facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 6, 2004, 05:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Why is Bangladesh not playing with Kenya ?

I would like to know why Bangladesh team is not playing with ODI team like Kenya
Bangladesh would easily arrange a tour to Kenya and ask Kenya to tour Bangladesh
This would give more games for both Bangladesh and Kenya
I would like your opinion, and suggestions on this topic
It would be also nice for Bangladesh A team or B team to play matches against Scotland, Canada, UAE, Hongkong, Nepal, Namibia, Kenya, Holland, Ireland, and other developing cricket teams on regular basis.
I would like to get your suggestions, opinions, news, and replies on this matter two.
I have heard about the Australia players playing in Bangladesh and vice versa.
It is a very good news for Bangladesh.
Bangladesh should also ask Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and other fast bowlers to be the guest coaches and should help Bangladesh bowlers
Bangladesh should conduct tri series matches at home atleast every six months
Plz Send your replies and suggestions
If you want to sent your opinions to me you can sent at
ajithlalm@rediffmail.com

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by ajithlalm]
Old January 6, 2004, 07:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Isn't Wasim gonna coach India?
Old January 6, 2004, 11:29 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Australians playing in Bangladesh?

Never heard about this. The process is just one way route - only a few Bangladeshi players went to Australia - to participate in the Australian academy's activities for 10 to 20 odd days.

Aminul Islam Bulbul is going to be the first Bangladeshi cricketer to go to Australia and play in Australian club level cricket.

If you have any info on any other player who have gone to Australia to play in their domestic cricket, then please tell us.
Old January 6, 2004, 11:45 AM
First BC Member

Kenya Board invited Bangladesh 'A' team to tour Kenya in the year 2002. And it is not upto Bangladesh to force a tour of Kenya on Kenyan board, it is Kenyan board's responsibility to invite teams to tour their country.

And about Bangladesh inviting Kenya at home, Bangladesh Cricket Board is struggling to even arrange the domestic leagues with all these home series of Bangladesh national team, plus the coming Under 19 World Cup. So inviting Kenya, or any other team like Australia 'A' or Scotland national team is out of the question at the moment.

Bangladesh can't even invite or get invitation from the neighbouring countries like India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka's 'A' teams to play either at home or away - even when there are tournaments going on involving the 3 'A' teams (India, Pakistan, SriLanka), Bangladesh 'A' team is not invited. So what are the chances that Bangladesh will go on a tour and get an invitation?

Namibia have arranged to host Bangladesh national team (not the 'A' team) at the start of next month (February 2004) and Bangladesh will go on that tour - just read the other threads regarding this.

Wasim Akram was requested to come to Bangladesh right now before the tour of Namibia and Zimbabwe - but he is busy with his tv commentry, so he can't come at this moment. But he will come later on when he's free and when the BCB can arrange some time for him to come.

Bangladesh should conduct a tri series whenever possible, but not every team is free at all times with the busy International schedule - also taking the fact of the cricket season - its not always possible for Bangladesh to host International cricketer 12 months a year.
Old January 6, 2004, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Given the National team schedule is completely packed and will remain so, there is some merit in expanding the A team tours to non-Test countries like Kenya and Namibia. Would be mutually beneficial. Bangladesh should invite Kenya to play in our domestic league! Why not?
Old January 6, 2004, 07:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Default will Kenya take the invitation of playing in domestic league?

I doubt rafiq bro...if they will take the invitation of sending Kenyan team to play in league I know Odumbe and Tikolo played for us..but as a whole country representing Kenya ..I doubt...they are already put themselves high above us by defeating us..I don know if it'z a issude of pride but I guess they won't play in leagues in our country( I mean the whole Kenyan team)...this is just a thought plz don take it personally..cuz Kenyans are way more optimistic and proud cuz of their recent performance
Old January 6, 2004, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

So that they don't ruin it by being beaten?
Old January 6, 2004, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasib
So that they don't ruin it by being beaten?

Our national team can't even beat Kenya, so how do expect our crappy domestic leaguers (who can't even manage 250 runs an innings) to beat them?
Old January 6, 2004, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm sure they can now inshallah... we are a new team now!!!
Old January 7, 2004, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

well they can send their "A" team then or just a few players, whatever. or they can go play county cricket. i'm not losing too much sleep over where kenya is playing.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by rafiq]
Old January 7, 2004, 11:13 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Lets not get carried over. Kenya is as good as BD, if not better. Inviting them to play in our domestic league is an insult. We can invite kenya A team to play the domestic league.

As for inviting them, we did. But Kenya pulled out as they had pay dispute with players and all players were suspended. After they pulled out at the last moment, you cant blame BCB for not inviting them again.

And us visiting them, we need the invitation first. Look at Namibia, they invited, and we gladly accepted. I am sure, if Kenya invites, we will go.

I have a hunch, it is Kenya who does not want to play us now, specially since they did so good in WC and Bangladesh turned around so much since Dav took over.
Old January 7, 2004, 10:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Default completely agree with Raj

i totally agree with u Raj bro
Old January 7, 2004, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Cowards!!!... (I just hope I don't have to regret what I'm saying [thank god there are no Kenyans on this board])
Old January 8, 2004, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

You guys forget that Kenya does not have a first class criket infrastructure. They don't get to play first class cricket other than the odd contract here or there which is rare. So they need to go do the Busta Cup or Patrons Trophy, etc. From that perspective, Bangladesh has a first class league, too bad it is crappy, but it remains a recognized first class league. The Pakistanis think their first class league is crappy, too. Inviting a team of Kenyans to play in Bangladesh, whether it is A or B or a team of long distance runners is not something so extraordinary. I don't think it is an insult at all.
Old January 8, 2004, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Just out of curiosity... is having a domistic comp needed before a country is granted test status?
Old January 8, 2004, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Does Kenya even have an "A" team? If no is there anyway they can get one?? Considering they had to bring ppl out of retirement to make their squad or 30 for the WC
Old January 8, 2004, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasib
Just out of curiosity... is having a domistic comp needed before a country is granted test status?
I'd say so...Kenya didn't get test status because they didn't have a good enough domestic infrastructure
Old January 9, 2004, 01:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Kenya in the Carib

Kenya depart on Caribbean odyssey

Wisden Cricinfo staff

January 2, 2004

Kenya left for the Caribbean today to start a ten-week tour during which time they will participate in the domestic Carib Beer Series. They start their campaign against the West Indies 'A' team at St. Kitts on January 9.

"It's going to be a great tour for us since we will play in all the Carribean islands during the eight weeks," said Andy Moles, Kenya's new coach. "It is a long tour and there are opportunities for both the younger players and the established ones to show what they can do at a different level of the game, in a different environment."

The team, which includes three junior players, will be without the country's leading bowler Thomas Odoyo, who underwent a successful knee operation in December. "I'm sad to have to miss the tour but I have to save my future career," said Odoyo. "I hope Alfred Luseno who takes my place in the team will be a good replacement and will learn a lot during the tour."

Kenya squad Steve Tikolo (capt), Martin Suji, Peter Ongondo, Maurice Odumbe, Hitesh Modi, Brijal Patel, Lameck Onyango, Alfred Luseno, Kennedy Obuya, Maurice Ouma, Francis Otieno, Collins Obuya, Ravindu Shah, Rageb Aga.
Old January 9, 2004, 09:52 AM
First BC Member

Kenya has an 'A' team - only they let their national players like Steve Tikolo, Tony Suji, etc. to play for their 'A' team - the kind of culture that we have recently started in the current Patron's trophy and cup - when we were supposed to give our second string players a chance against stronger oppositions, we gave our 7/8 national players a few chances.

In case of Kenya, it is OK because their have player-shortage, but what about us? It was a crime for our selectors to deny the opportunity to play against tougher opponents away from home. You never know - this Rashedul Haque Sumon guy could have done much better if he was given the opportunity to play all the matches of Patron's cup and trophy, not only 6 matches (3 four-dayers and 3 one-dayers) that he's gonna play.

Come to think of it, our club officials are guilty of similar crime when they get 4 foreign players in place of 4 locals.
Old January 10, 2004, 02:11 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Rashedul Haque Sumon - he saved MSC and Dhaka so many times in the leagues, yet, he doesn't even get an automatic call for a the A team.

BCB goofed up a little bit but one good thing the tour did - it gave us the return of Bidyut. If Bidyut can keep his form, Sumon (Bashar), Rajin, and Hannan will have another partner they can count on.

As for Kenya - they do not have too many players - they send their national team and A team to various places and BOAST about the 'A' teams success - which is utterly ridiculous. If they could, they would have fielded the same team for under 19s. (however, their age group selection made it to the semis of a tournament in India where BD under 19 made it to the finals - it has South Africa, India, Sri lanka under 19s but i don't think these were their main teams).
Old January 11, 2004, 04:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Kenya test status

I have heard that Kenya is going to get test status in 2005 but I have not any news after that
I would like to know the latest news and development about the test status being given to Kenya
If anyone have news pls reply

I think they did not get test status before because of their domestic structure
They should have improved that

I think it would be nice to watch Bangladesh and Kenya playing a 3 ODI matches home or away

It would determine which side is best of the two
Old January 11, 2004, 12:17 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Kenya needs to get that test status before Tikolo, Odumbe and the rest of the 30+ players become to old to play or they stand the chance to beating our all losing record.

I have a feeling that if the going gets tough, they will look to India and Pakistan and 'borrow' some of their promising players.