facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 21, 2013, 05:34 AM

Default International Crimes Tribunal - Hands out verdict on war crimes 1971

Those who have lost their lives and suffered severe inhumanity, on hands of these criminals had to wait 40+ years for justice till today.

Its a day, must be remembered in Bangladesh history for a long waited justice been served, and a big step to move forward.

Quote:
Azad to be hanged for war crimes

It is maiden war crimes judgement

Abul Kalam Azad, also known as Bachchu RazakarStar Online Report
The ICT-2 pronounced its maiden verdict on a crimes against humanity case on Monday awarding death sentence to fugitive and expelled Jamaat member Abul Kalam Azad, also known as Bachchu Razakar.

The nation had to wait for 41 years for this day.

The International Crimes Tribunal-2, set up to try those accused of committing crimes against humanity during the country's Liberation War in 1971 passed the verdict amid tight security.

ICT-2 Chief Justice Obaidul Hassan earlier read the summary of the 112-page verdict.

The ICT-2 delivered the verdict at the room of International Crimes Tribunal-1 today following space crisis due to huge presence of people particularly journalists and lawyers at the court room.

Azad, the former leader of Islami Chhatra Sangha, the then student wing of Jamaat-e-Islami, went into hiding around seven hours before ICT-2 issued an arrest warrant against him on April 3, last year. He used to present a television show on Islamic issues.

Earlier on November 4, Azad was indicted with eight charges of crimes against humanity, based on eight incidents that left at least 12 unarmed people dead and two women raped in Faridpur during the country's Liberation War.

Azad was active in Jamaat-e-Islami but was later expelled from the political party, according to an investigation agency.

On December 26, 2012, the three-member Tribunal-2 led by Justice Obaidul Hassan with members Justice Md Mozibur Rahman Miah and Judge M Shahinur Islam kept Azad's case waiting for verdict after the conclusion of closing arguments.

Wrapping up the arguments between December 23 and 26, 2012, the prosecution appealed for capital punishment for Azad, while the state-appointed defence counsel sought his exemption from the eight charges.

On March 25, 2012, three days after the Tribunal-2 was formed, the prosecution submitted a petition for issuing arrest warrant against Azad, also a close associate of another war-crimes accused Jamaat leader Ali Ahsan Mohammad Mojaheed.

It asked for the warrant as an investigation was going on against him in connection with crimes against humanity.

On April 3, 2012, the tribunal issued the warrant but Azad had made a run for it
Read More on Daily Star

Old January 21, 2013, 08:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Finally the justice has been served.
Old January 21, 2013, 08:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Finally the justice has been served.
its not served totally ..... only a starter/appetizer ...... the main dishes are yet to be served
Old January 21, 2013, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

He is hiding in Pakistan....

Anyways the other major party that supposedly represents 50% of the population is suspiciously quiet and going by the history and alliance I dont think they would ever implement the verdict if they come to power.... Sad reality of Bangladesh..
Old January 21, 2013, 10:54 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Great news..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 21, 2013, 11:24 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Let's just hope this is the beginning. It's been long, long overdue.
Old January 21, 2013, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Good start. Long way to go.
Old January 21, 2013, 11:53 AM
Cricket Guru

He is in Pakistan, how are they going to get him?
Old January 21, 2013, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
it took time to get osama, lets hope we can get him soon.
Old January 21, 2013, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
LOL!!
What are you talking about
Old January 21, 2013, 01:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I don't know if Zaka will give NOC to him. Maybe we have to tour them after all.
Old January 21, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cricket Savant

deklei to kemon dor lage

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 21, 2013, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I don't know if Zaka will give NOC to him. Maybe we have to tour them after all.
beapok LOL.
Old January 23, 2013, 05:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I believe that people taken prisoner must never be tortured or put to death under any circumstances. Therefore, I oppose the death penalty under all circumstances.

I come from a proud family of '71 martyrs, surviving freedom fighters and victims of the genocide, mass rape and brigandage perpetrated against humanity and the Bangladeshi people by the Pakistani Military, the PPP, and Islamist parties namely Jamaat-e-Islami and the Muslim League. I feel privileged and honored to spend time with those members of my family every single day. Many of them also oppose the death penalty, including my aunt, a 14YO child at the time, who was gang-raped for 7 month by Pakistanis, Jamaatis and Muslim Leaguers (many of them prominent BNP and JP politicians walking around today). She withstood the trauma and provided valuable intel that led to numerous Mukti Bahini victories in the Feni-Bilonia theater.

Having said that, I am happy that the initial verdict has been given and I hope the appeals process would also be underway soon. Through these trials, a true narrative of our Independence would emerge and lead to unforeseen national unity through that common and definitive narrative. That's what Bangalistanis don't want but Bangladeshis do, and we're from Bangladesh, not a Urdunized Bangla speaking Pakistan.

Their days of deliberately misinforming, misleading and misguiding their children and the general public about the reasons leading up to 1971 and the events throughout 1971 will also come to an end, InshAllah.

This national unity will also expose Jamaat and ML warcriminals and their fundamentally anti-Liberation and therefore anti-Bangladeshi agenda no matter where they're hiding. BNP and JP are packed with ML-centric Al-Shams criminals but AL also has a few. They will all be exposed and brought to justice InshAllah.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 23, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I believe that people taken prisoner must never be tortured or put to death under any circumstances. Therefore, I oppose the death penalty under all circumstances.

I come from a proud family of '71 martyrs, surviving freedom fighters and victims of the genocide, mass rape and brigandage perpetrated against humanity and the Bangladeshi people by the Pakistani Military, the PPP, and Islamist parties namely Jamaat-e-Islami and the Muslim League. I feel privileged and honored to spend time with those members of my family every single day. Many of them also oppose the death penalty, including my aunt, a 14YO child at the time, who was gang-raped for 7 month by Pakistanis, Jamaatis and Muslim Leaguers (many of them prominent BNP and JP politicians walking around today). She withstood the trauma and provided valuable intel that led to numerous Mukti Bahini victories in the Feni-Bilonia theater.

Having said that, I am happy that the initial verdict has been given and I hope the appeals process would also be underway soon. Through these trials, a true narrative of our Independence would emerge and lead to unforeseen national unity through that common and definitive narrative. That's what Bangalistanis don't want but Bangladeshis do, and we're from Bangladesh, not a Urdunized Bangla speaking Pakistan.

Their days of deliberately misinforming, misleading and misguiding their children and the general public about the reasons leading up to 1971 and the events throughout 1971 will also come to an end, InshAllah.

This national unity will also expose Jamaat and ML warcriminals and their fundamentally anti-Liberation and therefore anti-Bangladeshi agenda no matter where they're hiding. BNP and JP are packed with ML-centric Al-Shams criminals but AL also has a few. They will all be exposed and brought to justice InshAllah.
I would agree with you in an ideal world but I really dont think a life sentence or a few years of imprisonment is a possibility in a country like Bangladesh. If and when BNP comes to power they shall provide presidential pardon to these war criminals no matter how much they insist on being a force of good. Plus spending more of tax money of these scums by keeping them in prison is really not ideal either..
Old January 23, 2013, 04:23 PM
Cricket Savant

BD Prison is the harshest place of hell on earth; I can only imagine. So it'd be his ultimate punishment than a painless fast death.

That's where he should rot.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
Our prestigious BanglaSeals
Old January 24, 2013, 12:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel

I disagree. Some crimes, deserve death, but only if you really know the person is guilty. It is better that a thousand guilty persons go unpunished than to wrongly execute one innocent person. At any rate, true Justice is beyond the scope of humans. We can only punish and delivery retribution. As such the death penalty is fine.

For a poor country like Bangladesh to spend taxpayer money on lifetime imprisonment is a terrible idea. It would be better to cut him loose, he won't escape divine Justice anyhow.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 24, 2013, 12:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Holy $hit!

This is the guy form NTV! I had no idea he was a razakar war criminal.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 24, 2013, 12:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

why and how was he able to avoid persecution for 41 years and not only that become a popular public figure on TV? I do not understand....
Old January 24, 2013, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
why and how was he able to avoid persecution for 41 years and not only that become a popular public figure on TV? I do not understand....
Only happens in Bangladesh....Anyway, does not matter how popular (!!?) he is/was, he must be punished for his wrongdoings in 71.
Old February 5, 2013, 02:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Liton Kumar Das

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=44570
i don't get it..5 out of 6 charges were proven 'beyond any doubt', and still he manages to escape the rope!

Old February 5, 2013, 03:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fush_montor
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=44570
i don't get it..5 out of 6 charges were proven 'beyond any doubt', and still he manages to escape the rope!

This is what my little brother has to say:

ohe BACHHU..tor jonno boroi kharap lagchhe..je kota poisha khoroch kore tui deshantori hoili..tar ordhek poisha ashol jaegae lagale tui aaj bekusur khalash hoye jete parti...pakistan,saudi arab e bewarisher moto r na ghure ghure deshe chole aae..thik jaegae poisha laga..ohe BACHHU..
Old February 5, 2013, 03:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

What an absolute disgrace!
Old February 5, 2013, 03:28 AM
MLC World Series I

No point in the life term imprisonment. He will be a free man sooner or later!