facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old June 7, 2006, 06:28 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Moderator's presence

Dear Moderators and Administrators,
I have to open this thread as I am experiencing some offending and stupid posts from some new members. They are opening new threads with rubbish and explicit words and as no moderator is present, these threads are remaining open which is really unacceptable.

I know you are doing your best to keep the forum clean but you need to ensure that at least one moderator is always present to prevent these stupidity.

Last edited by Miraz; June 7, 2006 at 07:39 AM..

Old June 7, 2006, 07:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Quote:
Threads: 16,522, Posts: 310,904, Members: 2,711, Active Members: 794
Welcome to our newest member, HELL_for_U
We should make such members welcome.
Old June 7, 2006, 07:36 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket
We should make such members welcome.
Should or Should not
Old June 7, 2006, 07:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I always say this, and will say it again. Plz keep reporting whenever you see something wrong and appropriate action will be taken. We might sometime miss something, so your help is appreiciated in this regard.

Thanks!

Ehsan
Old June 7, 2006, 08:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting
Red face Oops!

Not! Typo! Typo!
Old June 7, 2006, 09:05 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I have to open this thread as I am experiencing some offending and stupid posts from some new members. They are opening new threads with rubbish and explicit words and as no moderator is present, these threads are remaining open which is really unacceptable.

I know you are doing your best to keep the forum clean but you need to ensure that at least one moderator is always present to prevent these stupidity.
It only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole basket. We ask all our members to cooperate and help us in keeping this forum clean. If you see any offesive post or a post that violates forum rule then please use the "Report Bad Post" button to report it. It is on the icon .

Thanks.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 7, 2006, 09:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

i get your concern but this is internet....not big brother house where you get caught the instance you do sth wrong...its not easy to police around especially when u have members increasing by ten folds....besides i am sure mods have other stuff to worry about than running after members nd issuing them warning tickets...
Old June 7, 2006, 09:18 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
i get your concern but this is internet....not big brother house where you get caught the instance you do sth wrong...its not easy to police around especially when u have members increasing by ten folds....besides i am sure mods have other stuff to worry about than running after members nd issuing them warning tickets...
Tiger_man, you are fortunate enough not to see those posts and threads submitted by Just_Listen or Hell_for_U (which led me opening this thread). It was really really unacceptable to any human being and particularly for a Bangladeshi.
Old June 7, 2006, 09:38 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Tiger_man, you are fortunate enough not to see those posts and threads submitted by Just_Listen or Hell_for_U (which led me opening this thread). It was really really unacceptable to any human being and particularly for a Bangladeshi.
Well they are banned now. It is impossible to have an instantaneous action all the time but we do our best to keep the forum clean. I understand your concerns and you have to understand that we have other things to do than just modifying the forum.

Help us keep the forum clean by using the "Report Bad Post" Button.
Old June 7, 2006, 09:57 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Looks like I missed out on reading some 'wonderful' posts.

Please follow Ehsan's post and report any post that offend you or you are not sure if they are suitable for everyone. We want the true fans to enjoy the forum and continue to come back for more. This is not a place for thrill seeking morx (short of morons - excuse my french folks) who like to hide behind their computer and harrass the rest of the world. Just because they don't have a life, doesn't mean we should allow them to invade ours.

The "Report Bad Post" button sends an instant message to all mods and we can take action on this idiotic posts.
Old June 7, 2006, 10:03 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
Well they are banned now. It is impossible to have an instantaneous action all the time but we do our best to keep the forum clean. I understand your concerns and you have to understand that we have other things to do than just modifying the forum.

Help us keep the forum clean by using the "Report Bad Post" Button.
I understand and respect your dedication and efforts to keep the forum clean and I also understand you are volunteering to moderate our beloved forum.
Old June 7, 2006, 11:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Miraz,
It's inspiring to see members like you having care and respect for the forum environment and I am sure almost all of the members here feel the same as you do ...i.e. feel bad when some rubbish posts/threads/members pop up creating irritation.

Mods and Admins are only a part of the forum... and the since BC is a member-motivated forum.. participation, patience & understanding of the members mean a lot to the environment of this place. So... agreeing to every other mod/admin who posted in this thread before me... I would also request all the members to play a supporting role in maintaining environment and also wait with some patience in case of any delay or difficulties.
Old June 7, 2006, 12:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
ya well u wudnt know in first place if u r bangladeshi or not...nd i dont think nationality is a factor here...being a bangladeshi wont make u a good poster
Old June 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
Test Cricketer

btw, i dont get wats so traumatising about their post....like i said this is internet, out of 1000 + members theres gotta be a couple thats gonna be a nuisance...

i reckon u r just making a big issue out of nothing....the mods r doing wat they have been doing since the website opened....dunno wat else u want..
Old June 7, 2006, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

The problem is,BC is not a board of that kind,where atackers attack often.
Old June 7, 2006, 01:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
btw, i dont get wats so traumatising about their post....like i said this is internet, out of 1000 + members theres gotta be a couple thats gonna be a nuisance...

i reckon u r just making a big issue out of nothing....
The posts Miraz was referring to are removed. They were offensive for any Bangladeshi which I understand completely, the poster surely wasn't a Bangladeshi...so you get the picture. His complain was why those messages even stay for 2-3 mins. And I hope after what I have said here has taken care of his concern. We can't just ban a new member from posting wihout knowing what he is going to post, and we can't put on a 24/7 surveillance, so the regular members need to be a bit patient and help out the mods whenever they can.
Old June 7, 2006, 03:22 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
ya well u wudnt know in first place if u r bangladeshi or not...nd i dont think nationality is a factor here...being a bangladeshi wont make u a good poster

tiger_man, you got everything wrong. I am not concerned at all about the nationality of any member. The members I have mentioned have posted several posts attacking Bangladeshi nationality in the most uncivilized way (the words you will not utter even in your wildest dreams). That's why I have said it is unacceptable for any human being and prticularly for Bangladeshi.

Quote:

i reckon u r just making a big issue out of nothing....
Man, I have lot of other things to do (being a University teacher), I have no intention to draw attention out of nothing or making any big issue. As a member of this forum I have drawn the attention of our respectable Moderators and Administrators because I was really hurt (before opening the thread I used button to report it). I am not very young and also member of many other forums I have never seen such words being used by any poster to attack any nation.

I don't know what led you to the assumption that I am making a big issue...

Sorry if I have hurt you by opening this thread.
Old June 7, 2006, 03:31 PM
Test Cricketer

What exactly was said in those posts?? can i get a sample !!
Old June 7, 2006, 05:20 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The message of this forum is:

"There is a 'Report Bad Post' icon for a reason."

It looks like this->

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old June 7, 2006, 05:39 PM
Cricket Sage

But why its ?

Looks like its a restricted button, warning not to push that button. And if I do it any way, something bad may happen (like crashing my computer or something like that).
Old June 7, 2006, 07:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
But why its ?

Looks like its a restricted button, warning not to push that button. And if I do it any way, something bad may happen (like crashing my computer or something like that).
y do always make a serious matter a joke any way carry on
Old June 9, 2006, 04:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

I hav a complain, (no offense)
most of the mod r getting bz by edit font colour or font size and its not real important.

Bcoz , if somebody make any font bold r write it by different colour, i dont c anything wrong, speceally my sig is edited for font colour.

Last edited by Omio; June 9, 2006 at 06:38 PM..
Old June 9, 2006, 04:26 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio
I hav a compliment
They are doing fine.

Definitely Moderators's deserve compliment for their great effort and dedication.
Old June 9, 2006, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

compliment or complain?i also dont like some of the rules but u hav to follow them. i also dont like one specific moderator's posts. if someone makes mistake his reply post is pretty harsh. no offence
Old June 9, 2006, 06:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Yes, Its very important to follow the rule, and every user shud follow the rule to make the site more popular and nice.