facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 27, 2005, 08:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default How come mashrafee isn\'t getting any wickets?

mash has been consistent throughout this tournament in terms of bowling with accurate line and length. He definitely impressed a lot of the commentators here in england. but take a look at the number of wickets he got in the last four matches: not very impressive. u guys have any thoughts on that?
Old June 27, 2005, 09:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

If he wants to get an wicket he has to be expensive.

U see WAQAR YONIS, he used to get most wicket than wasim. But waqar used to be expensive then Wasim.
If u bowl accurate line and length the bats man will leave the bowl..thats why Mashrafee needs variation.
Even Taposh gets wickets then mashrafee...cose he has a little bit of variation and expensive..!!!

Thats the reason why......
Old June 27, 2005, 09:25 AM
Test Cricketer

since when did waqar get more wickets than wasim? Waqar was a crappy bowlers in every single way, except for his yorkers.
Old June 27, 2005, 09:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Mashrafes bowling well within himself as you can tell by his ave speed. I think its good thinking! He had double knee operations and it usually takes very long time to get back to the previous best in terms of speed, balance and action. We definitely dont wanna see him breaking down again!
Old June 27, 2005, 09:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
since when did waqar get more wickets than wasim? Waqar was a crappy bowlers in every single way, except for his yorkers.
Are you sure about this?!
Old June 27, 2005, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

naki Ashraful kandhe uitha dise barota bajay...
________
OG KUSH

Last edited by ialbd; February 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM..
Old June 27, 2005, 11:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashrafooooooool

Quote:
Originally posted by ialbd
naki Ashraful kandhe uitha dise barota bajay...
hhahaa.. eita hoite pare..
Old June 27, 2005, 11:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

well mash's not getting enough wickets might have something to do with the fact that he doesn't have a consistent partner to keep the pressure on the batsman. shoeb akhtar was complaining about the same problem in one of his interviews, althought its true that he's always been cocky as hell, but he has a point. if you look at some of the best pace bolwers, they always had a dependable partner: wasim akram had waqar, mcgrath has gillespi, ambrose had walsh. i guess mash has to get used with working by himself, and i think he has done it quite well so far, as far as the run rate is concerned.
Old June 27, 2005, 11:58 AM
BC Editorial Team

I have been thinking about this for a while. I commented a while ago that Masree is NOT a genuine strike bowler at present. Genuine strike bowlers have a happy knack of taking wicket in bunches - that's how you tend to get five-fers. He is however our best bowler and most incisive pacer. Also the most consitent. Hence the strike bowler role has been thrust upon him. Ideally a guy like him would be a stock bowler - bowling line & lenght fast medium stuff with occasional nip-backer, leg cutter and extra bounce delivery that may earn him a wicket. However, he is still young and learning his craft - Gillespie in his early days would rarely get wickets too. If Masree can add a decent yorker and slower ball to his repertoire and up his pace to be consistently around the mid-to-high 80s, he will be getting wickets. The potential is there - his frame is still getting filled out, and his action could do with some tweaking; his aiming arm doesn't come up enough and snap down fast enough.
Old June 27, 2005, 12:00 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default Masrree NOT a strike bowler - at present

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
I have been thinking about this for a while. I commented a while ago that Masree is NOT a genuine strike bowler at present. Genuine strike bowlers have a happy knack of taking wicket in bunches - that's how you tend to get five-fers. He is however our best bowler and most incisive pacer. Also the most consistent. Hence the strike bowler role has been thrust upon him. Ideally a guy like him would be a stock bowler - bowling line & lenght fast medium stuff with occasional nip-backer, leg cutter and extra bounce delivery that may earn him a wicket.

Having said all that, I should point out that, Mortaza is still young and learning his craft - Gillespie in his early days would rarely get wickets too. If Masree can add a decent yorker and slower ball to his repertoire and up his pace to be consistently around the mid-to-high 80s, he will be getting wickets. The potential is there - his frame is still getting filled out, and his action could do with some tweaking; his aiming arm doesn't come up enough and snap down fast enough.

Masree has the atitude of a strike bowler - now he must acquire the skills
Old June 27, 2005, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Mushree would have gotten more wickets had he been playing for another country. He is our only consistent performer. Some may say he is the only test calliber player we have on our side. The current wisdom in field placement does not put enough pressure on the batsmen and, consequently, he does not get his share of wickets. I have seen many times uppish balls squirting through the slip in the Lord's test. This is compounded by the fact that batsmen know that a feast is awating from the bowler at the other end.

He will have more success if he develops a better slower ball technique and not be afraid to vary the length.

Edited on, June 27, 2005, 5:59 PM GMT, by LateCut.
Old June 27, 2005, 01:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

Our bowling...which is usually our strongest point was our main concern in this series ...both in ODIs and test...
even though mash maintained some consistency , I think our bowlers failed to make use of n e conditions...
Old June 27, 2005, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Bashar on Mash- "I feel bad for Mashrafee. He is my top bowler and is doing the hard work everyday. But he is not getting wickets. He deserved more than what he got.

"It is unfortunate that we do not have a bowler of his calibre to put pressure on opponents. He bowled a maiden but in the next over was taken for nine runs. It eventually reduced the pressure on their batsman. I don't want to say that Tapash and Nazmul are bad bowlers. They are also good but obviously lacked the bite and consistency."

-From DS Report
Old June 27, 2005, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally posted by obernell
well mash's not getting enough wickets might have something to do with the fact that he doesn't have a consistent partner to keep the pressure on the batsman.
This is the number one and most important reason......

we need another masri or a quality spinner to make masri look as the real MASHRAFEE-BIN-MORTAZA
Old June 27, 2005, 01:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

i think nazmul's speed is too slow to be an opening bowler for a test playing nation. Nazmul's only weapon is his line and length, but he isn't consistent as we have seen many times. Rajib might give a better support to mash..but then again i don't know if he's ready for that.
Old June 27, 2005, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Bashar on Mash- "I feel bad for Mashrafee. He is my top bowler and is doing the hard work everyday. But he is not getting wickets. He deserved more than what he got.

"It is unfortunate that we do not have a bowler of his calibre to put pressure on opponents. He bowled a maiden but in the next over was taken for nine runs. It eventually reduced the pressure on their batsman. I don't want to say that Tapash and Nazmul are bad bowlers. They are also good but obviously lacked the bite and consistency."
Bashar has the perfect idea............who said he lacks cricketing brains?
Old June 27, 2005, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

mashrafe playus alot better in Asia both bat and ball he gets wicket cause rafique rana and enamual jr are bowling very well and it makes life easier for mashrafe bowling.
Old June 27, 2005, 01:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

to add to what bashar said, the lack of attacking field for masri also played a vital role in this.
Old June 27, 2005, 02:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

At Masri's pace,it is tough to get wickets unless he is as accurate as McGrath.He also needs more variations in his deliveries.Right now,his bowling is good enough to restrict batsmen.But not sharp enough to take 3/4 wickets per match.
Old June 27, 2005, 05:27 PM
Club Cricketer

consistent partner, surgery and all the other million excuses to not get wickets is well and good. But we need a pace bowler who gets wickets despite all advesities. This isn't the little league where mommy is going to come running into the field if u fall and get hurt.
Old June 27, 2005, 05:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bd4life
consistent partner, surgery and all the other million excuses to not get wickets is well and good. But we need a pace bowler who gets wickets despite all advesities. This isn't the little league where mommy is going to come running into the field if u fall and get hurt.
You are right!Since operated on both knees I think Mash has lost the stamina and rythem!!
Old June 27, 2005, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Mashrafe's pace has steadily improved but it's got to the stage where the English batsmen are so arrogant that Mashrafe can't put doubts in their minds. I think he'll be a factor against Sri Lanka if he keeps his head up and doesn't lose heart. That goes for Rafique aswell
Old June 28, 2005, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Pace bowlers hunt in pairs, and we don't have a second quality pacer, period. We need Andy Roberts to go back and do some more work. A bunch of them could fix their actions and do more than they are doing now. I wonder what happens to Tapash...if he is finished after this tour - maybe one more go against SL before some of the others come along.
Old June 28, 2005, 02:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

man, what happened? all sorts of excellent threads on this forum. Great points by all the posters. Yes, perhaps if Shahadat became a decent test bowler, then if a Tapash/Russel/Shafaq become our 3rd pacer, we might just have a decent attack.
Old June 28, 2005, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
his frame is still getting filled out
At a rather healthy rate in my opinion. I think he is developing the earliest hints of a "bhuri". Should be careful. Look at what happened to Botham. When he became well and truly "beefy" he developed back trouble and lost a yard and a half of pace which cost him about a hundred additional wickets in my opinion.