facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 6, 2006, 10:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Post Most Indian men want...

Indian man: 49% prostituted 37% gayed, 14% familied. Major international news. Unbeliev
Major news in American media. Was top Yahoo news all day today. Reuters. All over the blogosphere. NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Nearly two-thirds of young Indian men expect the woman they marry to be a virgin, but nearly half have had sex with prostitutes, according to a poll. The survey of more than 2,500 men aged between 16 and 25 conducted by India Today magazine across 11 cities found that 49 percent claimed to have had sex with a sex worker while 37 percent said they had had a homosexual experience. But 63 percent of young men in conservative India said they expected the women they married to be a virgin. The average age of their first sexual encounter appears to be falling -- to 18 years from 23 in a similar survey two years ago, but condom use is on the rise, the report said. More than half of the men surveyed said they always used a condom. Fourteen percent of those surveyed said they had had sex with a member of their own family. The question for us is "are we much different than them?" http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061106/...A1BHNlYwMxNzAy

Last edited by Nasif; November 6, 2006 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Title Fixed

Old November 7, 2006, 12:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

This is simply crazy!

But answers one question...why their authority's actions are so screwed up. It's coz they themselves are so screwed up!

I'm sure we're quite different than this, in each case: not so many having sex with a sex worker, or being gay, or even having sex with own family member. Can we have a similar study with all the BC members? That'll certainly prove my point
Old November 7, 2006, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i would suppose, given the similar cultural backgrounds and geographical locations, that the stats wouldn't vary too much across the border.

btw, bc members do not really represent the entire population.
Old November 7, 2006, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Thats true. Statistically, we are a small sample size and the response would be biased. And chinaman would deifinitely remove such polls.

But speaking for myself, I definitely dont fall in that category at the top!
Old November 7, 2006, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
i would suppose, given the similar cultural backgrounds and geographical locations, that the stats wouldn't vary too much across the border.

btw, bc members do not really represent the entire population.
Religion is a big factor here.Why do you think Muslim countries have little or no infiltration by AIDS?
Old November 7, 2006, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

familied.. haha! The word you are looking for is incest.

I think Bangladesh is also up there in this category with all the cousin marriage/relationship. I hope by family member they meant "extended family" member, otherwise 14% is too damn sick. I am not saying cousin marriage isn't sick, it is also pretty sick but somehow it got accepted.

As for 2/3 expecting to marry a virgin...they are just dreaming. Most youth these days have sexual relationship before marriage. Desi people are so good at hiding.

Here are some stats for BD youth (teen to early 20s) - was published in Daily Star magazine.
- 90% of upper class youth (not married yet) had sexual relationship
- 90%?? (it's up there) of lower class youth, have multiple sex partners
-Compare to that, only 50% of middle class youth had pre-marital sex.
Old November 7, 2006, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

yea the situation has gone worse now in BD, and I wont be surprised if Orpheus's stats are correct.

on my last visit to BD (summer 06) I could see the big change with my own eyes. It seems these are no longer social taboo and ppl are no longer embarassed making out in public (well, by public i mean the fast food shops, vehicles etc).

particularly i was really shocked, when I saw couples hugging each other right next to the local mosque (next to Dhanmondi Lake) totally ignoring the Azan behind....

Such a moral degradation, over such a short period.....heh... bissher shathe taal miliye desh egiye jacche... bhabte......

Last edited by ialbd; November 7, 2006 at 05:48 PM..
Old November 7, 2006, 11:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I think Bangladesh is also up there in this category with all the cousin marriage/relationship. I hope by family member they meant "extended family" member, otherwise 14% is too damn sick. I am not saying cousin marriage isn't sick, it is also pretty sick but somehow it got accepted.
If you include cousin marriage as incest, then may be over 50% of the population in deshi villages, over 90% in Persian geographic area, and over 70% in the middle-eastern geographic area would have incestuous relationships.

Personally, I don't like cousin marraiges, but I wouldn't declare it as "sick". A few people in BC might belong to this group. It didn't somehow get accepted...it has always been accepted, for centuries.
Old November 7, 2006, 11:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
on my last visit to BD (summer 07)...
Boy...may be you got a time-machine. You're one year ahead of all of us!
Old November 7, 2006, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
familied.. haha! The word you are looking for is incest.

As for 2/3 expecting to marry a virgin...they are just dreaming. Most youth these days have sexual relationship before marriage. Desi people are so good at hiding.

Here are some stats for BD youth (teen to early 20s) - was published in Daily Star magazine.
- 90% of upper class youth (not married yet) had sexual relationship
- 90%?? (it's up there) of lower class youth, have multiple sex partners
-Compare to that, only 50% of middle class youth had pre-marital sex.
I used the word "familied" on purpose. Besides "incest" isn't the right word because a lot of these were among underage family members who were experimenting (which is very common). I bet every stat mentioned here are muuuuuch higher among Pakistanis. So, Shafin, you have very high opinion about Muslims. I just googled cousin marriage and found out that 90% of the marriages in the history of mankind were estimated to be among cousins. It was always safe for people to stick to close relatives. I am sure it has gradually gone down with time. Even now its very high through out the world. So, all of us definitely have ancestors who were cousins. Thanks for the stat on BD youth. Good to see some sexual liberation in good old BD. Adlof_Hitler - You said you are not like these group. Duely noted. Don't follow the self-loathing path of the fallen evangalical leader.
Old November 7, 2006, 01:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Stats

Quote:
........ "Sexual Health for Rural Bangladeshi Youth", a study by ICDDRB and BRAC, shows that 50 percent of Bangladeshi men engage in premarital sex. Another study titled "Premarital Sex and Urban Adolescents in Bangladesh" cites 44 percent of village youth and 90 percent of urban youth as having had premarital sexual relations. Among them, 47 percent of women in urban areas and 5 percent of women in rural areas admitted to having premarital sex......
Link:
http://www.thedailystar.net/magazine...9/02/cover.htm

For details you can go read that article. Too bad it never gave a table, you have to read to extract the info. Also note 5% WOMEN in rural area "admitted" to have sex, which shows so many are lying. 44% (suppose 44% men), have sex in village and only 5% women admitted... LOL... who are they having sex with?

I guess they are all having sex with prostitutes.
Old November 7, 2006, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

For this issue, BC members are so far from a representative sample of BD population that its pointless to do a survey here.
Old November 7, 2006, 03:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
For this issue, BC members are so far from a representative sample of BD population that its pointless to do a survey here.
That was just a joke by the way! Indian news shune shobar matha kharap hoye gese mone hoy!
Old November 7, 2006, 04:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

37% had homosexual experiences?!?!? Surely there is strong sampling bias at work here.
Old November 7, 2006, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
37% had homosexual experiences?!?!? Surely there is strong sampling bias at work here.
Its about the same in USA. The sample of 2500 is such a large number that it can easily come within +/- 2% error for 1 billion people. 950 of them had same-sex experience. What do you think this number should be for India? for Bangladesh?
Old November 7, 2006, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
Boy...may be you got a time-machine. You're one year ahead of all of us!
lol...corrected,

2006 ei je bhoyaboho obosta, 2007 er chinta ar mathay ainenna....
Old November 7, 2006, 07:38 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I wouldn't be surprised if Orphy's made up stats are true, though I'm not sure what's the case with 'lower class' youth, it's probably true anyway.. although sexual experience doesn't necessarily mean intercourse. A lot of girls in upper and middle-class at least have oral (beyond kissing) and same sex experience, if not all the way.. don't ask me how I know.. Just don't your hopes up that the girl you're gonna date or marry hasn't been done yet.
Old November 7, 2006, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

made up? I also gave a link to support that....w/ a para :p
Old November 7, 2006, 08:22 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
made up? I also gave a link to support that....w/ a para :p
didn't see the link on your first post.. the article makes some valid points, pre-marital sex obviously exists more than people care to admit or talk about it.. so no wonder things like homosexuality or teenage pregnancy/abortion (mostly in middle or upper-class) isn't an acknowledged as an issue, even though it's there. Most people just like to keep it to themselves and that's not gonna change unless the society is more open about it.
Old November 9, 2006, 07:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Oh man! this post is scaring me a little bit! I wonder now how would you know if your husband/wife is telling you the truth about their sexual life......Especially for a man...how can one know for sure when the husband tells the wife that she is the very first woman that he will be involved in sexual relationship?

Is there anyway to tell if your husband/wife is telling you the truth or not?
Old November 9, 2006, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
Oh man! this post is scaring me a little bit! I wonder now how would you know if your husband/wife is telling you the truth about their sexual life......Especially for a man...how can one know for sure when the husband tells the wife that she is the very first woman that he will be involved in sexual relationship?

Is there anyway to tell if your husband/wife is telling you the truth or not?

Your intuition is the best way for you judge if your partner is telling the truth or not. However being intuitive is something you are born with and not something you can develope. You can also tell when a person is lying if you know that person for a long time and actually observe their behaviour, you will see that every person has a slight change in facial expression when they lie or hide something. Just my two cents on the topic. BTW are you looking for a virgin guy to marry ? Or else why would you be asking such questions, just wondering.
Old November 9, 2006, 10:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I just have a strange feeling that most of the people who have posted here really don't have a clue about relationship and people's sexuality. Stats are stats. Really, if you choose to take stats from the beginning of human civilization; these stats are meaningless. I personally, don't think we as a civilization are any more decadent than we were 5000 years ago. I noticed some of you guys are really counting types and numbers. Threads like these are very immature. Lately, I am noticing many threads as un-important and "poor" getting opened. It's a pity that I am not a moderator here. As much as I enjoy this forum, threads like these get me worked up to ban a few people or shut it down. Hope someone gets the cue here...
Old November 10, 2006, 12:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

To be a victim of incest is to be "familied" - haha! "Stop familying me, you familier!".