facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 18, 2008, 07:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Guess which bolod thought he has been rested (not dropped)? Yeah, most of you got it right, it was Aftab

Old May 18, 2008, 07:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

true, i mean if a club team doesn't think they're committed enough then i don't see how they could be committed enough to play internationally. i guess they could be using the club matches as a time to relax but tbh they've done so poorly for the national team they don't deserve to relax. until they can start performing internaitonally they should be taking domestic cricket as serious as possible.
Old May 18, 2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
They are so stupid. Some of the players actually think they were rested.
I though I were the only one in that list!!! Now, I have few friends too!
Old May 19, 2008, 12:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

ki lojjar kotha. National team captain can't ensure his place in a local team. Shame to our national selectors too. Even the local club selectors have the gut to drop classy players, national selectors don't.

er por o jodi ei dui beshorom er laj na hoy, tahole ar konodin hoibo na. I will then call them bishsho-beshorom.

Last edited by BD-Shardul; May 19, 2008 at 03:06 AM..
Old May 19, 2008, 12:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Guess which bolod thought he has been rested (not dropped)? Yeah, most of you got it right, it was Aftab
Actually Aftab was in confusion. Either way, he told, he was fine.
Old May 19, 2008, 12:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

As expected, we won by 7 wickets without AAZ.

BTW, here are a few numbers: -

1. Kepten Ahammok Double Figures Batil: 8 matches, 189 runs, API 23.6 ... HS 70*

2. Baitt'ha Pakistane Bou Loya Bhaloi Khelsi Ahammok Sodree: 6 matches, 83 runs, API 13.8.

3. Tor Abar Ki Hoilo Imroze: 8 matches, 118 runs, API 14.75.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 19, 2008, 02:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

so when these players are dropped by their club they are not good enough for the club.

so how can these player be good enough for a the national team ????

i hope they are also dropped from the national team
Old May 19, 2008, 03:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump

so how can these player be good enough for a the national team ????
Only Good enough? eida ki kon miya bhai? Ash is good enough to captain national side.
Old May 19, 2008, 04:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Hey Sadz, are you Rabz's brother?

Names could be deceiving......

No, he is not my brother...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 19, 2008, 05:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

this is sooo cool!!! they've finally been dropped.. i was waiting for this news for soooo loong... this is really embarrasing for them.. kicked out of their own club!! ha.. now.. will the national selectors kick them out as well??i can't believe they were kicked out of their clubs!! god this must be soo embarrasing for them.. but they deserve it... after a long time i've found what i was looking for in bc.. actually.. no.. i'm looking for the news of them being kicked out of the national squad.. but this is close enough..
Old May 19, 2008, 08:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Easy come easy go!!

You won't see me giving due kudos to Mohamadan every now then. Either I would skip the thread or bash some more.

But this is different. They have done something that affects our national team in a positive way. From an Abahani Fan, I convey my "Salaam" for choosing them in the first place and then dropping the non-performing three.
Old May 19, 2008, 09:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Yes I agree with TE. Modamedan did a very couragous thing and that is dump the non-performers and cut loss and make a strong statement. And as a Non Modamedan Fan I have to give credit to them. Beacuse as you said its a good move for our national team... however will our natioanl team selectors will get the signal and learn from their junior (in terms of status) how to deal with the dead woods?
Old May 19, 2008, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I feel SAD for those three. I know at least they r trying hard to get out from this bad Patch and I think r stuck in between. Cause they were heavily praised on time to play the way they play now all of a sudden they were told to play in the box. Now because of their lack in experience and real cricket knowledge they r failing to cope with it.

MSC took the right decision and so should BD but still i feel sorry for the trio and hope they change their game which they should have done when they started playing...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default BCB Selectors, Siddons Bhaiyyajans - How Long Are You Going To Continue Your Jamai Ador With The Golden Boys (Ashraful, Aftab, Junaed)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
This is really funny and embarrasing!

Mohammedan Club has dropped Ashraful the captain and two other senior national team players, Aftab and Zunaed today!

Club officials say a total lack of committment and responsibility were shown by the so called stars.
Mohammedan not only lost to BKSP and Abahani in a row to destroy any hopes of league contender, but now they are finishing third inspite a big-budget team.

As for players, i hope this should teach them a lesson but i know it wont.

Please read the www.bdnews24.com report.

http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/detai...id=27104&cid=5
Thanks to Mohammedan Management for the Big step to restore sanity in the team

The impact as we see bore instant results.

Mohammedan won against City Club beating them by seven wickets.

Reshuffling the team had brought about immediate results

Now over to BCB Selectors, Siddons Bhaiyyajans.

Take a leaf out of Mohammedan’s BRAVE DECISION .They have no BCB Selectors nor any batting coach.

But they have one important thing - COMMON SENSE.

Why COMMON SENSE? In any working environment a person is accountable to the company \ organization for his/her performance be it be a Shadharon Chakor ,Darwan, Clerk, Officer, Manager, Director, MD .

If they fail they are either demoted as a means of punishment, Laid Off (in North America and other developed countries) sacked or replaced.

Same theory applies in the playing arena like Cricket as well. So if a cricketer be it be a Captain or just a member of the team is not performing he may get a temporary or extended layoff or replacement. There is no respite from that.

Second important thing ie when replacement has been made they must ensure they choose the right fit to recompose the team.

Mohammedans Management have done that and they are getting immediate Results

So BSB Selectors and Siddons Bhaiyyajans it would make sense to take lessons from the Mohammedan Management.

So my question to you is are you going to extend the JAMAI ADOR to the golden boys?

Everyone is contemplating a brave decision from your end? If you don’t chances are People will brand you with weird usernames .They have already coined Two Bolods –Choto and Boro to players. They are not saying it intentionally but it is coming out of anger, frustration and disappointment because time and again they are failing and there is a limit for cricket fans like us to swallow the bitter pill.

The other thing is once BCB Selectors have decided the selection of BD team for the triangular, it is time they do performance appraisal of the Coach.

He is off course in the probation period and I guess if he has completed 6 months then he is now due for that.

So far we have not heard anything as such. Just one interview with a Journalist with Siddons which incidentally was far from satisfactory.

Anyway as an avid Fan of BD team I have spent quite a number of hours to prepare a summary of Net Results that we have gotten from Siddons so far which I am presenting before the readers.

This is my perception as I see it .I may be right and wrong. Correct me if I am wrong at any point But I strongly feel that I must bring it to the attention of readers to see what they think about it.

Here you go.

What’s The Net Results From Siddons So Far

Series Victory - One.
Academic interest as it was against Ireland- Associate Member of ICC.

3 Series losses: New Zealand, South Africa and Pakistan .

Team Performance: Overall Team Performance Very Poor.

Individual batting Pretty good actually: Tammim, Nafees( per Ireland success), Junaed (Per NewZealand Success), Riyad, Sakib, Dhiman.

Batting Failure: Ashraful, Aftab.

Opening Pair: Only One consistently Performing - Tammim.

Rest : Flop Masters.

Top order – Consistent Failure: Ashraful, Aftab.
Middle Order: Saqib, Riyad, Dhiman – Good Improvements.

Bowling – Downhill
Mashrafe (up and down).

Rasel lost his sharpness and striking abilities.

Razzaq – lost his form and Wicket Taking Abilities.

Shahadat –Great Improvements – SURELY A POSITIVE FROM SIDDONS.

Fielding: Downhill (Much poorer than Whatmore period).

Expectation/Goal – It will put a Bangladesh kid to shame when He/She listens Guruji to the fact:

Siddons wants us to crawl from 9 to 8 to 7 by 2011.

By the look of things under his present Vision and Tactics even that seems a remote possibility.

Even a small School going Kid knows he has to set a Goal/target for himself in order to do better in the exam.

If the Kid sets a Goal/Target that he wants to get 100 in Math’s, chances are he will end up in the 80 - 90 range unless he is an outstanding one and gets 100.

Now if the Kid reduces his Goal/Target to 80 he will probably end up in the 60 - 70 range.

If the Kid sets a goal of 60 the passing grade ( I do not know if that is the correct one for us now in BD context for schools ) and if he is lucky he will scrape through but chances are the Kid may fail.

Siddons has gone on record saying it is unrealistic for us to Win The World Cup in 2011.

We all know it is next to impossible. My point is what is the problem of setting a Higher Expectation/Goal.

When one sets Higher Expectation/Goal there is the inner hunger /effort/initiative to do better. Even if they can leap 2 positions higher at 2011, it will be a good achievement .But if you say at the very outset we cannot do it. It is a defeatist mentality unbecoming of a Head Coach.

We all know that Coach Siddons cannot solve so many problems that are confronting us

I will pinpoint a few:

Average pace attack- none is a master of swing bowling capable of quick dislodging opposition core batting line up.

Our Batsman are not accustomed to bouncy pitches because we don’t have one. So how de we expect to have our batsmen do well abroad which are predominantly tailor made Bouncy pitches.

Unstable Opening pair. Only One performing -Tammim Iqbal.

The opening batsmen are expected to set up a decent total for the subsequent middle order and tail enders to finish up with a decent Score. That is not happening.

Fielding – Hardly anything to write about. They say Catches win Matches especially if tthe top batsman gets a Life you don’t get a second chance and the fate of the match is changed. We are indeed poor in this department.

Captaincy – Captain is not performing at all - How can a non performing Captain motivate the team?

Siddons and BCB are making selectoral blunders. They are exposing stroke makers Aftab, Ashraful upfront at 3, 4 positions. How long can these players curb their natural style? It simply does not work work and has ended up in disastrous results for them and the team.

Siddons is trying them to change Batting Style.

For experienced players at an advanced stage it is dificult to change their batting style.

Siddons have so far been unable to do that with Ash, Aftab because they have become accustomed to a style which is difficult to change. That is one of the prime reason of Ash and Aftab’s failure because Siddons is trying them to change their style.

Lack Of Vision, Game Plan.

The Head Coach requires a lot of future Vision, Game Plan for the team to succeed .Siddons is not on the same mould as Dav Whatmore. With him we are experimenting a Batting Coach in a new role of Head Coach.

It is a Trial and Error. We had no choices because he was the best available one at that time as nobody was willing to become our Coach .

Trial and Error in any form takes time to work out compared to a Proven one. The results are there for everyone to see with Dav Whatmore a proven Performer ( Masterminded Sri Lanka to win World Cup in 1996 } bringing us some great victories against the top teams against Jamie Siddons (Batting Coach with zero experience of Head Coach ) struggling to find victories for us.

One hopes Siddons will restrategise and Gift us some Victories.

All the best Guru Siddons.

Last edited by ehteshamul; May 19, 2008 at 04:01 PM..
Old May 19, 2008, 01:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Dear esteshamsul,
eto boro post kano? Jodi ami dhoirjjo harai feli tobey polapain tho dui para'r por ar porbey na.

Point one: Common sense gave the players sign contracts for one year. They will get the bhata no matter what. What do they care? A couple of 50 before the new signing season and everything will be forgotten.

Point two: Mohamadan winnings against City was a formality. This is not a dividends of sacking the superstars. Even AA included Mohamadan team would won against City. City is that bad.

Point three: The evaluation and how to tackle the problems are purana pachal. oita cut korley shobai pura post portho.

Don't take this as a criticism. Take it as a feedback.
Old May 19, 2008, 01:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Ehteshamul is planning to fill in the gaps left by our beloved Vlad-mamu.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 19, 2008, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
This gets funnier everyday. At least he'll be able to do stand up comedy when he gets the kick from the selectors. No wonder he'll do well in his second job - he won't even have to try
Old May 20, 2008, 12:03 AM
Test Cricketer

bd players shouldn't get married. I see significant change in their attitude after they tie the knot.
They have taken this Bd team as granted. That is their main problem.
Old May 20, 2008, 12:25 AM
Banned

MSC's Mahmudur Rahman said, "There is no place for emtion in professional cricket". That is you get paid to perform, not for your class, fame or form.
Old May 20, 2008, 03:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

marrage is nothing to do with this. If u dont have guts to take responsible u will face probe ghore baire dui jaigai.
Old May 20, 2008, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
bd players shouldn't get married. I see significant change in their attitude after they tie the knot.
They have taken this Bd team as granted. That is their main problem.
বিয়ের পরেই আদিম বাংলাদেশি জন্মপ্রদান কালচারের মত ওরাও হয়ে যায় "মানুষ বানানোর কারিকর"। ক্রিকেটাররা তো চিন্তা করা শুরু করে কিভাবে কি করলে তার ভবিষ্যত প্রজন্ম লারা টেন্ডুলকার হবে। সালমা চামেলি পান্না অবশ্য মেয়ে সন্তান দিয়ে কি করা যায় তার একটা পথ দেখিয়ে দিয়েছে।
Old May 20, 2008, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
eto boro post kano? Jodi ami dhoirjjo harai feli tobey polapain tho dui para'r por ar porbey na.
Dui para is an overkill after seeing who wrote the post!

Funny guy...he says "humor has no room for me", and he titles his post as: "BCB Selectors, Siddons Bhaiyyajans - How Long Are You Going To Continue Your Jamai Ador With The Golden Boys (Ashraful, Aftab, Junaed)?"

Contradictory to say the least. Forum e aisha alga pechal.
Old May 20, 2008, 08:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

Funny guy...he says "humor has no room for me", and he titles his post as: "BCB Selectors, Siddons Bhaiyyajans - How Long Are You Going To Continue Your Jamai Ador With The Golden Boys (Ashraful, Aftab, Junaed)?"

Abar lekchar sunar dhanday achho, naki tale-i naimma gyala miyabhai ? ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 20, 2008, 08:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

kabir mia,
ektu gorom monay hoi? tehsin-mahmood permission diya disey. jay kau alga pachal partey parey. ajaira non-ajaira but I don't think they would have an audience to listen to unless it is channeled properly.
Old May 20, 2008, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
kabir mia,
ektu gorom monay hoi? tehsin-mahmood permission diya disey. jay kau alga pachal partey parey. ajaira non-ajaira but I don't think they would have an audience to listen to unless it is channeled properly.
Aray Mijan bhai...ei Democratic society te shobar e right ase alga pechal er...but mainshe jodi democratic rights niya shobaire bebohar ebong achar achoron shikhay, taile to bhai bacha mushkil!

Tehsin bhai r Mahmood bhai bechara ra r ki korbe...shorol prokitir manush, mana o korte parey na.