contract papers ?? why not all ? And why the hell players had started playing matches before they signed the agreement ?

Players are also at fault here. They should not give any chances to those moron so called businessmen board officials. And that BCB president is IBA MBA graduate, owner of few industries ! This is how he operates his business ? He better go to college again and learn how to manage and run a board successfully.
Old January 30, 2013, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Rinku has it right. They are ALL (BCB, franchises etc) seem to be a bunch of incompetents at best. At worst their might be some financial shenanigans going on here. Too much smoke.
Old January 30, 2013, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

So much for having a whole year to prepare.....

BCB clearly needs a good competent CEO and the work of the BCB president should only be to inaugurate events ,cut cakes, ribbons, fly ballons, and watch games from VVIP stand in the stadium....
Old January 30, 2013, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I think there's a huge practice of letting people with conflict of interest in BCB. I don't have any substantial proof but knowing how most things run in our country, the same people who run BCB are some what involved in BPL committee and are also part owners of BPL teams. There are no contracts because when the same party runs everything why bother; hence the complicacy. Everything runs on verbal "are bhai shob thik hoye jabe" promise.

How embarrassing is this? Again and again we prove to the world what worthless board and how incompetent our admin and therefore our country is. If you don't have money why do you even start this league? Why would BCB let any team take part in BPL if they haven't paid their 25% prior to the league? If they did allow them then BCB should take full responsibility and pay the players and then go after the franchise. Didn't BCB say they will guaranty payment this time around? Why embarrass the nation and it's people? There's nothing good comes out of this country; only shame for it's people.
Old January 30, 2013, 12:46 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

This is what happens when you try to formalize commercial transactions/establish commercial law and practices in a country that is essentially feudalistic in nature and structure.
Old January 30, 2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
At least they did hand over the money.
Not money but a check which is payable on March 14!

"They gave us a cheque which is payable from March 14, but they haven't given us a bank guarantee, so his claims sound absurd," Mallick added. "We have tried to help them by giving extra leeway on time, but they haven't paid us the money properly."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/602818.html
Old January 30, 2013, 12:57 PM
Banned

End of BPL, OWAIS SHAH commented on ESPN report. Pay them or Stop the league!
Old January 30, 2013, 12:58 PM

I do have a question:

It seems Isam bhai is over doing just to make a news!

The new dead line is January 31st, 2013.

Why Isam writes the report on CrapInfo today? The deadline is not over yet!!
He is becoming like a "tabloid" reporter it seems!!!

-As myself
Old January 30, 2013, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

These never happens in club cricket,, why? Because in clubs, there are efficient management system that take cares of these issues before they come this far.. We gave franchises to Shihab Trading, Some Sports shops, unknown buisnessmen who NEVER knew how to run sports team or value cricketers.. They think players are like suppliers, raj mistri that they can pay the bill someday and best if you can avoid it..

BPL should be stopped and banned. Period. Cricinfo.com should avoid and stop publishing news about this scam leage...Its an embarrasment for the country. I honestly am not interested in the matches anymore and more concerned with how Bangladesh and our players are going to be looked at after this. Owasis Shah is lying, Mushfique is lying, Tamim was paid in full, Ian got paid... all are bunch of crooks and scammers playing with Bangladesh reputation.
Old January 30, 2013, 01:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I do have a question:

-As myself
Agree with you KP bhai. I said the same thing weeks ago. Since joining Cricinfo, his tone has changed drastically. I think he is trying too hard to get promoted in CI.
Old January 30, 2013, 01:11 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
I do have a question:

-As myself
What are you smoking about? How many deadlines they need? Every player in the BPL is entitled to receive 25% of his total fee before the start of the second season. As per the new rules of the league, the franchisees were supposed to pay 25 per cent of the player's payment after the auctions. Then the next deadline was January 16 and now January 31.These incompetent bastards will keep setting deadlines.

Quote:
Mallick however assured that all the players will get their payment although only two franchises have so far completed their payments. The BCB however has set the latest deadline to resolve all pending financial issues for today.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=267200

Old January 30, 2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
These never happens in club cricket,, why? Because in clubs, there are efficient management system that take cares of these issues before they come this far.. We gave franchises to Shihab Trading, Some Sports shops, unknown buisnessmen who NEVER knew how to run sports team or value cricketers.. They think players are like suppliers, raj mistri that they can pay the bill someday and best if you can avoid it.. .
+1
Lack of experience and professionalism is evident here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
BPL should be stopped and banned. Period. Cricinfo.com should avoid and stop publishing news about this scam leage...Its an embarrasment for the country. I honestly am not interested in the matches anymore and more concerned with how Bangladesh and our players are going to be looked at after this. Owasis Shah is lying, Mushfique is lying, Tamim was paid in full, Ian got paid... all are bunch of crooks and scammers playing with Bangladesh reputation.
Can't agree here banning BPL. Instead BCB should make it right.
We need a honest and visionary leader at BCB who will bring professionalism and accountability and work on developing cricket infrastructure rather making fortune for themselves.
Old January 30, 2013, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do have a question:

-As myself
Can we let Isam bhia do his job, who said just becuase his bangladeshi he has to always hide the truth, and how many deadlines are set and delayed? This set and delayed rule will never allow isam to report anything, anyways if isam does not report, dobell will as Owais and many english are taking part this year. I am alway's with Isam Bhia his doing his job its just us fans trying to hide everything from the majority of the cricketing population. its wrong and BCB should learn a lesson. its just my opinion anyone can have their opinion heard.
Old January 30, 2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
What are you smoking about? How many deadlines they need? Every player in the BPL is entitled to receive 25% of his total fee before the start of the second season. As per the new rules of the league, the franchisees were supposed to pay 25 per cent of the player's payment after the auctions. Then the next deadline was January 16 and now January 31.
I don't smoke at all r_s bhai!

The dead line was changed to January 31 to pay the 1st installment.

Why Isam bhai did not report it before January 16? As there is a new dead line, shouldn't we wait to make a judgment? What if Shah is being paid today?

We all talk crap about BPL. Do you know that Players were not paid by IPL franchise for almost a year? I am not saying BCB is perfect, we all know how crap is BCB!!

What I am saying is reports in CricInfo about Bangladesh is NOT neutrally written lately rather bashing. Do you know that Nafees made a ton in BPl? CricInfo never made it a headline? Why?? You know the answer, don't you?
Old January 30, 2013, 01:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

Isam doesn't really speak in favour of Bangladesh Cricket anymore don't know why exactly hence why his articles have been a bit irritating to read always negative stuff. BCB is a joke!!! nothing else to say truly embarrassed and disappointed if this is true.
Old January 30, 2013, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Why Isam bhai did not report it before January 16? As there is a new dead line, shouldn't we wait to make a judgment? What if Shah is being paid today?

We all talk crap about BPL. Do you know that Players were not paid by IPL franchise for almost a year? I am not saying BCB is perfect, we all know how crap is BCB!!

What I am saying is reports in CricInfo about Bangladesh is NOT neutrally written lately rather bashing. Do you know that Nafees made a ton in BPl? CricInfo never made it a headline? Why?? You know the answer, don't you?
No denying the flaws that exist in BCB and BPL owners, however I do feel you are correct in assuming that we get a lot more negative publicity than we deserve. I would not have complained if the reports were unbiased and even publicesed the accomplishments.
It is common sense that if the same owners did not pay the players and managemenr the first time than they would not have come to participate in the league again.
Old January 30, 2013, 01:36 PM
Chief Moderator

Quote:

Again you are talking crap here. This is the 3rd deadline set by BCB. They supposed to pay this after the auctions. Then BCB set another deadline on Jan 16. Only two franchises have so far completed their payments. And only 1 day left. We all know what will happen.

Old January 30, 2013, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

On the same vein, I think PSL would be successful because they have someone like Haroon Logart being the adviser and they will learn how to handle issues from other leagues.. Yes, IPL had payment issue( not issues) because it was only Deccan Chargers who didnt pay a player or two due to bankrupcy proceedings and eventually BCCI auctioned the franchisee to new owners. But whats happening in BPL is just outright unacceptable and a shame to all Bangladeshis and cricket fan. Franchises are running without any management team; BCB is completely ineffective in applying any pressure on them, owners writing bounced checks (i.e., to Tamim) without any ramificaitons and the list goes on..

Irony is even Chittagong's PCL ( Port City League) did not face such complaints and the complete tournament was in UAE with 200 plus players, coach, staff etc. expenses. Again, it was done by some experienced and hard-core sports organizers instead of some trading company and stadium shop owners pretending to be high-flying Indian business tycoon..
Old January 30, 2013, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Isam doesn't really speak in favour of Bangladesh Cricket anymore don't know why exactly hence why his articles have been a bit irritating to read always negative stuff. BCB is a joke!!! nothing else to say truly embarrassed and disappointed if this is true.
He wanted Javed Miandad to coach Bangladesh if I recall.... clearly he misses the fact that players from a certain country is missing in BPL...
Old January 30, 2013, 01:53 PM
Chief Moderator

BTW, IPL payment system is different. They pay over the 8 months period as far I know. They also have payment issues but FICA is not vocal against them as IPL does not even recognize FICA!

Old January 30, 2013, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:

I think you are going off topic by dissecting the neutrality of crapinfo or Isam. Why worry about the intent of the site or the messenger when the message it self is in discussion here?

Isam isn't lying, he is simply stating the fact. This attitude "if a writer or a commentator is from BD should always praise BD or hide the fact" is none other than self-fulfilling behavior and does nothing for our cricket or image. If Isam doesn't wite it some one else will just like Dobell did here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/602823.html

Changing the deadline again and again is also not an ideal situation when players play to get paid, is it? Utter unprofessionalism is in display by BCB deteriorating the image of the country.
Old January 30, 2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar

Isam isn't lying, he is simply stating the fact. This attitude "if a writer or a commentator is from BD should always praise BD or hide the fact" is none other than self-fulfilling behavior and does nothing for our cricket or image. If Isam doesn't wite it some one else will just like Dobell did here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/602823.html

Changing the deadline again and again is also not an ideal situation when players play to get paid, is it? Utter unprofessionalism is in display by BCB deteriorating the image of the country.
I am questing the timing of the report here. The deadline (whatever it is 3rd or 30th) is 31st January. Why do you report today?

Why didn't you write after the 1st deadline? That could have helped BCB to take actions to solve the payment issues earlier without making a big fuss.