facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 13, 2006, 12:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Official Channel i appreciation thread

Many fans were upset that channel i largely failed to deliver during the Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 1st ODI. I was upset also, but I and a few other fans may be remembered to have opined that at least channel i was taking this initiative where none of its competitors were and thus should be praised. However, after that initial dissappointment, from what I saw, channel i's broadcast was picture perfect. Even if they have the crappy bangla commentary, I would rather watch a muted Bangladesh match, rather than keep re-freshing cricinfo's page, or even browsing BC's match thread.

I especially would like to know if it is possible for BC to send Channel i an official letter of appreciation. This would acknowledge their effort where no other bangla network has even tried. Also it would let them know that there is a viewing audience for this type of broadcast.

So even if you do not have channel i, please let them know of their job well done.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 13, 2006, 01:54 AM

I think it's a good idea.
For sure they are doing a good job and should be recognised for that.

Also...pls. let them ask why they are not broadcasting the 1st ODI against Scottland?! Taholey aaro beshi kore dhannabad peto!!
Old December 13, 2006, 02:02 AM
Test Cricketer

not only for cricket, but i also would like to thank them for broadcasting Dr Yunus nobel prize ceremony.....it was awesome..thanks.
Old December 13, 2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
not only for cricket, but i also would like to thank them for broadcasting Dr Yunus nobel prize ceremony.....it was awesome..thanks.
Sunny bhai: Oh! I missed it!
How could I get to watch this ceremony? Any idea? Cheers.
Old December 13, 2006, 11:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Shukno Kothayee Ki Gola Bheje?

If you really want to show your appreciation and (right now) not subscribing channel I, then may be start switching to Channel I (from other Bangla Chennel) may be a better and stronger indicator to All bangladeshi Channels that there is a big and untapped bangladeshi Cricket fans out there, the rest of the world ostside BD. Who ever address their need will get more subscription and thereby make more money to support the effort.
Old December 13, 2006, 12:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Here it is

http://nobelprize.org/award_ceremonies/ceremony_oslo/video/2006/index.html
Old December 14, 2006, 02:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
or you can just simply download from here.
http://banglaralo.com/banglaforum/vi...a966fcb05ce938
Old December 13, 2006, 08:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

I especially would like to know if it is possible for BC to send Channel i an official letter of appreciation

I am all for it.....Chaneel I jindabad
Old December 13, 2006, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Definately. They are doing a great job and we should thank them for their effort. They are not a sports channel but still takes the initiative to show most of the Bd games in Bangladesh. The quality of their broadcast is also getting better. They are learning fast.
Old December 13, 2006, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I am with you guys. Also we should mention in that letter that they need to stay away from showing khobor in between and they can show the highlights while rakibuls r talking instead of focusing on him when the highlights been shown.. these is not much asking but they need to know what the viewers want. those days of btv is gone when viewer had to watch what ever btv was showing. please people at Channel i why drop you performence for these small stupid things. show the khobor during the tea break or the lunch break. why is it the same news is a breaking news every 25 min?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old December 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I am with you guys. Also we should mention in that letter that they need to stay away from showing khobor in between and they can show the highlights while rakibuls r talking instead of focusing on him when the highlights been shown.. these is not much asking but they need to know what the viewers want. those days of btv is gone when viewer had to watch what ever btv was showing. please people at Channel i why drop you performence for these small stupid things. show the khobor during the tea break or the lunch break. why is it the same news is a breaking news every 25 min?
To add to what you wrote, They can make a one minute khobor if they want khobor to be at its time and mention in the khobor that the detail will be broadcasted/'PROCHARITO' at lunch time.

Still I salute them for their good heart.
Old December 13, 2006, 01:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

I have noticed that Channel-I has shortened their news quite a bit when the game is on. The newscasters only read 2 or 3 important news (about BD politics) and quickly moved back to the game. And at the same time they put a single line score of the game at the bottom. What they can do (if the news is that imporatant to be telecasted on time), mute the game commentary and bring the newscaster in a box at the corner of the screen without interrupting telecasting the game and finish the news quickly. That way we could watch the game and get the news at the same time.

Also one thing, probably you noticed is Channel-I got rid of Hamid Bhai, Bashar et al from giving lousy commentary or giving analysis. I am sure somebody from channel-I read the BC threads on them (specially babubangla's one) and kept them away from the game. This girl Tania is doing a lot better than those guys.
Old December 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

yea.. cuz its a girl.. thats why u think shes doing a better job.. nobody complain about beauties.. but do complain about guys.. haha.
Old December 13, 2006, 03:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
yea.. cuz its a girl.. thats why u think shes doing a better job.. nobody complain about beauties.. but do complain about guys.. haha.
In 99% cases, girls are less talkative when it's a matter of sports. Girls talk most when it's a matter of politics no matter whether they understand the matter or not. e.g., Tania in game; Hasina-Khaleda in politics.
Old December 14, 2006, 09:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

I support the idea too..and above that.. I have another idea!!
Channel I can actually launch a Bangladeshi sports channel? I mean why not? Nimbus is there to setup telecasting stuffs for all the ncl matches..for cricket..and for other local sports channel I have their own broadcasting team. And they can start some sports program..news about sports only..and stuffs.. like Espn,Star Sports,Ten Sports,Super Sports..etc etc.
Maybe I Sports