facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^^dhur miya, we all have more or less hearing poblems like Ononto bhai said "From Gana" and everybody heard "Pom gana" smh

Old December 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Is that what he said, or was it taken out of context (I am giving benefit of the doubt to the batsmen in the middle here)????
Perhaps he meant to say, if him and Riyadh, being all set in the middle, had hard time hitting those full tosses may be it would've been more difficult for the new batsmen, the others, to hit.

But whatever context it was it still does not make sense the way both of them were batting. You just don't stand around without giving your best and lose a winnable game. Yes it was possible because of his batting but it was also lost because of him.....pathetic.
Old December 10, 2012, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ I'd trust Tamim's words through someone else's mouth than hear and see Tamim say some of the things that he says. SMH.
exactly. people always interpret differently according to their own point of view. i want to see real video.

zia and nasir can hit too.i think the problem was timing, gayle's 4 over killed us. in my opinion he is the match changer and of course mushys drop catch.
Old December 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ I'd trust Tamim's words through someone else's mouth than hear and see Tamim say some of the things that he says. SMH.
.......Peace.
Old December 10, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
^^dhur miya, we all have more or less hearing poblems like Ononto bhai said "From Gana" and everybody heard "Pom gana" smh
Alumni, Deshi...After all those connection you said that... Classmate Naki??
Old December 10, 2012, 04:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

ok so this is how nicely Tamim backed Rubel :
Quote:
বরং সতীর্থকে দারুণভাবে আগলে রাখলেন বাঁহাতি ওপেনার, ‘দেখুন, রুবেল শেষ ওভারে ২৮ (আসলে ২৯) রান দিয়েছে। কিন্তু জিতলেও দল জিতে, হারলেও দল হারে। বিশ্বের সব বড় বড় বোলারেরই এমন এক ওভারে মার খাওয়ার ইতিহাস আছে। কে জানে, রুবেল প্রথম দিকে ওই দুটো উইকেট না নিলে হয়তো আরও বেশি রান ওরা করতে পারত। রুবেল আমাদের জন্য অনেক বড় একটা সম্পদ। সমালোচনা করে ওর আত্মবিশ্বাস নষ্ট করে দেওয়া উচিত হবে না। ওর জন্য এটা শিক্ষা ছিল। আশা করি ও শিখবে। ওর সামর্থ্য আছে বাংলাদেশের সর্বকালের সেরা বোলারদের একজন হওয়ার।
and this is what he said (related to the topic of this thread) :
Quote:
১২-১৩ ওভার থেকেই আমরা শট খেলার চেষ্টা করেছি। আমি চেষ্টা করেছি, রিয়াদ ভাইও চেষ্টা করেছে। ওরা আসলে ওই সময়টায় খুবই ভালো বোলিং করেছে। আমি আর রিয়াদ ভাই যখন চেষ্টা করেও মারতে পারিনি, আমার মনে হয় না অন্য কেউ পারত। আসলে ম্যাচটায় আমরা আমাদের সেরা ব্যাটিং করেও হেরে গেছি। আমার মনে হয়, দল হিসেবে আমাদের খুব বেশি হতাশ হওয়া উচিত নয়। সমর্থকদেরও হতাশ হওয়া উচিত নয়। আমরা চেষ্টা করেছি, পারিনি
source: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...11/news/312396
it doesn't sound much like he under estimated other's hitting ability but more like as they were well set and kept trying hard but still failed the new batsmen probably wouldn't have made it.
No matter what, I strongly disagree to Tamim's logique.
Old December 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I can't read Bangla someone some up what he said.
Old December 10, 2012, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Lost in translation !!!

Haters are always going to hate
Old December 10, 2012, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
I can't read Bangla someone some up what he said.
১২-১৩ ওভার থেকেই আমরা শট খেলার চেষ্টা করেছি। আমি চেষ্টা করেছি, রিয়াদ ভাইও চেষ্টা করেছে। ওরা আসলে ওই সময়টায় খুবই ভালো বোলিং করেছে। আমি আর রিয়াদ ভাই যখন চেষ্টা করেও মারতে পারিনি, আমার মনে হয় না অন্য কেউ পারত। আসলে ম্যাচটায় আমরা আমাদের সেরা ব্যাটিং করেও হেরে গেছি। আমার মনে হয়, দল হিসেবে আমাদের খুব বেশি হতাশ হওয়া উচিত নয়। সমর্থকদেরও হতাশ হওয়া উচিত নয়। আমরা চেষ্টা করেছি, পারিনি।

From over number 12 and 13 we were trying to play shots, Riyadh bhai also tried. They were at that moment really bowling well. When me and Riyadh bhai couldn't hit even after we tried - I don't think anyone else could have. Actually we lost after batting our best. I think, as a team we should not be too disheartened. Our supporters should not be disheartened - we tried but couldn't.

Last edited by zsayeed; December 10, 2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old December 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Dude! where can you watch these press conferences? but yeah we didn't even try to go for the win after the 8th over for some reason and take more risks even though 9 wickets were in hand. I think it was a record or something, something is fishy about the way we went about our batting innings half way through.
Bangla channel showed in their TV. Most probably Channel 9. I was on the phone and those words came directly like someone slapping me in the back.

He said he and Riyad tried to hit from 12/13 over. Also said WI bowled their best in those overs. Unfortunately THAT 13 OVER was Gayle's with 5 FULLTOSSES. 6 out of 5 balls were fulltosses. Comeon Tamim, stop talking. All you did was threw all of your team mates under the bus.
Old December 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Lost in translation !!!

Haters are always going to hate
A Spade is always a Spade. It can not be Hearts, Diamonds or Clubs. Stop baby siting them.
Old December 10, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Apparently full tosses are now great deliveries, absolutely unplayable, you heard it here.
Old December 10, 2012, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

I liked this:
সিরিজের প্রায় সব ম্যাচেই তামিম উইকেটে যাওয়ামাত্রই নানা কিছু বলে খেপিয়ে তোলার চেষ্টা করেছেন ক্রিস গেইল। তামিম জবাব দিয়েছেন। কালও যথারীতি এগিয়ে এসেছিলেন গেইল। তবে এবার তামিমের মিনতি, ‘দয়া করে শেষ ম্যাচটায় কিছু বোলো না, শান্তিমতো খেলতে দাও।’ গেইলও কিছু না বলে শুধু হেসে চলে যান। তামিম যদি সত্যি সত্যি ম্যাচটা জিতিয়ে দিতেন, গেইলের নিশ্চয়ই আফসোসের শেষ থাকত না!

In almost all matches when Tamim got to the wicket Gayle said something to him and tried to get him riled up. This time Tamim said to Gayle as he approached in in his usual manner " "Please donot say anything to me in this last match, please let me play in peace." Gayle said nothing and left after smiling. Surely if Tamim had really won the match then Gayle would have had no end to his grief.

me: I guess in retrospect Gayle really had the last laugh - Full Toss Gayle I mean.
Old December 10, 2012, 08:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Bangla channel showed in their TV. Most probably Channel 9. I was on the phone and those words came directly like someone slapping me in the back.

He said he and Riyad tried to hit from 12/13 over. Also said WI bowled their best in those overs. Unfortunately THAT 13 OVER was Gayle's with 5 FULLTOSSES. 6 out of 5 balls were fulltosses. Comeon Tamim, stop talking. All you did was threw all of your team mates under the bus.
Didn't correlate the 12-13 from his interview with the Gayle full toss over. Tamim said they were really bowling good. - HHS.

Yes here is Tamim's good bowled 12th over!

Gayle to Tamim Iqbal, 1 run, fuller on the middle and he taps it to the leg side to bring up his 50...and off only 40 deliveries
Gayle to Mahmudullah, 1 run, another full-toss and another one hit straight to the fielder at deep square-leg, how are they managing this!
Gayle to Tamim Iqbal, 1 run, okay this is getting nauseatingly repetitive, full-toss, attempt to hit hard and goes to long-on for a single
Gayle to Mahmudullah, 1 run, wow! full-toss again, whatever's happening here, the batsman is able to spank it to fine-leg for a single
Gayle to Tamim Iqbal, 1 run, okay, here we go again, full-toss, fourth of the over and hit it as far as the fielder as deep mid-wicket
Gayle to Mahmudullah, 1 run, and again! full-toss, he comes down to hit it out of the ground but hits it down to deep mid-wicket for only one!
Old December 10, 2012, 08:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Not that I agree with him saying that if he can't hit it no one else can...but lets examine the fanbase hypocracy for a moment shall we?

BC Auntie when Tamim gets out: "Jaak, khela shesh akhon ranna korte shuru kori"

BC Auntie after TI press conference: "Kee ohonkaari beta! She na parle ar keo parto na? Tamim ke lathi diya pitano dorkar!"

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If BC Aunty says something, everyone thinks the same thing. #Tamimism
Old December 10, 2012, 11:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
He says....Translation: if I and Riyad bhai can't hit, I don't think anybody else in the team could have...
Oh wow
Old December 11, 2012, 12:20 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

baki shobai mone hoi ordinary
Old December 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I honestly feel Tamim's comment is being taken too harshly here. I think he was talking about taking responsibility as senior players rather than being the best hitters in a team of ordinary hitters. A lot gets lost in translation, people, especially when one isn't the most articulate of guys out there. My senior employees often say "Sir, amra na korle ke korbe?" to take responsibility for something and demonstrate their commitment, not to slight others in any way.

They both tried but failed for different reasons. For Tamim it was the clearly adverse impact his poor stamina had on his focus and strength, and for Riyad it was being the type of player he is.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
"If me and Riyad bhai after being set could not do it, than the new batsmen coming in would have had a harder time trying to chase"

Say what you may, I dont think he was trying to boast or anything....
You made a convenient translation....see the news report. And I have full confidence on TE, he isn't the one to twist in translation.....

১২-১৩ ওভার থেকেই আমরা শট খেলার চেষ্টা করেছি। আমি চেষ্টা করেছি, রিয়াদ ভাইও চেষ্টা করেছে। ওরা আসলে ওই সময়টায় খুবই ভালো বোলিং করেছে। আমি আর রিয়াদ ভাই যখন চেষ্টা করেও মারতে পারিনি, আমার মনে হয় না অন্য কেউ পারত। আসলে ম্যাচটায় আমরা আমাদের সেরা ব্যাটিং করেও হেরে গেছি। আমার মনে হয়, দল হিসেবে আমাদের খুব বেশি হতাশ হওয়া উচিত নয়। সমর্থকদেরও হতাশ হওয়া উচিত নয়। আমরা চেষ্টা করেছি, পারিনি। -- Post # 31
Old December 11, 2012, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Well, I'd like to take a neutral approach here. First of all, it was absolutely painful to watch both of them mishit loppa full tosses that even many of us could dispatch more often than them. But I don't find much wrong with what he said in that particular sentence. Yes, he could have been a bit more careful in choosing his words but that does not mean he was wrong. Even in T20Is, you need to get set and they were set. It was upon them everyone were relying. They failed to do so. But fact remains, they were the ones we were looking forward to.
While total blame lies on them for not being able to capitalize, at the same time, what Tamim said in that sentence made sense.
But the line that followed is definitely -worthy
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old December 11, 2012, 01:28 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
mamar bari so whatever he wants to say let him say it. no1 can do anything. if you do, his mama will resign....
Old December 11, 2012, 01:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

tamim is lucky to have friend like shakib....and cha cha like akram....otherwise beta atokkhone kick kheto zia and nasir er hate......beta bole ki? forgot...our shafiul can bat too.....so do momi n musy....what a joker comment....ja abar chirkut dite hobe....
Old December 11, 2012, 01:48 AM
MLC World Series I

Time for Tamim to switch brands, a less mild perhaps.
Old December 11, 2012, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Isam Speaks: "We tried to give the ball our all [while batting] from as early as the 12th over. If [Mahmudullah] Riyad bhai and I couldn't hit the ball, nobody could."