facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2014 (Archive)

Old June 26, 2014, 03:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

It's only a personal attack if you fit the description. It could be any BC member or in fact in your own views any ignorant Argentina supporting BCer. Life as Mod can be hard as we need to deal with over sized egos, pseudo intellectuals and repeat offenders with zero learning curve on a daily basis. It can get frustrating when people simply do not know how to get along even during a sports competition. These mental notes are sort of a medication for me to calm the nerves as a member and continue the day in BC in a good mood.

Anyhow i am sure my mental notes will be taken down if it is deemed offensive by others so don't stress over it.

Old June 26, 2014, 03:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

My posts simply pointed out some well documented facts about the country and it's soccer. A nation and a region I've visited on business several times and know well. Then I wondered how in light of those facts anyone can worship a particular player (Maradona) and the culture of cheating he exemplifies whilst supporting a racist nation being a person of color. Use of the terms "ignorance" and "taking leave of one's moral faculties" naturally came into play. Nobody in particular was attacked, unlike in your post which resorted to outright name-calling. You know and I know who was targeted here, Jadukor. Those are the facts.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 26, 2014, 04:07 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Use of the terms ignorance and taking leave of one's moral faculties naturally came into play
Correction, it seems these terms come naturally to you more than anyone... not to forget other terms such as Rajakar ancestry, "self loathing from coconut community" etc etc that also comes naturally to you. These terms and classifying BCers under them also comes to you naturally on sports threads where people are in general discussing either cricket or football.
Old June 26, 2014, 04:16 AM
Cricket Savant

@Jadukor: each mind works differently and opinions vary. Yes I am harsh on what I see as harmful sociological phenomena from my particular perspective, but I haven't attacked any BCer personally even when I felt some may have either intentionally or inadvertently partaken in some of those things. I am harsh on certain ideas I find repugnant, not on folks logging on to a forum, unlike you attacking me by calling me "miserable" and an "idiot" now with "ego" and "learning curve" issues. You don't even know me in person. Some here do and won't find your unkind assessment accurate. I don't think you will either if you and I had met in person. Do you honestly not see the difference between attacking an idea and attacking a person? I have been penalized for my past infractions. I have paid my dues, so to speak. Why did you feel the need to bring them up again?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 26, 2014, 04:35 AM
Cricket Savant

For the record, as much as I *LOVE* to see Argentina lose, some of my favorite players have been Argentine. So it's hardly blanket hatred. Messi is my favorite player, and I'm also a fan of Di Maria and Higuain in spite of being a Barcelona fan. Also have a soft spot in my heart for great Argentine players like Ayala, Batistuta, Redondo, Riquelme, Ortega, Tevez and the great Goycoechea.
Old June 26, 2014, 04:37 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
@Jadukor: each mind works differently and opinions vary. Yes I am harsh on what I see as harmful sociological phenomena from my particular perspective, but I haven't attacked any BCer personally even when I felt some may have either intentionally or inadvertently partaken in some of those things. I am harsh on certain ideas I find repugnant, not on folks logging on to a forum, unlike you attacking me by calling me "miserable" and an "idiot" now with "ego" and "learning curve" issues. You don't even know me in person. Some here do and won't find your unkind assessment accurate. I don't think you will either if you and I had met in person. Do you honestly not see the difference between attacking an idea and attacking a person? I have been penalized for my past infractions. I have paid my dues, so to speak. Why did you feel the need to bring them up again?
You have personally attacked me. I think you forgot. It was in a match thread where i disagreed with you on the concept of playing according to the merit of the ball. I think you said i suffered from cognitive dissonance but it could be another equally offensive term. I think it is out there in the match archives if somebody bothered to find it as i never reported it.

It is indeed true i do not know you as a person and I did not mean what i said. At the same time I do not like to be labelled as ignorant for supporting a sports team.. or the ancestor of rajakar for supporting a political party. I don't want to read your veiled vicious and hurtful attacks. I am generally very calm and easy going and I have never tried to be hurtful to anyone here in BC until today. If I was unkind or hurtful it was as a reaction to your endless provocative posts. At the end my post was out of anger rather than based on an objective assessment. Who knows you could be a wonderful person but you make it incredibly hard for me to see it.
Old June 26, 2014, 04:42 AM
Cricket Savant

@Jadukor: I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. None of my rants, as vicious as they may be on certain ideas I obviously find attack-worthy, are intended to hurt anyone's feelings. I've had many stupid ideas and been called out on those ideas throughout my 47 years, and I'm sure I haven't seen the last of it. I try not to take those things personally. This is an online forum for GOD's sake, not a battlefield where one needs to do terrible things.
Old June 26, 2014, 04:49 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings as well. It was a response out of anger and I did not mean it.
Old June 26, 2014, 04:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings as well. It was a response out of anger and I did not mean it.
I appreciate this bro. Please accept my apology also if I inadvertently hurt yours.
Old June 26, 2014, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Nigeria will win in second round.
Old June 26, 2014, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I'm not here to start beef cos it seems like peace has been made but i lol'd when i saw this.
Quote:
@Jadukor: each mind works differently and opinions vary. Yes I am harsh on what I see as harmful sociological phenomena from my particular perspective, but I haven't attacked any BCer personally even when I felt some may have either intentionally or inadvertently partaken in some of those things.
cos i remembered this.
http://www.banglacricket.com/Alochon...&postcount=366 So yeah Jadukor bhai i think we have all copped similar s***.
Old June 26, 2014, 11:50 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Aguero injured. Not a bad thing for Argentina I think
Old June 27, 2014, 03:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

congratz Argentina and Nigeria for qualifying