facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 30, 2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim/ash/aftab/sakib/ria
Default selfish cricket from bangladeshi batsman?

i dont want to say that everybody is selfish cricketer in bnagladesh team but some of them . if any player plays for his good innings rather than looking at how many runs the team required, than who ever biggest team it is they never gonna win . this really bad stuff for any player to lose match very easily against any body . because that never gonna help to win a match ?????????

Old June 30, 2008, 04:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Sipon bhai, you obviously is not following Bangladesh cricket close enough. Our batsmen nowadays don't play to win matches, they play for cumulative scores around 240, as required by the 'team rules' set up by coach Jamie Siddons. The batsmen were just playing as they were instructed (although they failed to reach their goal this time).
Old June 30, 2008, 04:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Then should we come to a conclusion that Jamie Siddons is a selfish man and is trying to make our players selfish too?
Old June 30, 2008, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

What? Our players started selling fish and cricket together?
Old June 30, 2008, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis_BD
Then should we come to a conclusion that Jamie Siddons is a selfish man and is trying to make our players selfish too?
I think he is just a man who is enjoying his fat salary and trying to impress his bosses with some meaningless stats. You know, like most of the upper management people in corporate world are.
Old June 30, 2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Sipon bhai, you obviously is not following Bangladesh cricket close enough. Our batsmen nowadays don't play to win matches, they play for cumulative scores around 240, as required by the 'team rules' set up by coach Jamie Siddons. The batsmen were just playing as they were instructed (although they failed to reach their goal this time).

Probably the worst coaching technique one can hope to see. He doesn't care about opposition, pitch conditions, batting first, second all these factors?
Old June 30, 2008, 05:31 PM
Test Cricketer

The problem with our batsmen always has been that they are not selfish. In fact, they appear to have no regard for their wickets, getting out to stupid shots. Even today, Ashraful went to hook a ball that was just not short enough.

Jayasurya does not hit every ball. He either hits ones which are short or those which are given width. True, he then goes for it.
Old June 30, 2008, 05:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
ki kio fish, koi , sing.. magur
Old June 30, 2008, 06:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: ASHRAFUL~~the SupeSonic

I don’t understand where we get the idea from. Because ramiz raza said so. This is not realistic blame to bring against the players. And why in each case when we fail we have to blame coach (JS) or the Captain.

If we go over today’s match against SL. Tamim got out improvising a stupid four but that don’t show he is selfish player. Ash was playing brilliantly. All my friends who were watching the match were sure he will do something. But only one bad shot get him out...where is the selfishness? Roqibiul tried his best but most successful batsman in cricket world has problem with murali's DUSRA. Now I don’t want to clarify each of the batsman innings. But one thing surely this is not selfishness but it is the mental problem. It is easy to say different words/ things from outside. But the players are the one who are facing the opponent in the field.

I would like to say one more thing; I like the concept of scoring 240+ every match. Because the opponent team don’t go for the statistic how many game we win in last 10 matches. They look for overall performance of the BD team. If SL/ IND/ PAK/ AUS find out the stats that we scored 240+ in every game we played in last 10/20 ODI then the impression about the BD team will change. They will think twice. Their batsmen will think be4 making slog shot, their blowers will think about line and length. But if they find out (which they normally do) we win 2 games in last 10 ODI then it don’t make any good impression because the other 8 matches we lose very badly.

So my point is, what BD team is trying to do is that they want to achieve a slot first and then go for win. It is much better option rather than go for 1/2 win in 10 odi and lose the rest badly.

When you do something for your country you do it from your heart...everybody is not nizami/golam azam. i respect my country and i respect the players (although all of them are younger then me). It is very rude to call them selfish. Hope i can justify my points.
Old July 1, 2008, 12:53 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammun
I don’t understand where we get the idea from. Because ramiz raza said so. This is not realistic blame to bring against the players. And why in each case when we fail we have to blame coach (JS) or the Captain.

If we go over today’s match against SL. Tamim got out improvising a stupid four but that don’t show he is selfish player. Ash was playing brilliantly. All my friends who were watching the match were sure he will do something. But only one bad shot get him out...where is the selfishness? Roqibiul tried his best but most successful batsman in cricket world has problem with murali's DUSRA. Now I don’t want to clarify each of the batsman innings. But one thing surely this is not selfishness but it is the mental problem. It is easy to say different words/ things from outside. But the players are the one who are facing the opponent in the field.

I would like to say one more thing; I like the concept of scoring 240+ every match. Because the opponent team don’t go for the statistic how many game we win in last 10 matches. They look for overall performance of the BD team. If SL/ IND/ PAK/ AUS find out the stats that we scored 240+ in every game we played in last 10/20 ODI then the impression about the BD team will change. They will think twice. Their batsmen will think be4 making slog shot, their blowers will think about line and length. But if they find out (which they normally do) we win 2 games in last 10 ODI then it don’t make any good impression because the other 8 matches we lose very badly.

So my point is, what BD team is trying to do is that they want to achieve a slot first and then go for win. It is much better option rather than go for 1/2 win in 10 odi and lose the rest badly.

When you do something for your country you do it from your heart...everybody is not nizami/golam azam. i respect my country and i respect the players (although all of them are younger then me). It is very rude to call them selfish. Hope i can justify my points.

You put it so nicely.

People failed to notice that BD batsmen were trying as hard as possible at the beginning. Then Murali's Doosra suffocated them. And playing Doosra under light becomes more difficult. Overlooking this facts and calling our players selfish-how do you justify that?
Old July 1, 2008, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:

Simply spot on...!!!
Old July 1, 2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imtiaz
The problem with our batsmen always has been that they are not selfish. In fact, they appear to have no regard for their wickets, getting out to stupid shots. Even today, Ashraful went to hook a ball that was just not short enough.

Jayasurya does not hit every ball. He either hits ones which are short or those which are given width. True, he then goes for it.
Spot on.

And Shammun! thats a good post.
Old July 1, 2008, 02:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Good stuff!! Keep it up shammun. I think we still have plenty to learn from our opponents. IND/PAK always treat SLA with attitude regardless of how they play, I don’t understand why we can’t get close to SLA. Are we afraid of them? If we keep worshiping Jayasuria, Murali and Vass.. don’t think we’ve any chance against them.. let’s think bigger and better.. we’re slowly improving our batting, it’s just bowling where we need more attention and hopefully it will be sorted out before next twenty20 world cup.. until then relax and enjoy our optimistic loosing performance
Old July 1, 2008, 03:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Tu-photti kori kam shyash, na koitte haille "zast bet phipfi obhar", ar konokrome eyakkan hifti-hufti mari tiki zawa -- that's what Sid and most of his Kids are all about.

That's why Ollie's innings was so extra special.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 1, 2008 at 03:13 AM..
Old July 1, 2008, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

i really understand the purpose of this thread..something to do with our batsman being selfish???
just out of curiousity sipon, how old are you?

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old July 1, 2008, 06:20 AM
Club Cricketer

i agree with Miss sobha. what a pointless thread. our cricketers could have been considered if they were scoring heavily but taking a lot of time and not playing for the win. well face the reality guys, our batsmen aint getting runs enough.
And by the way alok's innings displayed was far away from selfish
Old July 1, 2008, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

Quote:

.. u've said it all my friend..
Old July 1, 2008, 07:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Mase Bhate Bangali...sell fish korbona to ki babuder game kelbo...
Old July 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: ASHRAFUL~~the SupeSonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
You put it so nicely.

People failed to notice that BD batsmen were trying as hard as possible at the beginning. Then Murali's Doosra suffocated them. And playing Doosra under light becomes more difficult. Overlooking this facts and calling our players selfish-how do you justify that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Simply spot on...!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crikfreak
.. u've said it all my friend..
thanks a lot .......
Old July 2, 2008, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Many posters here in BC don't like Siddons. I actually like his ideas. Our batsmen are so irresponsible and immature that treating them like a baby is actually not so bad idea. If we score 240 runs every other game, we will win our shares of game. We got the test status long time ago and we are still struggling to score 220 plus on regular occasion. If Siddons can somehow transform these bunch of losers and make them score 240 on a consistent basis, I will consider this a big success. Now, bowling and fielding has gone downhill and thats a concern. But once we get Sakib back and Rasel is fully fit again, there is no doubt in my mind our bowling will improve. Losing a proven performer like Rafiq will take some time to recover and we need to be patient with these bunches.
Old July 2, 2008, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Many posters here in BC don't like Siddons. I actually like his ideas. Our batsmen are so irresponsible and immature that treating them like a baby is actually not so bad idea. If we score 240 runs every other game, we will win our shares of game. We got the test status long time ago and we are still struggling to score 220 plus on regular occasion. If Siddons can somehow transform these bunch of losers and make them score 240 on a consistent basis, I will consider this a big success. Now, bowling and fielding has gone downhill and thats a concern. But once we get Sakib back and Rasel is fully fit again, there is no doubt in my mind our bowling will improve. Losing a proven performer like Rafiq will take some time to recover and we need to be patient with these bunches.
Agree 100% and about bowling i think we are in the same place as we were before. look at the stats. when ever it was a batting pitch like here in Pak or back in BD other test team scored 300. Hell even Kenya scored 300 against us. so yeah we need to improve on that but that doesn't mean it went down hill. we need a bowling coach. how can a guy who never bowled against these test teams or played 1st class cricket will teach where to bowl? doesn't make any sense...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 2, 2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tamim/ash/aftab/sakib/ria

look siddon is not a selfish cricketer . he is the perfect coach for bangladesh at this time i guess . he knows whats our batsman main problem thats why he trying to work on it . i think he is very good coach for bangladesh .but player should play by their situation, not for themselves . but why siddon have to tell them player have to be aggressive or defensive . player should understand that they should do aggressive batting or defensisve .thats could bring lots of hope for our team
Old July 3, 2008, 03:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

Are we trying to impress the opponent by our game?

If you are talking about critics/ICC, I think a win is more valuable than 25 losses making a score of 240+ each time. You compete only when you play for winning. JS might be able to convince BCB and some fans with with his udbhot stats, these are not acceptable anywhere in the cric world.

Win and loss counts, not some 240+

If our condition is so poor, to justify such act, People will shout more to drop us from the test level and come when you can. or Why they shouldn't give same opportunity to SCO, IRE, KEN, UAE ?? They also can progress in this manner !! 200, 220, 240... and 4 years for each 10 runs !!