facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 27, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Malalas Of the World

The original Malala may be garner most of the headlines, but that doesn't mean that other Malalas don't exist. I thought it would be sobering as well as inspirational to have a tribute to the various Malalas of the world, each whom is fighting a struggle that to them is bigger than the world.

The first one I will share is an Indian Malala from Haryana...

Quote:
Haryana, India (CNN) -- She's just 16 years old and one month ago was about to sit her final-year exams when she says she was shoved into a car and gang-raped by eight men in a small village in the Indian state of Haryana.

"I remember being driven by the canal, all the guys were standing there then four more boys came on a motorbike," said the teenager, who had been hoping to be the first female high school graduate in her family.

"There were approximately 12 men. Eight men raped me, they then fed me a pill, they filmed the whole thing and left."

The teenager kept her ordeal secret for 10 days before her mother noticed something was wrong.

"She would just lie in bed all day, she wouldn't talk, she wouldn't eat, I thought she was ill. Those rapists had threatened to kill our family and show the video to the entire village if she opened her mouth," she said...

...When her father heard about the rape video, he couldn't live with the thought of his daughter's pain and how she would be judged by society, her mother said.

He committed suicide by swallowing pesticides.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/12/world/...iref=obnetwork

#OneTeam1Dream