facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the test squard?
Yes 7 16.67%
No 25 59.52%
50-50 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 8, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

hopefully they will leave out SN, nazimuddin, abul hasan in the first match. if we lose this match, it will be due to bad team selection. why picking off form player--i dont get any clue

Old November 8, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

naeem's selection is the only positive thing. hope he gets a chance to bowl too
Old November 8, 2012, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Not sure which Nafees u are talking about but the Nafees i know, 3 of his highest test scores came against Australia and Pakistan.... Period

and the Nazim i know only played 2 international match, 1 he scored brilliantly and the other he did not, against the most destructive spin attack at that moment.

And match winners? give me a break. Bangladesh has NO match winners for test cricket yet. Tamim and Shakib are doing well but they are still not Match winners for the longer version... and you think Anamul and Mominul would be match winners?

and please don't use the "potential" tag on these players. Every single player in the team has the "potential" ....

Yes Nafees "had" many centuries! Those are years ago. As someone said why not bring out Haba in the mix? He also has many half centuries. There is no point talking about the records or stats, it all comes down to how is your form now!

About match winners, Anamul just won the match for Khulna siglehandedly. Mominul has been scoring consistently lately in A team and at NCL. They are definitely match winners at the FC level. Given right guidance they have potential to replicate it at Int level.
As far as Law and Ian are concerned, these coaches see potential in the likes of Anamul and Mominul, but they did not mention about Nafees and Nazim. Nazim played under Ian's coaching in DG.
So future INT or current match winners at NCL level or potential tags are coming from the coaches who saw them and actually coached them. And no, not everyone posses the same potential. I don't see Nafees or Nazim winning the matches at the NCL like Tamim or Anamul.
Old November 8, 2012, 07:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I wouldn't say hitting 1 century in the NCL, means scoring freely. You could term Tamim and Naeem as scoring "freely." Also it seems that your bracketing Nazim and Nafees as the same. Nafees scored a 60 in the 1st match and failed in the 2nd but didn't get a chance in the 2nd match. Nazim on the other failed to notch a 50. Also Nafees made 3 fifties in Tests in 2011 and he's hit big scores before at this level albeit, less consistently then we would have liked.

Finally your saying you want Junaid to open the innings. Don't forget he averages a 17 as opener and 32 as a #3. SN, on the other hand, averages a 27 as opener. So don't you think it's a better idea to have Nafees opening while Junaid is at #3?

Zunaid can open if Nafees and Nazim don't open, yes Zunaed is always better off at 3. I think we all saw Anamul was scoring more easily than Nayeem for sure. His last innings where rangpur got bundled out less than 100, he by himself scored 104 at almost 100 percent strike rate, compared to Nayeem at only around 30%. Anamul scored 1 century out of 2 matches he played. He scored more century than any national players or compared to any player for that matter during last season.
If you are not fluent or comfortable you can't pile up so many runs
Old November 8, 2012, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Zunaid can open if Nafees and Nazim don't open, yes Zunaed is always better off at 3. I think we all saw Anamul was scoring more easily than Nayeem for sure. His last innings where rangpur got bundled out less than 100, he by himself scored 104 at almost 100 percent strike rate, compared to Nayeem at only around 30%. Anamul scored 1 century out of 2 matches he played. He scored more century than any national players or compared to any player for that matter during last season.
If you are not fluent or comfortable you can't pile up so many runs
No doubt Anamul looks fluent once he gets going. Plus his temperament and conversion rate looks solid.

Remember though, the Mirpur pitch has looked very tricky for batting. Is it the right idea to debut him there? Debuting him in Khulna would make a lot more sense since that's his home ground and he's already scored a century there. So he's got the confidence in those conditions and would make better since if he plays there compared to the 1st Test. That is of ourselves if Nafees, Nazim, or Junaid fail.
Old November 8, 2012, 08:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Zunaid can open if Nafees and Nazim don't open, yes Zunaed is always better off at 3.
If Zunaid opens the batting then I want ATMR or Ajfar to come in at 3.

Tamim
Zunaid
ATMR/Ajfar
Ajfar/Ashraful
Old November 8, 2012, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
No doubt Anamul looks fluent once he gets going. Plus his temperament and conversion rate looks solid.
No doubt about that. Almost a Michael Clarkesque type of conversion rate. But i think Anamul is very uncomfortable in the beginning period of his innings but when he gets going he scores well. He just needs to work on that beginning period so he can make much more consistent scores. Lately he has been scoring centuries or scoring less than 15 runs.
Old November 8, 2012, 10:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
. Lately he has been scoring centuries or scoring less than 15 runs.
That's the fear factor. If his scoring pattern is like that in domestic, U19 and A Team level, that means, he only can score big in extremely favorable conditions & Weaker opponents. He is most likely to fail in tougher conditions and against quality opponents. Because they won't allow him to go past the initial shaky period. That's what he has shown in the tri series in Zimbabwe against a little quality opponent. So, he really needs to get rid of that problem before debut. Otherwise another premature series and he performs poor, even he will lose his confidence to play at the highest level. We really don't need to hurry him, he has time to sort out all these issues playing for the academy, A team and HP camps if available.

He is no doubt a talented player, so we should handle him with extreme care.
Old November 8, 2012, 11:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
No doubt about that. Almost a Michael Clarkesque type of conversion rate. But i think Anamul is very uncomfortable in the beginning period of his innings but when he gets going he scores well. He just needs to work on that beginning period so he can make much more consistent scores. Lately he has been scoring centuries or scoring less than 15 runs.
That's a definite weakness that should be worked upon for sure

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 9, 2012, 12:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Check his highest scores... against India, New Zealand... almost all of them were under a pressure situation. He is batting with the tail for all of those innings and extended the team total... that is the pressure situation for test cricket...
I don't remember him scoring good when the team needed him to perform to remain in the match. When the match is already lost, he performs. But whenever he needs to work as finisher he fails.
Old November 9, 2012, 12:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

To me anamul or mominil should've get chance.....instead of shaharir naffess......waste of a player. I don't think he will get a chance in xi......so, atleast any young player would enjoy that position.....play or not play..
Old November 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Most of the forum members were unhappy as Anamul was not taken in the team. After watching him today, still i don't think dropping him from test squard was not a bad idea. With this foot work its tough to survive in test cricket. Anamul need to work on his foot work.