facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 8, 2009, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

They lack common cricket sense!

Old June 8, 2009, 05:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I am glad that i was at work and did not see this match. After yesterday's match against India(which on paper and form is a much better team than Ireland), I did not think very badly of that defeat, after all they were playing the best 20/20 team in the world, so I drew a bit of heart and hope from that and thought they will do much better against Ireland. It shows that BD cannot perform under pressure and becomes paralysed with fear and doubt, and not one player could have been there to support this team, they all collapsed like a pack of cards, they are back to their old habits. They beat ireland not too long ago in BD, I wonder if the cold got to them and muddled their brains and thinking, whereas the Irish is used to cold, damp and rainy weather.
there is a saying "old habits die hard" and they crushed IRE on that series. But nothing to say when our players have a brain like a frog.
Old June 8, 2009, 07:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

I hate to say I told you so but oh well...
Old June 8, 2009, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Dissapointed
Old June 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Frame-by-Frame Analysis of the Match

0:42
although a 4, still not a mati kamrano shot, in the air, foreshadow of wicket
1:20 had 14 of the so far but takes the bait AND STILL GOES FOR THE UNNECESSARY PREMEDITATED SLOG
Early wicket causes pressure
2:10 Lovely cut by Tamim
2:25 Most pivotal point of the game. Especially getting a life from here, Ash should have been cautious in the coming deliveries....
4:05 And voila! You have the desired outcome from the bad omen in the former frame. Not footwork or bodywork whatsoever, doesn't make any room for himself...
4:43 At this stage, nearing the halfway park in six and a half overs for loss of 2.
Still ok.
4:47 But....but since peter vaat digestioniziation kora lagbo, we have this. Totally unnecessary taking of the aerial route.
5:37 God still favoring on us. However, Fate cast a different die. This is just pure misfortune. Tamim was steadily getting dangerous and in that zeal he became overeager and scampered for a non existant run. Another turning point.
6:19 61-4 Now massive pressure on us. And since everybody knows we are lame at mental game, their demoralizing self-defeat body language will soon be apparent.
And idiot Riyad should have sacrificed.
6:40 Pure brilliance. Genius wicketkeeping from the Irish side. Another idiotic victim of sharp as needle fielders. At this stage game is almost swaying Ireland's favor cuz of the lack of mental strength of BD. 66-5 is still not a pressure, but we have the uncanny gift of making it a pressure.
7:08 EVEN after all these, another black ill omen of taking the forbidden aerial route.
Some partnership thanks to Rakib will lead to this... (hate to say this Rakib actually steadied the sail here.)
7:21 Rakibul bowled 92-6.
7:51 Another Aerial route! Have you lost your count by now?
6:13 Failure to protecting the stumps, misread bowler. But I got sympathy for Naeem, 1.he played well against eendia and 2. he cant buoy a sinking dinghy at this stage.
9:08 Here here HIGHEST IRELAND MADE IN ANY T20 SO FAR WAS 119!! We still had some psychological hope at this level.
Finally some bravado batting by Mashrafe lead to this:
9:35 :-] Stil a pretty medium-strong score. We can still win this game if we give 200% in the field and from intelligent bowling.

But poor line and length from Rubel and Mash would lead to:

1:00 36-1 Incorrigble deliveries from Mashrafe. I guess the Past of KKR incubus still haunting him with this oneiric, wet deliveries.
2:16 Shakib the wizard strikes, but too late. Them Irish are already at the halfway mark with only loss of two wickets. Statisically game swaying in their favor. Still the deflated spirti of BD could have created a complete volte-face, but
2:46 IRE 80-3 RRR: 7.91 > RR 6.32 We could still have choked them by playing the Russian roulette number game. But we didnt add enough pressure in the vice.
3:16 Check check. IRE 95-4. RR 6.20 wayyy less than RR 8.81. Still anybody's game.
3:32 Three boundaies: 1 SIX from Shakib and 2 FOURS from Rubel changed the course of the game.

Gopal's Moral(e) of the Day: Never underestimate your opponent. And never ever ever give up. We could have easily had him. And there in lies the rub...cuz of the word "easily."

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 8, 2009, 08:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
university degree??? man how funny. he passed HSC may be 2 years back. when he retired for ICL, you know what he said?? he said he want to concentrate to his study. he is studying in uni. don't have a degree yet i guess and won't get any i think. married and got lots of money from ICL as well. i think you that he has better thing to do than study, you know what i mean. i think ICC should take the ODI status from BD as well. let them play with associates for another 10 years.
alright then hes passed HSC... ASH HASNT EVEN DONE THAT!
And plz think of him in terms of performance,leave personal sentiments out when looking at a player's capability

You people always term Shahriar Nafees as a minnow bashar right? WELL IRELAND ARE A MINNOW TEAM!! or atleast were before they beat us today...maybe if Nafees was in the team today,the result may have been a lot different
Old June 8, 2009, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

So who will hve the honors for opening celebration thread for West Indies match? LoL

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 8, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

You take the honors.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashraf-FTP
i so much agree.. and we need a keeper so get Dhiman back.. he wont do worse than baitta//
baitta, ami to koi gittu! LOL! Kotha thik - Dhiman > gittu (mush)!
Old June 9, 2009, 06:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

post korar mood nai - mukhta teto hoe ache kalke theke.
Old June 9, 2009, 07:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Yes, if only shariar nafees was here! He knows how to bash a minnow or two..tho the Irish are pretty tall..dnno who'd bash who

Really shocking match. I'm still in shock