facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2011, 12:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
I think you get your answer when an opposition bowler says this: "We didn't want to get the guy out because he was winning the game for us..."
Did someone really said this?

Old October 13, 2011, 01:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Nayeem sucked today. What the hell dude? He didn't even attempt to find the gaps. I think today we got a much better picture of how much Kayes has improved since coming into the national team.

I applaud the team management effort for trying something different. That shows they are thinking outside the box, which is good. Although the plan may have back fired today, but it's good that they are not sticking to same script over and over again. Hopefully our management will learn from their mistake and in the future think of better moves.
Old October 13, 2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Nayeem sucked today. What the hell dude? He didn't even attempt to find the gaps. I think today we got a much better picture of how much Kayes has improved since coming into the national team.

I applaud the team management effort for trying something different. That shows they are thinking outside the box, which is good. Although the plan may have back fired today, but it's good that they are not sticking to same script over and over again. Hopefully our management will learn from their mistake and in the future think of better moves.
What is disappointing is the management has spent 3 months observing and come up with this? It isn't that they tried something new or not, it's the fact that they thought Naeem would work. That is a gross miscalculation and assessment.

That worries me far more than anything. Is that a serious solution to the lack of batting talent?

Just re-arranging the chairs on a sinking ship is not the answer is it?

I don't applaud this at all. I am rather disappointed that over the last 3 months it's clear that no coaching of the batting issues has taken place. It seems like management is trying to find an answer without coaching. And before anyone says who knows the management isn't coaching, they cant be if 3 months of their coaching gives us the same dreadful batting. Either that or the coaching is just s***.

Whichever is true is is a reflection on management. They appear to be sidestepping issues for not coaching or poor coaching already.
Old October 13, 2011, 02:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
I think you get your answer when an opposition bowler says this: "We didn't want to get the guy out because he was winning the game for us..."
who told?
kethay koise?
Old October 13, 2011, 02:13 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Future of test cricket for us is really bright!!!

I really hope he gets the chanced in test cricket. Come on Nayeem!!! next match ekta quick double hundred kore sobaike chup kor!
50 korte 80 ball khelse...so 200 korte 320 ball khelbe...icc ke bolo amader jonne 20 ta otirikto ball dite...taile naeem er 200 hobar chance ase
Old October 13, 2011, 02:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

If at the beginning of the match , somebody rolled up to you and said "Naeem will need to open today, and he's still going to get a fifty at a 70+ strike rate" - you'd say AWESOME! It was a big total - so what were the big batsmen doing? Where was the "HERO" Tamim Iqbal? Where was Imrul? Ashraful? The "Mr. ICL" Alok Kapali *who, btw, continues to look more clueless than a baby at a topless bar* Naeem came and played a sheet anchor. Any other top order batsman doing that would have gotten a round of applause.

Naeem is doing fine. If ou want more runs at the top, get rid of that Kayes and Bring in Shahriar Nafees.

You have received an infraction at BanglaCricket Forum.
Old October 13, 2011, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Umm except that 50 came at a SR of 60 chasing 299 at a run a ball from the start. Whichever way you look at it there is no justification for that innings and I was one of the advocates for trying out Naeem at the top. He let me down badly. Kayes got a fluent 42 at a SR of 80+. And Kapali looked clueless? Really? He rotated the strike pretty well in my eyes other than being the most economical bowler of the day.

I'd still have Naeem in the team for the next game but I'd like him at 3. If we lose an early wicket then I'd delay his entry to the crease to avoid exposing him to the new ball for as long as possible.
Old October 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman_f
If at the beginning of the match , somebody rolled up to you and said "Naeem will need to open today, and he's still going to get a fifty at a 70+ strike rate" - you'd say AWESOME! It was a big total - so what were the big batsmen doing? Where was the "HERO" Tamim Iqbal? Where was Imrul? Ashraful? The "Mr. ICL" Alok Kapali *who, btw, continues to look more clueless than a baby at a topless bar* Naeem came and played a sheet anchor. Any other top order batsman doing that would have gotten a round of applause.

Naeem is doing fine. If ou want more runs at the top, get rid of that Kayes and Bring in Shahriar Nafees.
Makes sense.

Nayeem had to suddenly come to open in a very big match, because IK wasn't available for opening. Strategy was clear, he will protect one side and TI will hit big. But TI never got going ...

TI, Ash, Mushy, AK, Nasir ... if all these guys fail, then how can you chase 300? Atleast 2 of them needed to make quick fifties, or three quick 30/40s to win chasing 300 ... then Nayeems innings would look to be very responsible one. Every player can't/shouldn't play in the same way, diverse playing ability makes the team stronger & versatile.

Not to worry, we aren't out yet ... im sure the boys will turn around in second ODI ....
Old October 13, 2011, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Sorry but Nayeem lost the match for us today (one of many culprits). He wasted 40+ balls, should he had taken a run each off those wasted balls we would have won today. Secondly he played for himself, got his 50 off 300 odd balls and called it a day! Rubbish! PLayers like this should never be allowed to play in international level let alone opening a match :@
Old October 13, 2011, 05:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

he played and missed too often. i'd like to see him in the test middle order though.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 13, 2011, 10:44 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Watching naeem bat reminded me of the past when javed Omar used to open. I can't recall a more torturous fifty in recent years. He sucked out the life from this chase by not taking any initiative to keep up with the run rate... He helped himself though by boosting his average.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old October 13, 2011, 11:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

first of all it was not OUR STRATEGIC plan to not let IMRUL OPEN, or NAEEM was not preferred over IMRUL. as IMRUL was unable to open due to his absence in the field during fielding we needed a make shift OPENER.

now the question come WHY NAEEM ??? why not ASHRAFUL, SHAKIB, ALOK or MUSHFIQ ?????

this is what i understand. everybody was a bit feared of facing the WI quicks and two new balls from both ends.

Mushfiq realized he is needed in the middle order to guide the team in the latter stages like he have been doing recently. Also Shakib was protected to produce quick runs in the middle overs. ALOK is in as the Batting POWERPLAY man

now there are 2 names left ASH, NAEEM. well sending ASH and TAMIM together can be like suicide. it could be 100 in 10 overs or it could be 2 down for 5 runs.

SO IT WAS NAEEM who will open. now team management had to decide what will be naeem's role ??? pinch hitter o grafter ??? well with Tamim aleady there to play aggressive perhaps the team management asked naeem to play the sheet anchor role. see off the new ball, hold one end, accelerate later. BUT with 300 to chase we should have send somebody like ASH or ALOK to open with TAMIM. Naeem perjaps played the role he was assigned, but the problem was tamim was slow too. that made the partnership look too slow. if tamim had a quick fifty plus then perhaps naeem innings would have looked like a perfect foil to tamim's innings.

now if u are naeem, you would have been very happy to open. naeem would feel its better to play as opener rather than at 7/8. he could play himself and get a 50 or more. what he exactly did. anyway he was better than rockibul in one sense. Rockibul would have blocked a lot of balls that naeem missed, but naeem was actually tying to pay shots in those balls, but he was late to play those shots.

NOW my opinion is team management should investigate whether NAEEM played according to team plan or whether it was NAEEM's own plan ???? if it was according to team plan then let him keep his place. But if it was NAEEM' own plan, he should be immediately dropped.

there should be a clear message to all the players that as long there is a team plan to win the game, the players should play according to team plan to win the game. players who are playing for averages and stats not following the team plan should not be in the team.
Old October 14, 2011, 12:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Very sensible post Shagor bhai!
Old October 14, 2011, 12:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

thanks offstump, for pointing out what i've been trying to, only I wasn't so elaborate and yet so concise.

Old October 14, 2011, 12:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Meh, the guy was probably thrown off guard when he was asked to go open, the idea probably was Naeem to play sensibly and calmly while Tamim goes aggressive.
Old October 14, 2011, 02:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
first of all it was not OUR STRATEGIC plan to not let IMRUL OPEN, or NAEEM was not preferred over IMRUL. as IMRUL was unable to open due to his absence in the field during fielding we needed a make shift OPENER.

now the question come WHY NAEEM ??? why not ASHRAFUL, SHAKIB, ALOK or MUSHFIQ ?????

this is what i understand. everybody was a bit feared of facing the WI quicks and two new balls from both ends.

Mushfiq realized he is needed in the middle order to guide the team in the latter stages like he have been doing recently. Also Shakib was protected to produce quick runs in the middle overs. ALOK is in as the Batting POWERPLAY man

now there are 2 names left ASH, NAEEM. well sending ASH and TAMIM together can be like suicide. it could be 100 in 10 overs or it could be 2 down for 5 runs.

SO IT WAS NAEEM who will open. now team management had to decide what will be naeem's role ??? pinch hitter o grafter ??? well with Tamim aleady there to play aggressive perhaps the team management asked naeem to play the sheet anchor role. see off the new ball, hold one end, accelerate later. BUT with 300 to chase we should have send somebody like ASH or ALOK to open with TAMIM. Naeem perjaps played the role he was assigned, but the problem was tamim was slow too. that made the partnership look too slow. if tamim had a quick fifty plus then perhaps naeem innings would have looked like a perfect foil to tamim's innings.

now if u are naeem, you would have been very happy to open. naeem would feel its better to play as opener rather than at 7/8. he could play himself and get a 50 or more. what he exactly did. anyway he was better than rockibul in one sense. Rockibul would have blocked a lot of balls that naeem missed, but naeem was actually tying to pay shots in those balls, but he was late to play those shots.

NOW my opinion is team management should investigate whether NAEEM played according to team plan or whether it was NAEEM's own plan ???? if it was according to team plan then let him keep his place. But if it was NAEEM' own plan, he should be immediately dropped.

there should be a clear message to all the players that as long there is a team plan to win the game, the players should play according to team plan to win the game. players who are playing for averages and stats not following the team plan should not be in the team.
This assumes the management had a plan? I didn't see any real intent to chase down 299 until the game was almost half over. What was happening in the middle had little resemblance to what the scoreboard was shouting "score a run a ball".

Any plan to chase 299 would be this: 60 off 10 overs, 80 off 15 overs, 120 off 20 overs etc etc or close to it. you don't need to be more complicated than that. 300 balls requires 300 runs. SR of 100 for all the batters or close to it.

What you do is attempt to accelerate (not drop anchor) on the easiest batting pitch to score on. And batting 2nd you know what you gotta do so there are no surprises.

Your suggestion that the batsmen were in someway afraid of the west indies bowlers is so ridiculous. This is not a schoolboy game. If any player is afraid of a bowler they should not be playing in an international match.

Sorry to say that either the management mucked this up with dreadful tactics, and/or the batsmen are not being taught how to bat properly to chase targets. Either way this is a fault of coaching.

If you want to promote a batter up to open to make it the number 3 batter who is actually used to the game situation, and not the number 8, sorry.
Old October 14, 2011, 03:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Sorry to say that either the management mucked this up with dreadful tactics, and/or the batsmen are not being taught how to bat properly to chase targets. Either way this is a fault of coaching.

If you want to promote a batter up to open to make it the number 3 batter who is actually used to the game situation, and not the number 8, sorry.
agreed. let's not blame Naeem for this. Let's not put him under pressure that he does not deserve. He is an asset to Bangladesh Cricket. Let's not Pressure-cook him into a flaccid underperformer. We've done it already on multiple occasions.

Old October 14, 2011, 03:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman_f
agreed. let's not blame Naeem for this. Let's not put him under pressure that he does not deserve. He is an asset to Bangladesh Cricket. Let's not Pressure-cook him into a flaccid underperformer. We've done it already on multiple occasions.
So we agreed it is Law's decision and his fault then
Old October 14, 2011, 04:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Naeem Islam is mediocre. He is not an asset.
Old October 14, 2011, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

here the cotrast simmons scored century put his team in a safer side, whereas nayeem scored half century and did put his team like a hole in a boat middle of the river..
After wasting so many balls scoring half century well set in the crease why u couldn't play like simmons, is it then the inability or the limitation, which one exposed!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 14, 2011, 06:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
here the cotrast simmons scored century put his team in a safer side, whereas nayeem scored half century and did put his team like a hole in a boat middle of the river..
After wasting so many balls scoring half century well set in the crease why u couldn't play like simmons, is it then the inability or the limitation, which one exposed!!

Old October 14, 2011, 06:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

good thing about Naeem is he can stick around unlike other BD batsman who gift their wckts,
Naeem is more patient,solid defense.
He will be better as a top order when we are batting first but if chasing anything 250+ he should bat low as he wastes deliveries.
Old October 14, 2011, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Tokka naeem ,thukku chokka naeem

Old October 14, 2011, 09:03 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

After one 50 Naeem Islam has 4 active threads. Ashraful is going to get jealous.
Old October 14, 2011, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

thanks shagor bhai!