facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 3, 2005, 05:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Please invite Kenya for 5 games

Hello,
I think we should put a pressure group on BCCB to invite the Kenyan team in Bangladesh (all the games need to be finished before 1 April 2006). With the new qualifying scenario, ranked 7 to 10th would be playing in the ICC champions qualifying compition. At the moment we are 11th and would not even take part on that . So please put the pride in one side and invite them for a 5 game one day series. I am sure we would beat them in every game, thus our ranking would go up and their would come down. BCCB CEO please consider.

Old July 3, 2005, 06:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Dude...

Dint u hear that BCB is planning to arrange a tri nation trophy with ZIM & KEN ?

But yes i agree we play them again separately but will that be allowed by ICC as Ken is not a full member of ICC yet.....i dont think ny ODI status team can come to play series in other country which is a full member like Bangladesh....i think we can go to Kenya but it wont be good to go there and play as Kenya dont have good cricketing enviorment...
Old July 3, 2005, 06:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Sorry, bit out of news, Did not know Kenya have bin kicked out of the One day status, No problem. I am sure we can take part and would kick some butts in India, Source:
http://content.cricinfo.com/kenya/co...ry/212091.html
Old July 3, 2005, 11:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Okay, I will get on the phone with the Kenya Cricket Board as soon as I finish my coffee.
Old July 3, 2005, 11:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

sad for kenya, we shud kick them out and move bangladesh one place higher.
Old July 3, 2005, 12:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Sorry, bit out of news, Did not know Kenya have bin kicked out of the One day status, No problem.
It is my understanding that Kenya has not been kicked out of one-day status. rather, five other countries have been added to it. The six may play one-day-internationals among each other or with the ten 'test' playing nations.

The proposed triangular with BD-ZIM-KEN participating is a real possibility.
Old July 3, 2005, 01:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by ibnul
a pressure group on BCCB to...
What exactly is that?!
Old July 3, 2005, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Kenya have been demoted to the 2nd tier ODI status. So now Bangladesh is 10th out of 10 in the 1st tier. Automatic selection to the qualiying tournament.
Old July 3, 2005, 02:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by reinausagi

It is my understanding that Kenya has not been kicked out of one-day status. rather, five other countries have been added to it. The six may play one-day-internationals among each other or with the ten 'test' playing nations.
Well, there is a small change - Kenya does not have the permanent right to play ODI anymore. From 2009, they have to participate in ICC Trophy to keep the status for another four years, just like five other countries.

Cricinfo also agrees with me-
Quote:
Critics argue that Kenya are no longer guaranteed a World Cup and Champions Trophy spot, and that they have to take their chances with other associates in the four-yearly qualifying tournament (which also determines which six countries have one-day status). But the reality is that if Kenya cannot get into that top six, then they do not deserve to consider themselves a serious player on the world stage. Given the talent they possess and the enthusiasm which remains despite the problems, they should be at the head of the six.
I believe Kenya will be grouped with five other associate members as soon as ICC figures out who they are from the ongoing ICC Trophy. ICC has not decided yet whether to expand the current ranking to include those six associate members, there is a chance they won't do that.

Edited on, July 3, 2005, 8:58 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old July 3, 2005, 07:40 PM
Banned

Also, beating Kenya will no longer help in our ranking, since, only the matches between full member countries count. So, playing Kenya will no longer count towards ranking.
Old July 3, 2005, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

playing zim will def help
Old July 3, 2005, 07:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally posted by billah
Also, beating Kenya will no longer help in our ranking, since, only the matches between full member countries count. So, playing Kenya will no longer count towards ranking.
R u sure? I think now that the second tier nations can play vs the top tier the games still count toward the points ranking system. It's like this when we beat India and Australia we got 3 points because they are ahead of in the rankings but when they beat us they only get 1 point. If they white wash us they get an extra point i believe.

so 3 wins vs Kenya= 4points
and 4 wins vs Zim =13 points(only if they are ahead of us in the rankings by August)
Old July 3, 2005, 08:02 PM
Banned

Not sure, but ICC ODI Ranking Rules saying:

"Only matches between full members are rated"

Here's the link:

ICC ODI RANKING RULES
Old July 3, 2005, 08:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
ii) All ODIs are treated equally. Although the ICC Cricket World Cup final will have more at stake than any other match, every ODI is subject to the same formula for ratings purposes.
source: Icc One day FAQ
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/faq/odi_faq.html

Edited on, July 4, 2005, 1:06 AM GMT, by cricman.
Old July 3, 2005, 10:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by ibnul
Sorry, bit out of news, Did not know Kenya have bin kicked out of the One day status, No problem. I am sure we can take part and would kick some butts in India, Source:
http://content.cricinfo.com/kenya/co...ry/212091.html
After 30th of July they gonna get it back again . It costs money so , Banglacricket can sponser in the series too . We can add some money from every member and give it to BCB and tell them to organise the tour .
Old July 4, 2005, 05:38 AM
Test Cricketer

I am still doubting bout Kenya's ODI status if its still there or not coz how the hell can they play in the Champions trophy if they dont have a ODI status. I didnt see it mentioned in cricinfo clearly that they have been stipped off.

Guys, this Kenya's ODI status issue is really cofusin me and also i dont blv that if we win against Kenya, that wont be counted in ranking as
---------------------------------------------------------------------
ii) All ODIs are treated equally. Although the ICC Cricket World Cup final will have more at stake than any other match, every ODI is subject to the same formula for ratings purposes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
source: Icc One day FAQ
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/faq/odi_faq.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should play Kenya and take the revenge of our previous defeat. We should know how one felt whn they mauled us for 300+ runs in some matches. It was really sad coz Kenya aint something too great but they made it look that they are great and us as helpless & whipping fellows...

2ndly it would be good test & challenge for our team to show how far are they ahead of Kenya and how much convincingly can they win vs Kenya...

I would propose Bangladesh play Kenya in 5 ODI's and later play a tri-nation trophy with them & Zim to not only earn enough points to move up in ranking but also to see how much are we good comp to them and also this would be our 1st opportunity to score 300+runs and also see our batsmen score more centuires and also they series can give me a big boost & help them increase their avgs...
Old July 4, 2005, 06:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Kenya! oh well..ok bring them on. i think we should go to their field to play. we need to have as much exposure of diff environtment as possible.

I think home series with Kenya would be "not so interesting".
Old July 4, 2005, 06:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

i think BD will improve its ranking against Kenya anyway in this upcoming August.

but should we not play more game with WI and Srilanka now? we need to have some away series with WI for sure, we are going to have a WC coming up there in 17 monthes from now.

I hope BCB make some effort on that. hopefully next february after indian series.
Old July 4, 2005, 08:51 AM
Test Cricketer

http://content.cricinfo.com/banglade...ry/212576.html

It might just happen.