facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 4, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Default Upcoming Election and Your thoughts

It seems the wheel is turning in a constant rhythm. If nothing extra ordinary happens in after Eid activities, we are going to see the big opposition in power again.

I am always in favour of the honest and dedicated leadership no matter which banner one carries in his arm. I am tired to see those two big stupendous masochists in power.

Date: 18 December 2008
Days left: 74

Old October 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I had a feeling that this time venal politicians are not participating in this election. Had that feeling of mine come true then people in general would have been in the seventh heaven. But Alas!!!! as time is passing, this sincere hope is dissolving
Old October 4, 2008, 07:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Expecting that the corrupt politicians will not participate & will not be elected is foolish. They will keep participating & coming to power. We hardly have alternative trustworthy & honest politician. Corruption doesn't stop automatically/voluntarily in any society. We just need to have a system in place to make corruption difficult. Hope the current interim government as made enough legislation to ensure atleast fol:

1. An independant judiciary in true sense
2. An independant Anti-Corruption Dept
3. An independant Election Commission
4. An independant media

Or else we will keep seeing the same old practices again and again & again..
Old October 4, 2008, 07:09 PM
Cricket Savant

after i take my citizenship oath...ima vote for obama i think...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 4, 2008, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

As far as I understand from Mr. Fakhruddin's comments on Time Magazine (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=27959) he was focusing on bringing in changes in systems (as explained in BANFAN Bhai's post above) to set the stage for democratic process. The good leadership might not turn up for vote overnight or this election. However, the systems established is expected to bring those good leaderships to the stage in the future (maybe in 20 - 40 years time). India started their democratic process over 50 years ago and have become what we know as current India - People think and understand the importance of voting for good leadership very seriously (doing it for over 50 years). This is a social change and would take years but what we see now is perhaps a good start.

Therefore, expecting corrupt bad ones not doing what they used to do (overnight change in BD politics) would be a desired wish but a foolish one. People would have to hold on from this fresh start and keep things on right track over the years to make a better Bangladesh.
Old October 4, 2008, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohiul
I had a feeling that this time venal politicians are not participating in this election. Had that feeling of mine come true then people in general would have been in the seventh heaven. But Alas!!!! as time is passing, this sincere hope is dissolving
This link http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=98156 shows that parties are asked not to give nomination to certain candidates who have issues from their past. BNP -110, AL -25, JI - 5 might be barred from vote this time. Let's see how it goes.
Old October 5, 2008, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Good posts nsd3. It reminds me the Ayaat when Allah clearly denying to support the nation who will not support thyself. As the thought of getting a clear structured democratic ruling seems desired but foolish, this could be the most probable situation where the nation was somewhere able to draw a conclusion to that old cycle and look for a fresh new beginning without depending on those tested corrupted rejects, my finger is not to the culprits who were directly involved in the biggest crimes whereas also to those who actually provided the support and blessing to them so they could continue such misery to the general mass.
Old October 15, 2008, 05:03 PM
Cricket Sage

No more thinking going on in this topic?
Old October 16, 2008, 08:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
No more thinking going on in this topic?
I was hoping some hot debate but it seems BC members are way smart to spare their brain cells for useless BD politics.

Days Left: 63
Old October 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

inshallah I will give you feedback from BD. My flight is suppose to land in Dhaka on 18th Dec 2008.