facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 17, 2018, 08:20 PM
Cricket Guru

I would take Mithun over Sabbir for the Asia Cup.

Shanto, Zakir, Afif, etc need to be kept with the A-team/Academy for now.

Old August 17, 2018, 09:30 PM
Cricket Legend

No mithun please. Any decent bowler would expose him in a couple of deliveries.
Old August 17, 2018, 10:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yeah i’m not sure about mominul and mithun, they scored runs but mominul still seems to be boundary reliant, mithun had serious technical weaknesses which needed to be addressed so without having seen these innings it’s impossible to know whether he gave these technical issues any attention.

But saifuddin is an interesting one, did well before national team, didn’t do that well in national team, is doing well in A team...

Al amin is a very under the radar prospect I’m interested in though, I remember him doing well in an u19 World Cup, he’s brought in some very solid results over the years domestically, can bowl a bit but his strength is middle/lower order batting. He has a lot of not outs, especially in list A cricket, if it was easier to access scorecards I’d just go and check but I’m interested in what happened with these not outs? Was he chasing down targets? Was he setting a target and remained not out with a good strike rate? He’s also played a few big innings so he’s not just a cameo batsman.
Old August 17, 2018, 11:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
why is not anyone praising Mithun? He played a blazing innings. He deserves to get more chances at least in T20s.
He played 13 T20 matches and averaging 10 with a strike rate of 93. At this moment he can't get a place in the t20 side.
Old August 17, 2018, 11:04 PM
Cricket Guru

If you want to trawl through prime banks YouTube channel you can see a bit of al amin batting.
Old August 18, 2018, 12:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
No mithun please. Any decent bowler would expose him in a couple of deliveries.
Agreed. He is not international standard. Reminded me of Nazimuddin
Old August 18, 2018, 06:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
He played 13 T20 matches and averaging 10 with a strike rate of 93. At this moment he can't get a place in the t20 side.
Players improve. If we can give Liton Das and Soumyo Sarkar countless opportunities, surely he can get a look in the squad as well. Mithun also did well in the 2017 version of BPL and was one of the highest Bangladeshi run scorers.
Old August 18, 2018, 06:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Yeah i’m not sure about mominul and mithun, they scored runs but mominul still seems to be boundary reliant, mithun had serious technical weaknesses which needed to be addressed so without having seen these innings it’s impossible to know whether he gave these technical issues any attention.

But saifuddin is an interesting one, did well before national team, didn’t do that well in national team, is doing well in A team...

Al amin is a very under the radar prospect I’m interested in though, I remember him doing well in an u19 World Cup, he’s brought in some very solid results over the years domestically, can bowl a bit but his strength is middle/lower order batting. He has a lot of not outs, especially in list A cricket, if it was easier to access scorecards I’d just go and check but I’m interested in what happened with these not outs? Was he chasing down targets? Was he setting a target and remained not out with a good strike rate? He’s also played a few big innings so he’s not just a cameo batsman.
For Saifuddin, 3 of the T20I's he played, were on batting friendly pitches and thus high scoring games from which he suffered. In the ODI's he was used as a 6th bowler and had fewer chances to bowl.

Al-Amin hasn't been that impressive against Ireland A at all. Scored more than 30 in only 1 game against them and is more of a part-time bowler than anything.
Old August 18, 2018, 07:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Players improve. If we can give Liton Das and Soumyo Sarkar countless opportunities, surely he can get a look in the squad as well. Mithun also did well in the 2017 version of BPL and was one of the highest Bangladeshi run scorers.
I disagree.

Litton Das (23) played 15 T20Is, Mithun (27) 13 T20Is. LItton Das ave 18.80. Mithun ave 10.

And Soumya got more opportunities because he unlike LItton and Mithun scored much better runs in his early years in ODI format. He avaraged around 50 strike rating 100+ around early 2016. For this selectors kept him selecting despite poor form for a year. He was dropped but perhaps longer his survival in 2017 when he scored some good knocks including 87 and 60 in NZ against IRE and NZ. Unless he could have been out before 17 CT.

So it is apparent that Litton didnt get countless opportunities and Soumyas extended runs are not as much some wants to believe. Yes MIthun got less chance, but it doesnt mean Litton got countless opportunities or Soumya got undue extended chance.

Go TIGERS GO...
Old August 18, 2018, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza

Saifuddin case is very clear in my opinion

The reason that happened wasn't because his form, it's because of his ability, he's still a year or two from becoming mature enough to play national team, in t20 he can be tried on the meanwhile, but we should take time with this bunch of young players and not throw them in and ruin them like we have done in the past

Old August 18, 2018, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

What I like about saifuddin is he bowls a lot of batsmen out, attacks the stumps, doesn’t rely on catches. 4 wickets last match, 3 were bowled.

I agree with taking time with this bunch. Mehedi, shanto, Liton, fizz, taskin, mishu, shoriful, zakir, afif etc.

I know mehedi is a full time national player now but opulent hurt to get him playing some A team cricket if at all possible, could work on batting a little bit and also give him a chance to get to know his bowling better, I still think he’s much more valuable as a bowler, he’s our main spin hope when shakib declines/retires, although nayeem hasan also looks promising.
Old August 18, 2018, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

People are quick to denounce Mithun as a hack after scoring 80 off 39 but are willing to talk up Soumya and not call him a hack either lmao. The hypocrisy
Old August 18, 2018, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Shanto heading to be the biggest disappointment after Nasir and Shabbir
after scoring 6 runs in a format which he is not suited to, forgetting the fact that he is one of the most technically sound batsman we have come across in the recent past and also forgetting the fact that he is only 20 years old?????

Your off your chops mate.
Old August 18, 2018, 07:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
There is a thing called working on your batting after being dropped from the national team. Just because of his past results for the national team, no matter what his performances are whether it be for the A team, BPL, DPL he still can't get a look in cos of how he performed for the national team in the past??? What kind of logic is this lmao
Old August 18, 2018, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
There is a thing called working on your batting after being dropped from the national team. Just because of his past results for the national team, no matter what his performances are whether it be for the A team, BPL, DPL he still can't get a look in cos of how he performed for the national team in the past??? What kind of logic is this lmao
A very good point
Old August 20, 2018, 04:56 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
He is 27 and we last saw him play earlier this year! The logic is pretty simple imo
Old August 20, 2018, 09:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

We can switch between Mithun and Ariful and see who can sustain till next T20I WC
Old August 20, 2018, 03:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Was a good tour this. And shock! Only 1 washout! How could this be!!
Old August 20, 2018, 03:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Balbirnie? He was a beast with the A team. Chasing a big total, why did he go in to a shell? Same with Simi.

I kinda liked J little. Promising.
Old August 20, 2018, 04:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Was a good tour this. And shock! Only 1 washout! How could this be!!
Did you get to see any of the matches?
Old March 21, 2019, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Rumoured that Bangladesh A have been asked to return for another tour. Makes sense as our domestic cricket calendar is completely empty for July and we play Zimbabwe for some games then as well so I suppose CI want the fringe players to be playing some cricket during this time.

Absolutely nothing official but being mentioned in some circles. CI seem to be striving for one home and one away A tour per year so would make sense