facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old October 9, 2004, 07:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Golf: Pakistan beat India to lift revived Kirlosker Golf Trophy

By Saadia Ahmad

LAHORE: It has happened once again. And all credit to the golfers of Pakistan who have showed cohesion, sense of purpose and application to emerge triumphant in the five-nation international golf championship. Besides Pakistan the other participating teams are from Bangladesh, Iran, India and Sri Lanka. The players of India and Sri Lanka carry a lot of respect with regard to their playing ability. Virtually all of them have played at the international level and beating them is not an easy task. In fact Pakistan have demonstrated how well they have improved. Compliments go out to the team and the Pakistan Golf Federation (PGF) president Lt Gen Muhammad Tariq.

Contributions to the victory have come from Shahid Javaid Khan, Vaqas Ahmed and Dr Aimal Zaman. The team trophy was played over two days at the Lahore Gymkhana Golf Course and Pakistan at the start of Saturday’s round was two strokes ahead of India. One expected the Indian players to come up with an element of brilliance but then this did not happen. None of their players showed any improvement over the first day’s performance, and as a result India had to be content with the runners-up slot, three strokes behind Pakistan. Sri Lanka came third and Bangladesh fourth.

Yesterday was the second round in this four-day individual championship. Whereas the team championship has concluded, the leading contenders will now fight it out for the national title. With two days left, our leading amateur Shahid Javaid Khan is gradually establishing his position as the top contender to the national title. After his dream round of 67 on the first day he followed it up with a slightly less stunning round. His score of 71 on the second day may not fall in the brilliant category but it is good enough to leave him atop the leader board at the end of 36 holes.

Shahid Javaid teed from tee number 10 and was fantastic on the back 9, earning 3 birdies and scoring 32. Moving on to the front nine, he was certainly sluggish and messed up on three holes. At least on two holes, the bogies were uncalled for. But then that is all a part of the game. With Shahid Javaid at 138, five strokes away are three players, two from India and one from Pakistan. India’s top player Vikrant Chopra is at 143 and so are Amarbir Singh and Dr. Aimal Zaman. Vikrant was a little less astounding as no fireworks were visible in his charge of the golf course on Saturday.

Leading players (after 2 rounds):

Shahid Javaid Khan (Pak) 67 + 71 = 138

Vikrant Chopra (Ind) 70 + 73 = 143

Amarbir Singh (Ind) 70 + 73 = 143

Dr. Aimal Zaman (Pak) 69 + 74 = 143

Tissa Chandardasa (Sri) 72 + 72 = 144

Mithun Perera (Sri) 72 + 76 = 148

Vaqas Ahmed (Pak) 73 + 76 = 149

Waseem Rana (DHA) 74 + 75 = 149

The ladies event also got underway yesterday. A very pleasing sight was the presence of the Indian number one Shurti Khanna. This lady is a 4 handicapper and swings like a champion. In the first round, she hit 12 greens in regulation and her tee shots carried a masculine power. Even on her first visit to this golf course and on the first day of the competition she managed a par round of 72 that certainly is a reflection of her class. In the second position, after the first round, is Jamila Jabbar and she is 11 strokes behind Shurti. There is just no competition between our best and India’s best.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-10-2004_pg2_4

Edited on, October 10, 2004, 12:29 AM GMT, by Sultanzz.

Old October 10, 2004, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

You love to show your Pakistan beating who ever. Are any of these guys playing with Tiger Woods. Or Stuart Appleby.
Old October 10, 2004, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

and that supposed to impressed us! I don’t think anybody gives a s#%! about paki or Indian golf in this forum! Matter of fact I bet almost 99.99999 % doesn’t give a rats a$$ about golf at all. so just give it a break man!

Edited on, October 10, 2004, 5:18 AM GMT, by rassel.
Old October 10, 2004, 04:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

He will also post reports to prove the greatness of Pakistan in Tennis and Chess in his future posts.
Old October 10, 2004, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

However bad time for India, not winning in any form, cricket: lost to Australia, Hockey: lost series to Pak, "Golf: lost to Pak", Hockey U-21: Lost to Bangladesh....
Old October 10, 2004, 09:59 PM
Club Cricketer

.oops: You guys really get upset with Pakistani sports..

This is a sports forum, and its "Other sports" so i can post about Chess, Tennis or whatever I want to post about.. its a discussion forum remember..

There is so much news that i can post on a daily basis, but i don't, i can open a Pakistani thread here, but forget it, i just post major events that take place..

but you guys really need to lay off the whinning
Old October 10, 2004, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
There is so much news that i can post on a daily basis, but i don't, i can open a Pakistani thread here, but forget it, i just post major events that take place
An empty vessel makes much noise, huh? Youre always welcome to put a sports/non sports topic to discuss about. Just stop copy&paste these silly reports which draw less attention to our members. Why don't you better find a paki place to brag all about whatever little glory you acheive in Pakistani sports?
Old October 11, 2004, 12:04 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sultanzz
.. but you guys really need to lay off the whinning
No. You need to stop your news delivery service, now.

Let me make it clear. People are very much interested in other sports worldwide including Pakistan. But it is you who are giving Pakistanis a bad name here.

I don't wanna see any more new thread started by you in any of our forums from now on. I'll monitor your each and every post. So far you didn't pay attention to my advice, but I'll see.

And don't even think about replying this post.
Old October 11, 2004, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Sultanzz
.oops: You guys really get upset with Pakistani sports..

This is a sports forum, and its "Other sports" so i can post about Chess, Tennis or whatever I want to post about.. its a discussion forum remember..

There is so much news that i can post on a daily basis, but i don't, i can open a Pakistani thread here, but forget it, i just post major events that take place..

but you guys really need to lay off the whinning

hell no!!! I am a big fan of Pakistani cricket, but you bore me and rest of the members as well.

Nobody is whining they simply complaining about your boringness!
:duh:

:duh: