facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 8, 2011, 07:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Default Stories of Muslim Reverts

http://
Old May 8, 2011, 07:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Old May 8, 2011, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

anybody else read the title as "story of Muslim Perverts"? For a second, I thought I would be reading about Tonoy.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

ShubhanaAllah !! Great share BCF !!! Nice to know he's an Aussie bloke
Old May 8, 2011, 10:36 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
anybody else read the title as "story of Muslim Perverts"? For a second, I thought I would be reading about Tonoy.
ahahah... i thought it said perverts too...
Old May 10, 2011, 03:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed411
ahahah... i thought it said perverts too...
me three.
Old May 8, 2011, 04:09 PM
Cricket Savant

gold

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 8, 2011, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Thanx for the video..
Old May 8, 2011, 07:04 PM
Club Cricketer

That was a wonderful story.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

ShubhanaAllah... wonderful to hear/listen.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 9, 2011, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Whats the difference between a "convert" and a "revert" in religious context?
Old May 9, 2011, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Whats the difference between a "convert" and a "revert" in religious context?
It should have read as 'convert'. Revert would indicate 'born again' in the Christian context. Here, revert would refer to an individual originally Muslim, lapsed for a while and finally deciding to 'revert' back to being a Muslim.

This is not a thread I wish to hijack and might I request those who read 'revert' as 'pervert' to find their laughs elsewhere? Some members of this forum are rather more traditionalist and vocal in their pursuit of religion. It is no sweat of my back nor those Muslims who prefer not to be so vocal. If you don't like this thread or other threads glorifying Islam why not ignore them rather than making a banal comment? Why can't we respect each other a little more?
Old May 9, 2011, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
This is not a thread I wish to hijack
yet you did.

Quote:
might I request those who read 'revert' as 'pervert' to find their laughs elsewhere?
why? Seeing "pervert" in place of "revert" says more about us than the thread unless there are actually more Muslim perverts than reverts, then it makes us visionaries.

Quote:
Some members of this forum are rather more traditionalist and vocal in their pursuit of religion.
Good and some members this forum are more progressive and vocal in making light of things.

Quote:
If you don't like this thread or other threads glorifying Islam why not ignore them rather than making a banal comment?
Who said we didn't like this thread? But I liked my joke better. If you are offended by it, too bad - you need to change instead of trying to change me. I am not a traditionalist.

Quote:
Why can't we respect each other a little more?
who was disrespected in this thread?
Old May 10, 2011, 03:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yet you did.

why? Seeing "pervert" in place of "revert" says more about us than the thread unless there are actually more Muslim perverts than reverts, then it makes us visionaries.

Good and some members this forum are more progressive and vocal in making light of things.

Who said we didn't like this thread? But I liked my joke better. If you are offended by it, too bad - you need to change instead of trying to change me. I am not a traditionalist.

who was disrespected in this thread?
If you liked the spirit of this thread you wouldn't have made your flippant and immature comment about perversion.

You are all about flippancy and irreverence without any concept of respect for alternative perspectives. While your imbecile humour might amuse yourself but it is disrespectful to the serious tone of the thread implied by the original poster. This thread was an attempted celebration of piety through Islam. You might 'like your joke better' but it disrespects, lowers the tone and subverts the original thread. You can express your impious and for all I care, moronic views in your own irreligious thread, however, here, you are disrespecting the original poster and his views.

You bring in a new level of banality and flippancy which has been tolerated for far too long in this forum. I believe that you were known as Orpheus before and carried the very same sarcastic tone, however, I fear that you'd see this more as an accolade than a critique.

The essence of Bengali culture lay in toleration, moderation and respect for elders.
Old May 10, 2011, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
. You might 'like your joke better' but it disrespects, lowers the tone and subverts the original thread. You can express your impious and for all I care, moronic views in your own irreligious thread, however, here, you are disrespecting the original poster and his views.
Do you think before you write or you just write where ever you finger takes you (and I don't wanna know where your finger takes you). Whose views are you talking about? The original poster posted a YOUTUBE video without writing a single text in the body. Which member's views am I disrespecting? You know there is a thread called the "video thread" for youtube clips like this. Not every video you watch on youtube has to be a thread on its own UNLESS you can contribute your own thoughts also - which the original poster failed to do. And here you are talking all nonsense about traditionalist, alternate perspective, views. What's wrong with you? Your cat isn't giving you enough love?

Quote:
You bring in a new level of banality and flippancy which has been tolerated for far too long in this forum.
Some people enjoy it. But If you feel like this way, next time take your own advice, ignore them and move on. And stop using the word "banal" in every post of yours, it makes you sound like a pervert.

Quote:
The essence of Bengali culture lay in toleration, moderation and respect for elders.
That is your definition on what the essence of Bengali culture is. To me, essence of bengali culture is eating shorishar ilish, wearing lungi and employing pretty kajer buas because they are so low priced that it's criminal. You see Mr. Traditionalist, you have the tendency to define things for yourself and expect others to adhere to it. That's not gonna happen here or anywhere.
Old May 10, 2011, 03:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

Quote:
It should have read as 'convert'. Revert would indicate 'born again' in the Christian context. Here, revert would refer to an individual originally Muslim, lapsed for a while and finally deciding to 'revert' back to being a Muslim.
not necessarily. in Islam we believe every child is born with 'fitra' or natural disposition to God. but eventually because of up bringing in non-muslim family and society, children are taught to believe in false god(s)/or no belief in God at all. in that sense, many who become Muslim say that they have reverted back to their original belief.
Old May 10, 2011, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib
not necessarily. in Islam we believe every child is born with 'fitra' or natural disposition to God. but eventually because of up bringing in non-muslim family and society, children are taught to believe in false god(s)/or no belief in God at all. in that sense, many who become Muslim say that they have reverted back to their original belief.
Sakib, you have clarified the concept of reversion here. Following your assertion, it would suggest that a greater effort is required for the convert, in your terms, the revert to come back to Islam. Does that mean this 'revert' is more highly prized by the creator than the individual who had been born within Islam and had not strayed, perhaps like yourself?
Old May 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

Quote:
Sakib, you have clarified the concept of reversion here. Following your assertion, it would suggest that a greater effort is required for the convert, in your terms, the revert to come back to Islam. Does that mean this 'revert' is more highly prized by the creator than the individual who had been born within Islam and had not strayed, perhaps like yourself?
just to clarify, you can use either revert or convert. its just a term, nothing much. but some converts prefer the term revert.

God judge us according to our intentions and actions. doesn't matter whether you are a born Muslim or revert. if you are not practicing, if you don't follow the commandments properly, then even if you have reverted, not much value. but the 'advantage' that converts have over us born Muslims is that, at the time they convert, all their past sins are forgiven, i.e. they get a clean sheet. but from that moment forward, we all are same in God's eyes.
Old May 10, 2011, 08:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib

Masha Allah! Very eloquently explained. I'll further explain 'fitrah' as the primordial disposition (inherent in every souls) which is naturally inclined towards the Oneness (Tawhid) of Allah/God and His 'nature'. Therefore, when a non-muslim embraces Islam we say he has 'reverted' back to his natural disposition or state.

@ Ashfaq

The use of 'convert' is also acceptable in English. But the usage of 'revert' is more appropriate in light of the above.
Old May 9, 2011, 09:16 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qofGS...layer_embedded

after 7:45.
Old May 10, 2011, 08:27 AM
Cricket Guru

@Puck,

Though you profess you have no intention of hijacking this tread but by engaging in a needless "Jihad" with idumb you're EXACTLY doing that. But you know this all too well.

@idumb,

The fact that I didn't 'contribute' anything by not writing a single text to the body doesn't mean you should "'trash" the thread. Rather than resorting to the 'esoteric' way of teaching the finer points of BC postings why don't you just simply post what you feel is the right way to make an contribution. I didn't post it in the YOUTUBE video clips thread as I intend to "share" further more stories in the future, Insha Allah. Salaam
Old May 10, 2011, 08:35 AM
Cricket Guru

I dedicate the following video particularly to my idumb brother who is fond of texts in a post

Old May 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Excellent share that one BCF !
Old May 10, 2011, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Excellent share that one BCF !
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.